Lister faces tall task as he prepares for Okami

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Lister faces tall task as he prepares for Okami
Wolfenstein
12/21/08 5:38:28PM
How do you see Okami from a technical standpoint?

Okami is a really good neutralizer. If you're a real good striker, he can take you down, and ground and pound you. If you're a good grappler, he's hard to take down. He's going to be able to make your strong point not as strong. He has pretty good endurance. He keeps going a constant pace in a fight. I've heard he's very strong. He's real tall and he's a good counterpuncher.

interview with dean lister
Mayhem13
12/21/08 7:06:02PM
I think I am the only person picking Lister to win this, i may be a slow paced fight..but I think Dean can control the ground game and get the UD
Twenty20Dollars
12/21/08 7:26:35PM

I’m trying to take easy opponents right now.

What is dean talking about? Okami is not an easy opponent. I think lister meant to say he isnt trying to take easy opponents right now.

Okami wins by decision.
jahdoug
12/21/08 7:48:18PM
Lister can choke him out late, the only problem is okami will be way bigger than him in my estimation
kasual
12/21/08 8:45:05PM
Lister is a good technician, but this is mma and a good BJJ game is not enough. I got Okami by ko/tko in the 2nd frame, he's bigger and more well rounded. I think there are a lot of good (interesting, not necessarily favourable) match-ups for Lister at MW, but not in the top 5. The smart and successful fighters are often the ones who don't talk trash before a fight, I see that as a sign of weakness. With this win I hope Okami gets the shot he deserves at Anderson.
chubbud22
12/21/08 9:58:32PM
I cant beleive this is not on the main card; I hope they show this fight sometime during the ppv
Shawn17
12/21/08 10:35:38PM
Okami will overpower him like he did mcdonald and pound him out.
cmb19932
12/21/08 11:09:24PM
i hope lister wins
Givershit
12/21/08 11:17:59PM

Posted by chubbud22

I cant beleive this is not on the main card; I hope they show this fight sometime during the ppv

I hope they show it even if it's "boring". I still really want to see this.

Maybe they're hoping the hardcores will buy it off them anyway. Which is true because I will.