Lightweight division next title shot? How?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lightweight division next title shot? How?
POLL: So, how do you want the title shot to be given.
Cerrone-Diaz winner vs. Maynard 13% (2)
Cerrone Diaz winner vs. Pettis-Lauzon winner 31% (5)
Melendez 31% (5)
Cerrone-Diaz winner vs. Guillard-Miller winner 19% (3)
Guillard-Miller winner vs. Maynard 0% (0)
Other way 6% (1)
dotaaddict
12/7/11 7:39:49PM
Henderson is already given the title shot in Japan but as of no, Lightweight division does not have a clear path for the next title shot ( fighting the winner of Henderson-Edgar).

So, how do you want the title shot to be given.

For me, I will go with the Cerrone-Diaz winner vs. Maynard because I really believe that he needs to end his rivalry with Edgar.
Budgellism
12/7/11 8:16:06PM
I think if Melendez wins, it should be him.
Geoffo
12/7/11 9:22:39PM
WINNER Of Melendez vs. Masvidal.
Gets next title shot.

FastKnockout
12/7/11 9:57:44PM
I don't want to see Melendez fight for the title until he earns AT LEAST one win inside the UFC.
Twenty20Dollars
12/7/11 10:00:32PM
It will be Melendez.
Adrenaline
12/8/11 2:38:18AM
It will most likely be Melendez if he gets by Masvidal

I actually voted for the wrong one but the winner of Cerrone/Diaz vs Maynard would be the next likely step although I don't see Maynard/Edgar 4 happening so soon but who knows.

I think we will see Miller/Guida or Guida/Guillard sometime down the road because they are all coming off of losses before we see Miller or Guillard getting a shot with a win.
jjeans
12/8/11 4:53:18AM
Fight A) Edgar vs Bendo
Fight B) Masividal vs Melendez
Fight C) Cerrone vs Diaz
Fight D) Guillard vs Miller
Fighters whom are close, Maynard, Sherk, Guida, Tibau

Fight A winner fights fight B winner
Fight C winner fights Fight D winner
Final 2 fight each other
I won't be suprised to see Maynard, Sherk, Guida or 1 of them get a fight against a lower lever contender just to see another smaller contender get knocked off, 2 of them might be paired up and one person might wait in the wings for injuries.
jjeans
12/8/11 4:57:12AM
Fight A) Edgar vs Bendo
Fight B) Masividal vs Melendez
Fight C) Cerrone vs Diaz
Fight D) Guillard vs Miller
Fight E) Lauzon vs Pettis
Fighters whom are close, Maynard, Sherk, Guida, Tibau

Fight A winner fights fight B winner
Fight C winner fights Fight D winner
Final 2 fight each other
Fight E winner will probably face Maynard, Sherk, Guida or Tibau, the other 3, 2 of them might be paired up and one person might wait in the wings for injuries.

(NO EDITS ON THE IPHONE! Sorry)
Dtime_NBT
12/9/11 9:35:00PM
I honestly have no idea who will get it next, but I am on Cerronne's bandwagon and hopes he gets the next shot. He has absolutely earned it, and I would surely not be opposed to seeing a possible rematch between him and Smooth if he can beat Edgar.

It is crazy to see most of these WEC guys come over and handle themselves very well. I was a big fan of WEC and guys like Cerronne, Henderson, Faber, Aldo. But I would be lying if I said that I thought they would have as much success as they have had so far.

WAR CERRONNE!!!!!!!!!!
DoTheMMAth
12/9/11 9:40:47PM
I'd like to see Melendez vs Cerrone/Diaz winner fight for it personally.

I sort of wish the UFC would "Bellator it up" tournament style with some of the other guys to get the next contender.