LINDLAND DISCUSSES EXODUS FROM BODOG FIGHT

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » LINDLAND DISCUSSES EXODUS FROM BODOG FIGHT
SmileR
3/5/08 11:42:26AM
Lindland last competed in April of 2007 against Fedor Emelianenko in BodogFight: Clash of Nations in St. Petersburg, Russia. He has spent the last ten months expecting two more bouts and two more paydays. Neither came to fruition.

"I lived up to my end of the bargain," said the Greco-Roman wrestling Olympic silver-medalist. "I haven't fought since April, anticipating two more fights with Bodog.

"I was exclusive with them for that period of time. That's why I hadn't done any negotiations outside of that contract. I was upholding my end of the bargain and dealing with them with integrity and honesty. I was being forthright, but they weren't doing such. It was very difficult.

"Link
SmileR
3/5/08 11:47:20AM
Man it sounds like Lindland was shafted! I hope he gets what he's owed and pounds out his frustration on who ever he faces in June!
Darnok
3/5/08 11:56:16AM
But with Lindland it is always someone elses fault. Don't get me wrong I like the guy as a fighter but he complains as much as Tito does.
silverbullet
3/5/08 12:09:20PM

Posted by Darnok

But with Lindland it is always someone elses fault. Don't get me wrong I like the guy as a fighter but he complains as much as Tito does.

They don't call him "The Law" for nothing
Manfred
3/5/08 2:02:40PM

Posted by Darnok

If not more. This is the same guy who:

- tripped an opponent during the Olympic Trials (Illegal in Greco) and whined to get a rematch, which he won and went to court to get a spot. He even BIT one of his opponents! VIDEO LINK

- and lied about tapping against Bustamante

The guy is dirty as they come and even Tito "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" Ortiz doesn't come close
SmileR
3/5/08 2:43:14PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Darnok

- tripped an opponent during the Olympic Trials (Illegal in Greco) and whined to get a rematch, which he won and went to court to get a spot. He even BIT one of his opponents! VIDEO LINK

The guy is dirty as they come and even Tito "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" Ortiz doesn't come close

Did all this stuff really happen?!
I heard he tripped that guy but i never knew he bit someone and then took them to court to gat a place?!
whardin19
3/5/08 2:54:54PM

Posted by Darnok

Exactally my thoughts on the guy. Well said. Lindland always has someone else to blame. One reason the UFC doesn't want to deal with him.
Manfred
3/5/08 2:57:09PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Darnok

Did all this stuff really happen?!
I heard he tripped that guy but i never knew he bit someone and then took them to court to gat a place?!

With the trip, he was DQ'd and he appealed to an arbitrator to who ordered a rematch. He won the rematch, but the USOC still didn't want him on the team. He took the appeal to federal court which he won, hence the name "THE LAW"

As far as if the biting really happened, watch the vid. Not sure if it was the same guy, but it was definitely against another American. (You cajn see the USA on his back)