Which Lightweight Fight has been the best this year?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Which Lightweight Fight has been the best this year?
POLL: Which fight do you think was the best?
Griffin/Tavarres 10% (4)
Sherk/Franca 0% (0)
Gomi/Diaz 33% (13)
Stevenson/Pellegrino 5% (2)
Penn/Pulver 5% (2)
Other 48% (19)
Scott_Revels
11/3/07 6:08:03PM
This is a test to see if anyone even reads the original post anymore.. If you do happen to read it, then in your response say "red" at some point. If you do, i'll know that you read it, instead of just the title..

So what do you think is the best lightweight fight this year?

I think Tyson Griffin/Thiago Tavarres was the best..
keith-hackney1
11/3/07 6:15:26PM
diaz win over gomi for sure, great gogoplata by nick.
nickcuc547
11/3/07 6:24:09PM
gomi vs. diaz was the best fight of the year regardless of weight class imo.
tyson griffin vs. frank edgar is the next, followed by griffin vs. tavares and fisher stout 2 imo.
hotrodttt
11/3/07 6:26:00PM
Definatly Gomi vs Diaz , great boxing by Nick , great haymakers from Gomi and 1 of the sickest gogo's I have ever seen

No love for Huerta vs Garcia or Griffin vs Guida
Stickan
11/3/07 6:31:17PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Definatly Gomi vs Diaz , great boxing by Nick , great haymakers from Gomi and 1 of the sickest gogo's I have ever seen

No love for Huerta vs Garcia or Griffin vs Guida

..or Griffin - Edgar or Fisher - Stout 2
loonytnt
11/3/07 6:43:31PM
i have to go with diaz, my fav fighter
Scott_Revels
11/3/07 7:03:25PM
Yeah.. They are all great.. red A lot of those fights get overlooked.
ohiostate1016
11/4/07 10:25:52AM
"red"

I didn't vote, because my pick of Matt Grice over Jason Black was not on there. I guess if I did vote, then I'd have to say Diaz/Gomi. I almost don't like that one though, because it ended up being a no contest. I guess they can't take back the great fight though.
aaa9erh8er
11/4/07 1:32:35PM
hands down diaz vs gomi i loved that fight i think it proved that diaz is one of ifnot the best lw around. red.

y doesnt diaz fight ufc anymore
adamsb
11/4/07 4:02:48PM
Huerta vs Garcia
Scott_Revels
11/4/07 4:34:15PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

"red"

I didn't vote, because my pick of Matt Grice over Jason Black was not on there. I guess if I did vote, then I'd have to say Diaz/Gomi. I almost don't like that one though, because it ended up being a no contest. I guess they can't take back the great fight though.

red You could just pick Other? I didn't see the Grice/Black fight because well, both guys didn't have anything going for them, that made me interested.. Plus, I had read that their fight wasn't as great as any of Griffins.
Pitbull09
11/4/07 9:28:32PM
Griffin vs Guida by far! Why isnt is up here?
cmill21
11/4/07 9:46:23PM

Posted by Scott_Revels

This is a test to see if anyone even reads the original post anymore.. If you do happen to read it, then in your response say "red" at some point. If you do, i'll know that you read it, instead of just the title..

You should open your MMA world up beyond the UFC. IMO JZ and Shoalin was awsome for the fact that many people thought it would be a war. Outside of that I'd pick Stout and Fisher 2.
Scott_Revels
11/4/07 9:55:06PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Griffin vs Guida by far! Why isnt is up here?

There is only like six spots to put choices in, so I can't add in every fight that happened this year. Just pick "other." red

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Scott_Revels

You should open your MMA world up beyond the UFC. IMO JZ and Shoalin was awsome for the fact that many people thought it would be a war. Outside of that I'd pick Stout and Fisher 2.

With 90% of MMA fans having only known UFC, Pride, WEC, IFL, and some other small federations, you can't include everything. Plus, i'd never heard anything about that fight in any other topic. I was just going with the fights i'd hear the most about.

As of my post only two people seemed to read my original post. Eight people didn't add in "red" so i'm assuming that they didn't read the OP.
KYGUY07
11/5/07 9:13:59AM
Guida vs griffin
thepunisher
11/5/07 9:24:04AM
Gomi Vs Diaz

that was the fight of the year IMO
fedorwins1
11/5/07 9:30:52AM
1. Griffin vs Edgar
2. Diaz vs Gomi
3. Guida vs Griffin