POLL: Who should be next in line for the LW title with a Frankie win?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » POLL: Who should be next in line for the LW title with a Frankie win?
POLL: Who should be next in line for LW title
Pettis vs. Guida winner. 62% (23)
Gray for a 3rd straight fight. 3% (1)
Jim Miller. 30% (11)
Bocek vs. Henderson winner. 3% (1)
Guillard after he steam rolls Roller. 3% (1)
Siver vs. Wiman winner. 0% (0)
Theoutlaw08
3/29/11 3:08:52PM
Let me know what you think about who's next in line.
I'm going to say if Pettis wins, he should get it, but if he doesn't, Guillard should get it.
Twenty20Dollars
3/29/11 3:26:47PM
I said Miller.
Biggz
3/29/11 3:38:32PM
If Pettis wins then him.
If Guida wins then he and Miller should fight for the #1 contender spot
postman
3/29/11 3:49:48PM
Pettis if he wins if not then Miller. As much as alot of are not going to like it Nick Lentz is going to deserves metion.
TeamDEY
3/29/11 3:50:58PM
Pettis if he wins... Miller if he loses
FastKnockout
3/29/11 3:53:01PM
I want Miller to have the next title shot. But, to be fair, Pettis was promised a title shot if he beat Henderson, and he did so I chose him.
Theoutlaw08
3/29/11 3:53:10PM

Posted by postman

Pettis if he wins if not then Miller. As much as alot of are not going to like it Nick Lentz is going to deserves metion.

I agree, Lentz has been good as of late.
DeadHead988
3/29/11 5:46:57PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by postman

I agree, Lentz has been good as of late.

He wins, but he's even worse than Fitch about it. Whereas I respect Fitch for fighting top-level competition, I can't say the same about Lentz.
DeadHead988
3/29/11 5:50:47PM

Posted by Biggz

If Pettis wins then him.
If Guida wins then he and Miller should fight for the #1 contender spot

This is probably the best option. From a fan's perspective I think that the winner of Bocek vs Henderson would make for the most fun, but they really haven;t earned it yet. I know that Miller is on a tear, but I just haven't been a fan since the Bocek fight, which I really thought Bocek won. Guillard has been impressive as hell lately, but he still needs a few more wins.
TS92turbo
3/29/11 5:59:12PM
I want Pettis to get his shot, but I want Guillard and Miller to get one too.
TS92turbo
3/29/11 7:19:02PM
What if Gray wins? Does Frankie get his rematch? Or does Pettis get his shot?
postman
3/29/11 7:37:11PM

Posted by TS92turbo

What if Gray wins? Does Frankie get his rematch? Or does Pettis get his shot?

Unless there is a reason like a bad call by the ref or judges then there would be no reason for Frankie to get a rematch.
sbulldavid
3/29/11 8:28:41PM

Posted by postman

sclasclemski
3/29/11 10:04:43PM
Its fairly obvious Pettis should get the shot if he beats Guida to unify the WEC title...and it doesn't seem right for Clay to get a shot by beating Pettis...however, even though pitting Guida against Jim Miller for a #1 contender makes the most sense I think it puts the title on the shelf for too long...Prob just have to hand the title shot to Miller or face him against someone though I don't know who...Sherk? Sotiropolous?
Lesnar1
3/29/11 10:09:21PM
Pettis if he gets past Guida he was originally slated to face the winner of Edgar Maynard 2 but luck wasn't on his side. If Pettis loses to Guida then either Dennis Siver or Melvin guillard should get a crack at the title if they get past their respected opponents.
Scamrock
3/29/11 10:41:39PM

Posted by sclasclemski

Its fairly obvious Pettis should get the shot if he beats Guida to unify the WEC title...and it doesn't seem right for Clay to get a shot by beating Pettis...however, even though pitting Guida against Jim Miller for a #1 contender makes the most sense I think it puts the title on the shelf for too long...Prob just have to hand the title shot to Miller or face him against someone though I don't know who...Sherk? Sotiropolous?

I agree. Pettis if he wins, if not, Miller. Having a Miller/Guida fight, or anything similar would put the champ on ice for too long. But i guess it'd be okay if they just gave it to Guida. I prefer Miller, though.

If Frankie does win, it makes sense to have a fourth and deciding fight with Maynard, but I don't really feel like watching them fight each other 3 times in a row. It could wait for a while.
FlashyG
3/29/11 10:45:48PM
If Guillard or Siver even gets considered for a title shot before Jim Miller, then something is horribly wrong with the UFC Brass.

Besides they both tentatively have fights scheduled at UFC 132.
pmoney
3/29/11 11:01:05PM
I picked the Pettis-Guida winner. That unification bout needs to happen. I think the majesty of the bout has been lost though, considering that should have been Pettis' UFC debut. It would be kind of weird to have Pettis fight Guida and win, and then have his next bout be a unification bout for a title that doesn't exist anymore....

However, if Guida wins, I say give Miller the title shot.

I would also say put Guida vs Guillard for #1 contender shot, as they both have good streaks going, although Guida arguably has beaten better names. But.... They both train with Jackson MMA!!!!

Siver... I don't know who I would pit him against. He needs at least one more fight before a #1 contender fight, I'd say. I think he would have a very hard time against Edgar, Maynard, Guida, Pettis, Guillard, or Miller.
tonytwister
3/30/11 12:20:16AM
If Pettis gets past Guida (I personally don't think he will) then ofcourse Pettis should get the shot and unify the title. If Pettis loses, where is Guida supposed to go? Miller deserves something for sure though. His only two losses are against Edgar and Maynard. The unification bout needs to happen though, so let the winner of Pettis/Guida get the next shot, and give Miller the loser of Edgar/Maynard 3. This way Miller gets to prove once and for all that he is next in line for the title by avenging one of his losses. Let Sherk fight the loser of Pettis/Guida. And let Guillard and Siver lock horns if both are victorious. Winner of Dunham/Sotiropoulos gets loser of Miller's next fight. I can't believe just how stacked this division is. Oh and for Nik Lentz, considering how he was losing to Waylon Lowe before getting the submission, I don't think he's ready. Plus he doesn't have the name draw yet. I wouldn't be opposed of feeding him to Sherk either. Finally, I think Diego belongs back at 155. His fight with Guida was epic, and his only 155 loss was to B.J. Best wishes to Florian at 145 too. He should be a force there.
Scamrock
3/30/11 1:27:26AM

Posted by tonytwister

Finally, I think Diego belongs back at 155. His fight with Guida was epic, and his only 155 loss was to B.J. Best wishes to Florian at 145 too. He should be a force there.

I'd rather see Nate Diaz back at 155. Though I want those two to fight first.

I actually think Nate can still be a contender at 155. Depending on whether or not Maynard is still gun shy about going to the ground with him, I think Nate has a shot at beating Maynard.
jgtribbett
3/30/11 2:17:52AM
i dont much care for LW fighters... there are a bunch of good ones and they are always entertaining so I just watch the fights. I chose Miller because he deserves a shot. That is all.