How Likely Is Vitor Belfort-UFC Deal? Just Follow the Evidence

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » How Likely Is Vitor Belfort-UFC Deal? Just Follow the Evidence
emfleek
6/24/09 9:02:07AM
Last week, UFC President Dana White surprised a few people by saying that he'd like to put together a matchup between middleweight champion Anderson Silva and current Affliction middleweight Vitor Belfort.

The statement was surprising because White's been burned in the past announcing matchups that never happened and deals that fell through. Most recently, he did a verbal contract with Mirko Cro Cop prior to UFC 99, but the Croatian star bolted after one fight. Most famously, he had then-PRIDE fighter Wanderlei Silva enter the octagon at UFC 61 to announce a matchup with UFC superstar Chuck Liddell. But talks soon fizzled and White wasn't able to put the two together until after he bought PRIDE and acquired Silva's contract.

STORY
Twenty20Dollars
6/24/09 11:04:02AM
All I can say is make it happen!
emfleek
6/24/09 11:10:58AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

All I can say is make it happen!

I agree! I'd love to see the Phenom back where he belongs.
Rush
6/24/09 12:05:10PM

Posted by emfleek

The statement was surprising because White's been burned in the past announcing matchups that never happened and deals that fell through. Most recently, he did a verbal contract with Mirko Cro Cop prior to UFC 99, but the Croatian star bolted after one fight. Most famously, he had then-PRIDE fighter Wanderlei Silva enter the octagon at UFC 61 to announce a matchup with UFC superstar Chuck Liddell. But talks soon fizzled and White wasn't able to put the two together until after he bought PRIDE and acquired Silva's contract.

Is that Dana saying that or the author of the article?

I was under the impression that Cro cop's one fight in the UFC was the contract.

In addition, I was sure Dana axed the Silva-Liddell fight once Silva lost to Franklin because Silva was no longer the top fighter.
machodog76
6/24/09 1:41:56PM
MAKE IT SO #1