Likely Nike sponsorship for Junior Dos Santos

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Likely Nike sponsorship for Junior Dos Santos
FastKnockout
10/31/12 3:17:40PM
Early reports started surfacing Tuesday afternoon about a possible Nike sponsorship for JDS. It only looks more likely following his appearance on UFC Tonight.

LINK
frizzzlecake
10/31/12 3:31:44PM
I hope they have a better catch phrase for JDS.

I liked Bones Knows. Not enough to buy the shirt, but I liked it.
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/31/12 3:36:11PM
I thought "Bones Knows" was dumb, just like "Silva Knows." It's a ripoff from the old "Bo Knows" from back in the day.

Sweet deal for Junior. He's a good fighter and a good dude. I'm happy for him.
Biggavelli
10/31/12 3:39:10PM
Nice, JDS is a great person and a good face for the Nike brand.
kingsmasher
10/31/12 4:49:57PM
I can see it being a deal but not global like Jon Jones...he hasnt even defended the belt yet has he? nike getting that brazilian market...
Bubbles
10/31/12 4:52:01PM
well they have a spot that opened up after Lance Armstrong was dropped...and they could use an MMA fighter who hasn't ruined his image
MMAcca
10/31/12 6:05:54PM

Posted by kingsmasher

I can see it being a deal but not global like Jon Jones...he hasnt even defended the belt yet has he? nike getting that brazilian market...

Yep it's Brazil only to start with, like Anderson's was.
infestructure
10/31/12 6:30:49PM
Couple of possible new JDS slogans...

JDS takes a guess

JDS thinks

JDS reckons

JDS would totally destroy the other MMA fighter sponsored by us and everyone would rejoice
FastKnockout
10/31/12 6:55:22PM

Posted by kingsmasher

He defended it against Frank Mir.
prophecy033
10/31/12 7:33:14PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

He defended it against Frank Mir.

a quick google search would have answered it for him
Drudinh
11/2/12 3:28:37AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by kingsmasher

Yep it's Brazil only to start with, like Anderson's was.

Brazil has always been huge into fashion since like the 60's. Nike is a staple especially for the hoods. That is why they call eachother playboys in the favillas as an insult. It is ass backwards imo. They are just adding JDs to a list of sponsored sports figures from brazil that is dominated by soccer players.