Lil Nog v. Rameau

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lil Nog v. Rameau
Kazmierz21
2/25/07 2:25:42PM
Vaguely remind anyone else of Randlman's Donkey Kong punch to Cro Cop's cranium?
ElGuapo31
2/25/07 3:52:33PM
kinda...but randlemans punch much more clearly connected and was a sick punch...ive watched this fight 20 times already and still am not convinced lil nog didnt take a dive
automattic
2/25/07 4:09:12PM
Would definately like to see a rematch.
warglory
2/25/07 4:46:26PM
It'll happen. This was a complete fluke. Not to take anything away from the winner, any win is worth noting, but Nog is going to be looking for revenge ASAP.
jocksmall
2/25/07 6:43:36PM
im sure it was powerful but it looked like it missed him mostly
waylon_o
2/25/07 6:46:07PM
I watched it about 6 times and i still can't figure out how he went out like that...
Svartorm
2/25/07 6:51:03PM
The punch actually landed on his neck, which will KO pretty much everyone. Plus Rameau is extremely strong for his weight. Just look at the difference in physique before the fight.

Having Lil Nog take a dive makes no sense, because putting Sokoudjou over in the US does nothing for them. If they were fighting in Camaroon, it might make sense, but not in America.
hippysmacker
2/25/07 6:51:11PM

Posted by ElGuapo31

kinda...but randlemans punch much more clearly connected and was a sick punch...ive watched this fight 20 times already and still am not convinced lil nog didnt take a dive

Dude, that's uncalled for. I would never accuse anyone of a dive in these times without concret evidence. This a NOG, they would be the last people I would accuse of taking a dive anyway. he just got caught, it happens. Randleman/Cro-cop is an apt comparison IMO. Unless you think Cro-cop took a dive too? I highly doubt it

Also there is already a topic on this with 20 response. Please check the first 5 pages of the Pride/UFC forum and the first 3 of any other forum for a related topic before starting a new one. This one time I'm not going to deltete it, but I have been deleting repeat threads since the fightcard . Everyone please just take a look for before starting a new one
thanks
ADMIN
Baz
2/25/07 6:56:00PM
Can't believe for a second that he took a dive.
jaba
2/25/07 6:57:47PM
nog will have too take him down fast, theres no way he can stand and scrap with rameau, not that im blamin em though, that guys huge. I think Rameau is gonna be a big lhw contender in the future.
EEKS
2/25/07 7:01:10PM
I was literally in shock for like 5 minutes after that. It just couldnt register in my head, there should definetly be a rematch
Spud
2/25/07 10:19:37PM

Posted by jaba

nog will have too take him down fast, theres no way he can stand and scrap with rameau, not that im blamin em though, that guys huge. I think Rameau is gonna be a big lhw contender in the future.

yeah, huge contender.

before that fluke, he had a massive 2-1 record.
he was brought in to showcase Lil Nog but that went down the pan fairly sharpish.

if the UFC don't acquire him fast, I'd say he'll be fighting Hendo soon enough for the middleweight belt......
ButterBalls
2/25/07 11:26:16PM

look at that pic and tell me he took a dive...
Svartorm
2/25/07 11:42:37PM
I think he took a dive into dreamland after that left hook.
ButterBalls
2/25/07 11:49:26PM
tell me about it, that was the definition of KTFO
loller90278
2/26/07 12:10:44AM
although i didn't state it i knew he had a chance after i heard he was training at team quest.. big props to him and his camp!