Lindland's Excuses

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Lindland's Excuses
« Previous Page
BadSanta
4/15/07 7:41:47PM
Fedor should have been penalized for gripping that rope to reverse the takedown.

However, the moment that upset me the most was when Bodog tried to convince me of this:

jdubs
4/15/07 8:01:49PM
boo hooo!!! Are people going to bash Fedor cause he grabbed rope. Everyone grabs the rope or cage, it is just a natural instict. If you think that determined the outcome of the fight, PLEASE!! If this sh*t is going to haunt Fedor I say lets do it again, if so Lindland will have alot more to cry about than Fedor grabbing the ropes.
Juggernaut
4/15/07 8:05:16PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

While Fedor did have hold of the ropes it did not stop the TAKEDOWN. Lets think about how the physics of things work.

If someone holds onto a rope while they are elevated, which Fedor was for a little while, the rope will merely try to stop the momentum of the slam.

Lindland was walking around with him in the air for a few seconds, I did not see him trying to violently throw Fedor to the floor, which is what you have to do to get him down. So Matt should have been more aggressive in the slam.

The outcome of the fight was not even close to affected by that incident, if you even want to call it that.

Lindland is gutsy for trying, but Fedor can be beat, there is no doubt about that.

The outcome was too affected by the incident. had fedor not have held the ropes to stop the takedown, he would have never reversed the slam and Lindland would have ended up on top. and for those of you who have actually fought in an MMA match you know that there is a big difference from being on the bottom and being on top. especially with a guy that outweighs you such as Fedor did Lindland. and as previosly stated, Fedor is a Sambo champion as well. there is a huge difference between strengths and weaknesses when you on your back or in the mount. and as previously stated also, Fedor was cut. and had Lindland had gotten the top position and rained down a few more blows the fight may had been stopped. I agree that there should be a rematch in a cage, and make it in the U.S. not Russia
Juggernaut
4/15/07 8:10:31PM

Posted by jdubs

boo hooo!!! Are people going to bash Fedor cause he grabbed rope. Everyone grabs the rope or cage, it is just a natural instict. If you think that determined the outcome of the fight, PLEASE!! If this sh*t is going to haunt Fedor I say lets do it again, if so Lindland will have alot more to cry about than Fedor grabbing the ropes.

people are bashing fedor for grabbing rope because it was clear that he was trying to prevent the slam and it was deffinately intentional, and not out of instinct like all f Fedor's fans claim. hell, I'm a fedor fan too but the point is he knew he would have been in trouble. Matt Lindland is one of the toughest fighters pound for pound but people don't give him enough credit because he is not widely advertised and mainstreamed as the Fedors, Liddells, Coutures, and GSPs are. the true hardcores who have been watching for years since the beginning of the sprot know this. and so do those who actually have MMA experience, not the ones who just watchfro the sidelines and criticize like theyknow everything
Gogoplata
4/15/07 10:26:36PM

Posted by Juggernaut
]

The outcome was too affected by the incident. had fedor not have held the ropes to stop the takedown, he would have never reversed the slam and Lindland would have ended up on top. and for those of you who have actually fought in an MMA match you know that there is a big difference from being on the bottom and being on top. especially with a guy that outweighs you such as Fedor did Lindland. and as previosly stated, Fedor is a Sambo champion as well. there is a huge difference between strengths and weaknesses when you on your back or in the mount. and as previously stated also, Fedor was cut. and had Lindland had gotten the top position and rained down a few more blows the fight may had been stopped. I agree that there should be a rematch in a cage, and make it in the U.S. not Russia

No rematch, for the love of God. No one wants to see this garbage again. Fedor should be fighting top HW competition, not top MW competition.
Junior24
4/15/07 11:58:10PM
If Linland is that upset demand a rematch through Zuffa. Fedor still has one more fight w/Pride. They can fight in Japan w/reputable refs and more exposure and demand a cage. But a rematch wont happend becuase its part of the match. Linland did it against Rampage in their fight and that was in cage. Linland had a few oppurtunities to take him down. He had double underhooks for at least 30 seconds. He should have moved him closer to the middle of the ring before attempting his takedown. Plus instead of sweeping his leg, he should just slammed him, but he probably couldnt 'cause he was fighting a HW. I bet you every Greco-Roman wrestler out their is asking why he didnt suplex him.
Lay_N_Pray
4/16/07 1:45:43AM
Juggernaut...I agree it is MUCH better to be on the top then on your back obviously, but please think logically in this situation.

If the fight was against Nog it would have been a HUGE difference because Nog has the strength to keep Fedor on his back potentially.

But Lindland does not and Fedor would have easily been able to get off his back. I mean Fedor has been on his back before and has not had a problem getting in a dominant position on good heavyweights, so I find it hard to believe someone who is nowhere near as strong could hold him down.

I just dont see it in this situation as a major factor
madmarck
4/16/07 10:25:27AM

Posted by kerazzle

a lot of people at sherdog are bashing Fedor now, it's pretty unbelievable.

Sherdog is the home of Fighter bashers. A fighter has one bad fight or loses a title. Gone in their good graces.

Shit happens in MMA, sometimes fights dont end fairly. But it happens.

#1 Reason Matt Lindland Lost
He fought Fedor Emilenko
#2 He was the best 185lb fighter in the world fighting the #1 205+ fighter in the world
Gogoplata
4/16/07 1:29:49PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by kerazzle

a lot of people at sherdog are bashing Fedor now, it's pretty unbelievable.

Sherdog is the home of Fighter bashers. A fighter has one bad fight or loses a title. Gone in their good graces.

Shit happens in MMA, sometimes fights dont end fairly. But it happens.

#1 Reason Matt Lindland Lost
He fought Fedor Emilenko
#2 He was the best 185lb fighter in the world fighting the #1 205+ fighter in the world

I think this post pretty much sums it up.
hippysmacker
4/16/07 5:06:18PM

Posted by butterballs

lets be serious here now guys, Lindland wasn't going to beat Fedor. If Fedor would have walked into the ring and shot him with a .45 I would have still probably just said it was inevitable.

-Virus-
4/16/07 8:11:45PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by butterballs

lets be serious here now guys, Lindland wasn't going to beat Fedor. If Fedor would have walked into the ring and shot him with a .45 I would have still probably just said it was inevitable.

hook_tothe_body
4/17/07 4:10:49PM
Yeah it kind of looked liek Fedor grabbed the rope for not even a second, let go, left his arm hanging there (it was sitting on the rope) and then reversed Lindland.

But only Fedor really knows that, I guees.

Anyway, yeah Lindland might have gotten top position, but Fedor would have eventually won the fight.
SteedTheDeed
4/18/07 2:10:48PM
fedor is getting more heat for this than sylvia did when he was holding the cage like he was being blown away by a tornado.
pv3Hpv3p
4/18/07 3:10:49PM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

fedor is getting more heat for this than sylvia did when he was holding the cage like he was being blown away by a tornado.

Yah, it's pretty rediculous... Every fighter has done it... Like you mentioned Sylvia... Florian also comes to mind against Sherk... And there are a ton more...
cowcatcher
4/18/07 3:29:58PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by SteedTheDeed

Yah, it's pretty rediculous... Every fighter has done it... Like you mentioned Sylvia... Florian also comes to mind against Sherk... And there are a ton more...

the difference here is that the same people who ripped sylvia for it are saying it isnt a big deal whe fedor does it.....im not a sylvia fan, and i think fedor is great but nuthuggery is rearing its nasty head again
JunCTion
4/18/07 7:59:41PM

Posted by Juggernaut

Posted by jdubs

the true hardcores who have been watching for years since the beginning of the sprot know this. and so do those who actually have MMA experience, not the ones who just watchfro the sidelines and criticize like theyknow everything

that was a jacka** comment. the "true hardcore fans" & "those who actually have MMA experience"

so all of us sideline watchers are fedor nutthuggers and YOU are speaking for ALL the true hardcores & MMA fighters who KNOW that fedor was intentionally holding the rope to change the outcome of the fight.

so tell me Juggernaut. do i have to actually compete in an MMA fight to make an educated decision if fedor was holding the ropes by instinct or intentionally?

and at this point please tell me what makes a fan hardcore?
amount of fights watched, amount of years watching mma, amount of sherdog posts. do you have a criteria that i should be following

and i appoligize to ALL the true hardcore fans and MMAers that agree with Jnaut that i have offended with my sideline watcher temper
Pages: 1 [2]