Lightweight Matches that Make sense!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Lightweight Matches that Make sense!
timekeeperboi
10/31/11 11:28:22AM
These Are the top Contenders right now In my OPINION (no particular order)

sidenote = im noticing a lot of rise to glory after suffering a loss while on TOP... stories..in some of these light weights..hmm..

Clay VS Henderson = Already in the making. GOOD!

Miller Vs Guillard = Might possibly be in the making..everybody has been talking about about it, and now that they both suffered a loss when they were at top, it will be perfect for both of them.

Cerrone Vs Lauzon = Should be happening! Not Cerrone VS Nate..!! like WTF!
I'm not saying that Nate isn't good enough, im simply saying that there is a better fight...

Pettis VS Maynard = Would be a good step for pettis.. (just like when henderson got to fight miller)..

Edson VS Siver = even though siver just lost to cerrone, i still think it would be a good step up in competition for Edson.
To me, siver is like a faster Ross pearson..And Edson had problems beating Ross...so he might have trouble beating siver....

(sidenote) - even though pearson beat siver, I still think siver is better...(sue me)..

Nate Vs Ross = If nate can topple over Ross then he is in the right weight class.
I think Ross is better than the other people who failed to make the list, and considering..Takonori doesn't really have it anymore... that victory to me was.. mediocre. Ross will be a true test for Nate. And both of them can benefit from the win!

TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS....
which of these fights sounds good??

kingsmasher
10/31/11 11:36:29AM
I think totally Cerrone and Lauzon would be perfect or Cerrone against Pettis...Cerrone should be able to out wrestle Nate really...It will be interesting..

Cerrone has been given smaller opponents in Rocha and Do Bronx...Siver is a one trick guy who I thoguht at best tied Wiman...

Id like to see Wiman train his ass off and fight Cerrone...

I think Cerrone thoguh needs a wrestler and I think the UFC knows hes not very good against one..Cerrone and Jim Miller would be interesting...

I dont see Cerrone ever beating Henderson...Frankie or Gray Maynard...Or Melvin Guillard...He might get lucky like Lauzon did...Melvin got cocky...

Cerrone and Lauzon would be best...in whats the title picture right now makes the most sense...
Rabi
10/31/11 5:41:27PM
Id rather see Cerrone v Diaz then Cerrone v Lauzon.

As good as Lauzon he struggles with his cardio.

I think Nate Diaz would lose to Cerrone but it would be a much harder match then Cerrone vs a gassed out Lauzon.
tcunningham
11/1/11 1:38:44AM
pettis vs maynard
cerrone vs any top 5, diaz is a good fight too
frankie vs henderson

eventually i want to see cerrone vs henderson again in the ufc. theres alot of fans that missed their meeting in the WEC, excellent fights. both guys seem to be on a hot streak in the UFC.
Geoffo
11/1/11 12:35:37PM

Posted by tcunningham

pettis vs maynard
cerrone vs any top 5, diaz is a good fight too
frankie vs henderson

eventually i want to see cerrone vs henderson again in the ufc. theres alot of fans that missed their meeting in the WEC, excellent fights. both guys seem to be on a hot streak in the UFC.

I concur, the best fighters coming out of WEC by far (other than Jose Aldo).
armbar66j7
11/1/11 9:14:46PM
id like to see cerrone wait, and if ben beat guida, ben should fight edgar, but if guida beats ben, probably by razor thin decision, he should fight cerrone...IMO