Does anyone else listen to, "It's Time! w/Bruce Buffer" ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Does anyone else listen to, "It's Time! w/Bruce Buffer" ?
emfleek
4/29/10 11:16:58AM
This is a great podcast with Bruce Buffer and TJ Desantis (Sherdog). I've listened to numerous podcasts and this is the only one that has me hooked. Buffer is kind of a cheeser but it's a great show overall. Though MMA is the main focus, they touch on all aspects of life (poker, movies, relationships, etc.).

They also have regular guests. This week's guests were Chael Sonnen and Urijah Faber. I actually enjoyed Chael's interview quite a bit. It kind of changed my opinion about the guy.

Anyways...the podcast is live every Tuesday @ 5pm EST. Check it out if you get the chance. You can always download past shows on iTunes, which is what I do.
DCRage
4/29/10 11:23:35AM
I subscribe to the podcast in iTunes, I never miss an episode. It's the lifestyle show and one of 3 MMA shows I listen to regularly (the others being Pro MMA Radio and Gross Point Blank).
postman
4/29/10 11:50:17AM
Agreed very good show. But while we are on the topic of Podcasts....I have just recently started to listen to them MMA sunday school is by far the worst of the Sherdog Radio shows. I came accross a former well known Playgrounders web site and decided to listen to the podcast they had linked. Now I don't know if it is their show or not but one of the guys on it when asked who could maybe give Jose Aldo a run, the name he came up with shocked me........you ready for it.......Lenoard Garcia. I closed it out after hearing it and no one on the show refuted this absured concept.
bojangalz
4/29/10 12:04:18PM
I listen to Buffer's podcast. It's really a mixed bag for me. Bruce is such a glad-hander it makes me sick at times. I remember him talking at length about how much he disliked Phil Helmuth and how he'd slap him up if he ever had to sit across the table from him. Then he has the poker brat on a show and washes his balls for the better part of 20 minutes.

He's a complete shill for the Zuffa team as well. In fact I think the show two weeks ago where TJ actually called him on the shilling was probably the most entertained I've been in a long time by the podcast. I've wavered back and forth as to whether or not I'll continue to listen to the show. It truly has it's high and low points.

While were on the topic of podcasts... What the hell happened to MMA nation. from what I know it's still on the air but they don't support an itunes feed anymore. The earliest episodes of that show (before the WJFK buyout) were easily the greatest MMA podcasts in history. Luke would just rant on and on for nearly a half-an-hour about whatever was currently pissing him off. It was glorious. Even before they dropped the itunes feed the show had gotten watered down by shorter and choppier segments.
emfleek
4/29/10 1:25:38PM

Posted by bojangalz

I listen to Buffer's podcast. It's really a mixed bag for me. Bruce is such a glad-hander it makes me sick at times. I remember him talking at length about how much he disliked Phil Helmuth and how he'd slap him up if he ever had to sit across the table from him. Then he has the poker brat on a show and washes his balls for the better part of 20 minutes.

He's a complete shill for the Zuffa team as well. In fact I think the show two weeks ago where TJ actually called him on the shilling was probably the most entertained I've been in a long time by the podcast. I've wavered back and forth as to whether or not I'll continue to listen to the show. It truly has it's high and low points.

Buffer is very much a homer/nuthugger. I expect that, though, since he *is* employed by Zuffa and the UFC. I agree that it *can* be over the top at times (most of the time) but it doesn't really bother me.

I enjoy the interviews most of all, which is the reason I think I like it so much.

My only true complaint (and really only because it annoys the crap out of me) is the way TJ says Fedor's name (Fay-a-door). It drives me nuts.
SpiderSilva
4/29/10 6:12:50PM
I'm all over mmajunkie radio gg and goze at 2 funny fat guys i sometimes listen to buffer dude seems like a perv but i do have this weeks podcast and prob gonna listen to it here in a min but i stoped listening to anything sherdog as they seem vary anti ufc/dana white but junkie radio is the sh!t
postman
4/29/10 9:55:58PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

I'm all over mmajunkie radio gg and goze at 2 funny fat guys i sometimes listen to buffer dude seems like a perv but i do have this weeks podcast and prob gonna listen to it here in a min but i stoped listening to anything sherdog as they seem vary anti ufc/dana white but junkie radio is the sh!t

I catch Junkie sometimes its kinda crazy cause they will be talking about the samthings as the Sherdog shows and they will be completely on the other side of the argument almost every time.
postman
4/29/10 9:59:47PM

Posted by bojangalz

While were on the topic of podcasts... What the hell happened to MMA nation. from what I know it's still on the air but they don't support an itunes feed anymore. The earliest episodes of that show (before the WJFK buyout) were easily the greatest MMA podcasts in history. Luke would just rant on and on for nearly a half-an-hour about whatever was currently pissing him off. It was glorious. Even before they dropped the itunes feed the show had gotten watered down by shorter and choppier segments.

You can down load them from the radio site

link