Lil' Nog vs. R.T.S and Hansen vs. Ireland confirmed!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lil' Nog vs. R.T.S and Hansen vs. Ireland confirmed!
Romeo
2/8/07 2:06:49PM
Antonio "Minotoro" Rogerio Nogueira vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou and Joachim Hansen vs. Jason Ireland have been confirmed!

Source: www.prideofficial.com
OchoCinco
2/8/07 3:09:33PM
Nog and Hansen by way of murder.
Stickan
2/8/07 5:55:42PM
I hope these Pride debutants put up good performances at least. Huge mis-matches though.
nickcuc547
2/8/07 7:11:52PM
ireland has lost to mac danzig, jorge gurgel and dustin hazlett, those are the only notable fighters he has fought and he has lost to all of them, none of them are even close to hansen's calibur imo, hansen by first round ko.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/8/07 7:57:47PM
you all think these fights will be aired?
ElGuapo31
2/8/07 7:59:05PM
i really feel that hansen is gonna want a KO in under 30 seconds after losing his last fight
Stickan
2/8/07 8:43:17PM
The french named guy has a 2-1 record and just came off a TKO loss in the first round. RTS on fightfinder

Is this a joke? This guy vs one of the best LHWs right now!? I can't believe the commission allows this fight to happen.
It might very well be the biggest mismatch in the history of MMA.
Kudos
2/8/07 8:53:03PM
Someone has to give these newcomers a chance to shine if they win. If they lose, it's not a big deal. New stars are created by fighting top opponents. It might look like easy fight for Lil' Nog and Hansen, but you'll never know if someone will prove you wrong.

Pride needs to create new stars, and what better way than to give up a tough opponents to newcomers to build them up if they succeed or put up a good fight. Records can’t tell you everything about a fighter. You can’t based everything on it.
MartyMorgy
2/8/07 10:11:21PM
It's just good to see lil nog fighting. Just think of it as a tune up fight and on the next card he will fight Silva or arona
Svartorm
2/9/07 3:21:44AM

Posted by ElGuapo31

i really feel that hansen is gonna want a KO in under 30 seconds after losing his last fight

I'm of the impression Hansen always wants a KO in 30 seconds.

Apparently Pride felt there hasn't been enough knee-to-the-face highlights lately and figured they'd bring in someone who will get dumped by it.
SteedTheDeed
2/9/07 5:58:19PM

Posted by Kudos

Someone has to give these newcomers a chance to shine if they win. If they lose, it's not a big deal. New stars are created by fighting top opponents. It might look like easy fight for Lil' Nog and Hansen, but you'll never know if someone will prove you wrong.

Pride needs to create new stars, and what better way than to give up a tough opponents to newcomers to build them up if they succeed or put up a good fight. Records can’t tell you everything about a fighter. You can’t based everything on it.

what if lil nog wins...he doesnt move up the ladder. This fight doesn't help his career. #1 contender should be fighting #2-3 guys who could make lil nog even more ready for a title shot.
jay98107
2/9/07 7:19:25PM
Both easy money picks IMO.
hippysmacker
2/14/07 8:58:14PM

Posted by nickcuc547

ireland has lost to mac danzig, jorge gurgel and dustin hazlett, those are the only notable fighters he has fought and he has lost to all of them, none of them are even close to hansen's calibur imo, hansen by first round ko.

Have you actually seen Ireland fight? I haven't and just want some info on him.
Svartorm
2/14/07 9:12:24PM
According to his record, I own one of the KOTC events he fought on. I'll go watch it while I wait for my pizza to get here and get back to you.
hippysmacker
2/14/07 9:18:07PM

Posted by Svartorm

According to his record, I own one of the KOTC events he fought on. I'll go watch it while I wait for my pizza to get here and get back to you.

Ya know i have like a 6 disc KOTC Dvd set. I'll check myself. It's too bad you didn't offer to share the pizza though. Apprecite the gesture, no matter how empty it is without pizza thrown in
Svartorm
2/14/07 9:53:47PM
The one I just watched was on the first KOTC box set with the first 8 events, the Best of, and the Documentary on cage fighting.

I'd let you bang my sister before I let you eat my pizza.

Ok, I lied. I don't have a sister.
JimiMak
2/25/07 12:58:48AM

Posted by Stickan

The french named guy has a 2-1 record and just came off a TKO loss in the first round. RTS on fightfinder

Is this a joke? This guy vs one of the best LHWs right now!? I can't believe the commission allows this fight to happen.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Trapt1nw0nder
2/25/07 3:25:32AM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by Stickan

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

haha...funny to point that out!..Props