next in line for lightweight title?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » next in line for lightweight title?
POLL: Next in line for lightweight title.
Tyson Griffin 0% (0)
Nate Diaz 0% (0)
Rich Clementi 7% (3)
Kenny Florian 47% (20)
Marcus Aurelio 5% (2)
Other(please post who) 42% (18)
chrismithers
6/30/08 8:16:55PM
Who do you think is next in line for the title of lightweight in the UFC. i think either Clementi deserves it or Kenny deserves it. IDK yet though. what are your thoughts
pdanke
6/30/08 8:18:32PM
Odd that you wouldn't add Roger Huerta, since he's in a #1 contender fight with Florian.
chrismithers
6/30/08 8:19:52PM

Posted by pdanke

Odd that you wouldn't add Roger Huerta, since he's in a #1 contender fight with Florian.

i knew i forgot someone darn it
RandyCouture
6/30/08 8:26:06PM
I already know who is next in line the winner of florian vs huerta. Hopefully Huerta cause florian accent pisses me off
bullettdodger
6/30/08 9:04:25PM
yeah its supposed winner of Huerta v Florian
holt8081
6/30/08 9:47:15PM
Ya who ever wins the fight between huarta and kenflo
puppetmaster837
6/30/08 9:48:30PM
Just in case you werent sure from any of the posts above me. Its its the winner of Florian vs Huerta
Kracker_Jap
6/30/08 9:55:32PM

Posted by chrismithers

Posted by pdanke

i knew i forgot someone darn it

MAybe you should think real hard all day before making these threads
EON
6/30/08 10:27:18PM

Posted by chrismithers

Who do you think is next in line for the title of lightweight in the UFC. i think either Clementi deserves it or Kenny deserves it. IDK yet though. what are your thoughts

thats funny becuase i see huerta knocking kenny out

he and BJ would put on a good fight until BJ submits him
SpiderSilva
6/30/08 11:15:38PM
I was thinking they should give the winner of KenFlo Huerta a title shot um oh yeah I remember it is already going to happen

JK
tepid55
6/30/08 11:34:44PM
I think Rich Clementi deserves a shot at the gold soon.
Pitbull09
7/1/08 12:11:11AM
Ha its 9 for Ken Flo and 9 for other (prob all Huerta). This fight is going to be great!
chrismithers
7/1/08 12:13:12AM
it will be but i got to go with florain i dont see much huerta can do against him. I really want to see Clementi in the title picture though that would be awesome.
big_timmy
7/1/08 2:15:01AM
Winnner of Florian Huerta mate.

In case you didnt get time to read the posts above me.
Budgellism
7/1/08 4:34:53PM
I hope Huerta wins this fight between Florian... I really dislike Florian as a fighter and I'm always routing against him for some reason

If Huerta wins, BJ will win by 1st round KO but whatever
goatse
7/1/08 5:12:54PM
nick diaz should come back as lw he would clean house and be champ within a year
Aether
7/1/08 6:01:46PM
I'm pretty disinterested with all of those fights. I would much rather see BJ fight GSP, because none of those guys are going to beat him.
chrismithers
7/1/08 6:10:46PM

Posted by goatse

nick diaz should come back as lw he would clean house and be champ within a year

yea in a millon years
theguido
7/1/08 6:34:39PM
Well after the winner of ken and roger I'm gonna go out and say Marcus Aurelio his last few fights he has seemed on a mission.
ObsoleteMan
7/1/08 6:38:33PM

Posted by Aether

I'm pretty disinterested with all of those fights. I would much rather see BJ fight GSP, because none of those guys are going to beat him.

I agree, and the same goes for GSP, but honestly, they've still gotta go out and defend a couple times before we can call the division theirs, ya know?

Hell, I don't even think A. Silva should be moving up yet, when there's still a couple fights left for him(and he probably wouldn't be if it weren't for Affliction), and he's defended 4 (ok, 3...) times in one of the weaker divisions. GSP and BJ haven't even defended once yet, in fairly stacked divisions.

Serra wasn't gonna beat GSP, and Forest wasn't gonna beat Shogun, etc, etc.
EON
7/1/08 8:58:53PM
Whichever fight is more exciting will probably get the shot

Huerta v Florian (most likely this fight)
Tyson v Aurelio
pinoymixplaya
7/2/08 10:36:54AM
I think the list goes in this order, just my opinion...

Florian/Huerta

Griffin

Sherk

Stevenson

Clementi

Diaz

then it would be other guys like Aurelio, Guida, Maynard, Gamburyan, Spencer Fisher, Frankie Edgar, and Hermes Franca...
Figsak
7/2/08 3:21:32PM

Posted by ObsoleteMan

Posted by Aether

Hell, I don't even think A. Silva should be moving up yet, when there's still a couple fights left for him

Exactly what I've been saying, I was WAITING for them to put Silva vs Kampmann!

But anyways I think I'd love to see Florian Vs. Penn just because of their styles. It would end up being a stand up war IMO because they're both dangerous on the ground. BJ would win.

But I think leaving Huerta off that list was a oversight. Huerta NEEDS to get through Florian and Florian NEEDS to prove he's better than Huerta.
RNC
7/4/08 1:11:03AM
Winner of Ken Flo/Huerta fight

Then Tyson or Clementi