who should be next in line for Anderson?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » who should be next in line for Anderson?
POLL: who should Anderson fight next?
Sonnen....again 31% (16)
Okami 20% (10)
Belfort 39% (20)
a fight at LHW 4% (2)
other 6% (3)
ChrisSabal
8/8/10 6:45:37PM
Ok since there has been alot of talk(not by Dana or UFC brass or anything) but by the people on this website. Who do you want to see Anderson fight next?

I'm going to be really honest here and I agree Sonnen deserves a rematch but Belfort has been waiting for how long? I want to see him fight Belfort next.

Maybe give Sonnen a fight against Wandy or Belcher or Bitchping just so I can see him get pounded haha. I think Sonnen really only needs to win 1 or 2(if that) fights to get a rematch. But I think Belfort should be next in line.
KronicBuboniK
8/8/10 7:11:51PM
They should let Belfort give it a go. Though I don't think that he will stand much of a chance against Silva. The Spider's striking is a step above Belfort's. Of course I also thought that Silva would TKO Sonnen in the second.
postman
8/8/10 8:49:33PM
Are you two for real? Its almost been a year since Vitor last fought and that was his only fight in the UFC this go round a catch weight. I don't even see how he is getting mentioned. Yushin deserves a shot before him. But clearly If BJ Penn and Shogun can get instant rematches Chael deserves one.
Wallass
8/8/10 9:30:30PM
I couln't agree with Postman any more! Okami or Sonnen are the only logical choices.
Twenty20Dollars
8/8/10 9:57:19PM
I would rather see Vitor fight Silva because I think Silva/Okami could have the potential to be a snoozer like the silva/thales & silva/maia fight and then people start hatin' on mr. anderson again.
ripley
8/8/10 10:20:51PM
Belfort has been waiting a while, but he had one win before he was guaranteed his shot. I wouldn't mind seeing Sonnen fight Silva again, with Vitor getting a tune up fight against someone that will stand and bang with him
LotusLoo
8/8/10 11:00:15PM
Considering that we have never seen Anderson get dominated like he did against Chael, I think a rematch between the two of them should be next. I was impressed with Chael's control and relentless work throughout the 4 1/2 rounds! I think in a rematch, he may have an even better chance of pulling out the win.
Although, generally, immediate rematches are given after a somewhat controversial win/loss (Machida/Rua, Penn/Edgar, etc.). So, it may not happen right away. BUT I hope so!
Taylor8766
8/9/10 3:21:31AM
I dont understand why vitor should br next in line for a title shot personally i thinlk it should be okami, he is most deserving of a title shot than any one and he really has a good chance at beatng silva. Or give Chael his much deserved rematch and have okami-belfort fight for the #1 contender spot.
Chael_Sonnen
8/9/10 10:18:02AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Ok since there has been alot of talk(not by Dana or UFC brass or anything) but by the people on this website. Who do you want to see Anderson fight next?

I'm going to be really honest here and I agree Sonnen deserves a rematch but Belfort has been waiting for how long? I want to see him fight Belfort next.

Maybe give Sonnen a fight against Wandy or Belcher or Bitchping just so I can see him get pounded haha. I think Sonnen really only needs to win 1 or 2(if that) fights to get a rematch. But I think Belfort should be next in line.

Immediate rematch!
DCRage
8/9/10 10:19:21AM
185-Belfort. 205-Jon Jones.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
8/10/10 9:12:32PM
Jon Fitch is my pick or Jake Shields
similar fighting style to Sonnen except with submission defense
hate4thestate
8/10/10 9:40:41PM
Belfort.... only caused he was promised a shot. After that Okami. Okami has a style that might make for a good fight between the two. After that if Sonnen gets some wins together, Sonnen. But what i really wanna see more then anything is Silva vs Shogun...
DosBox
8/11/10 2:49:02PM
Well honestly, business will trump divisional merit for Anderson's next title defense.
I'd really look into Okami for a title shot, early reports had Okami/Munoz to be considered a top contender. I think at the end of the day they will go with Vitor Belfort.

I dont like the Vitor fight now (or at least its not as appealing as it was). Anderson is off until March/April, and it'd be at least a year and a half before Vitor gets to fight. Okami got a title shot but got jumped because he was injured. Vitor got a title shot and got jumped because he was injured. I think he should have a fight before having a title shot.
It should go to Okami IMO.
chickmagnet
8/13/10 1:51:18PM
Lets see a LHW Title fight between Shogun and Silva!
tepid55
8/15/10 4:53:38PM
I think Okami will get the next title shot, I think he'll get the decision due to his great submission defense.
pinoymixplaya
8/16/10 9:28:40PM
Even though a fight with Vitor would be entertaining, he hasn't proven to be a top Middleweight yet. Sure he did awesome at 195, but what about 185? He should fight a guy like Chris Leben, and if he can win decisively, then he should get a shot.

Okami should be next, just because nobody else is left and there is some marketing to be made based on the previous and controversial match b/w Okami and Silva.

Sonnen should fight Bisping on the same card as Anderson and if he wins, he should get a title shot against the winner. If Bisping wins, he should probably fight the winner of Marquart/Palhares for next in line.
DeadHead988
8/27/10 10:29:43PM
I can't think of one good reason to give Vitor a title shot, might as well give one to Kalib Starnes (Look up Kalib Starnes vs Nate Quarry if you don't know what I'm talking about)