lindland vs. silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » lindland vs. silva
cloppio
3/2/08 9:58:57PM
how do you guys think this fight would go? as of now i don't see anyone hanging with anderson but someone will have to step up to the challenge.

juanez13
3/2/08 10:21:08PM
i actually think lindland would pose a bigger threat to silva than henderson did, just becuase hendo belives in his power, thats why he stood for a while, on the other hand, Linland wouldnt wait around more than a few seconds to take silva down, and would take the fight to the ground every time they are standing,.............i dont know if he would win, but i think with him being relentless on the takedowns would defenately increase is chances of winning.
postman
3/2/08 10:32:51PM

And before anyone says they don't think Linlad could take Silva down remeber he took Fedor down.
NatedawgThaM
3/2/08 10:39:52PM
Lindland has better wrestling then Hendo but does not have the chin. That's the main factor against Anderson, you almost have to have a great chin to beat him unless you catch him first. He's the deadliest striker P4P if not the best fighter P4P.

Lindland would have to finish him quickly which I can't see him doing so I see Lindland getting caught from long range in late 1st or in the 2nd for a brutal KO loss.
gartface
3/2/08 11:02:58PM

Posted by postman

And before anyone says they don't think Linlad could take Silva down remeber he took Fedor down.

And he might have won that fight if the ref would have actually punished or removed Fedor's hand from the rope.
Twenty20Dollars
3/3/08 8:44:38AM
I think Lindland is the biggest threat as of now who anderson hasnt beat. But I want to See Anderson vs Okami rematch and then Anderson wins and drops down to WW.

I think Lindland gets finished tko, it would go just like the hendo fight only silva finishes tko.
fullerene
3/3/08 9:13:43AM
I'm really surprised by the chances everyone is giving Lindland. IMO, he was the 2nd biggest loser in that match and I don't see how he can be sold as a legitimate threat to Silva.

So he takes him down and he's the stronger guy--what's new? I was betting the same thing with Lutter, Marquardt and Henderson. And I was right--they all did that, but none of them could survive. Lindland has less of a sub game and a standing game than any of them, plus he hasn't won a fight or made 185 pounds in quite a while. I think Silva showed the same thing Fedor did 3-4 years ago--that he is too good to be beat by a guy who is simply able to secure a takedown and take top control.
tylerlee123
3/3/08 5:56:10PM
I think Lindland would beat Silva for sure i think he would of beat fedor if he hadn't of grabed the ropes
mkiv9secsupra
3/3/08 6:15:47PM
Lindland would get mauled. Hes a better wrestler than Hendo but not a better fighter. Hendo outclasses him everywhere but wrestling in which Hendo is only SLIGHTLY not as good. Look at what David Terrell did to Lindland. Anderson would push forward and be the aggressor and get the easy TKO
hippysmacker
3/3/08 6:22:27PM

Posted by fullerene

I'm really surprised by the chances everyone is giving Lindland. IMO, he was the 2nd biggest loser in that match and I don't see how he can be sold as a legitimate threat to Silva.

So he takes him down and he's the stronger guy--what's new? I was betting the same thing with Lutter, Marquardt and Henderson. And I was right--they all did that, but none of them could survive. Lindland has less of a sub game and a standing game than any of them, plus he hasn't won a fight or made 185 pounds in quite a while. I think Silva showed the same thing Fedor did 3-4 years ago--that he is too good to be beat by a guy who is simply able to secure a takedown and take top control.

I agree. To me Lindland is a poor mans Hendo. I will take Hendo's chin, sub D, Standup, and Power. I would guess 1 rst or 2nd round KO for Anderson.
jiujitsufreak74
3/3/08 6:32:01PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

And he might have won that fight if the ref would have actually punished or removed Fedor's hand from the rope.

he wasn't going to win. i agree the ref could have penalized him but fedor was going to win one way or another. no way does the best fighter of all time lose to a MW. even if Lindland was able to get a clean takedown Fedor would have most likely been able to sub him. i wouldn't use the rope grabbing as an excuse for Lindland potentially winning the fight

as for Lindland vs Silva...i think it would go similarly to the Henderson fight only Anderson gets a KO in the 2nd. as a few have said before Lindland doesn't have the chin and Anderson is deceptively strong rocking those who have impeccable chins and Lindland does not have an impeccable chin by any means. but who knows, maybe he can avoid the striking but i highly doubt it.
cspecial
3/3/08 10:16:27PM
i don't really care much about the middleweight class anyway. i think it's a sorry class. i mean franklins a good fighter but he was king shit there and he's really not all that damn good. i wanna see anderson drop down and take GSP. that would be the best fight ever.