Light Heavyweight title shot poll and question.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Light Heavyweight title shot poll and question.
Next Page »
POLL: Who is next in line for the title?
Wandy Silva 7% (5)
Chuck Liddell 8% (6)
Lyoto Machida 81% (59)
Thiago Silva 3% (2)
Rashad Evans 1% (1)
Other(please post who) 0% (0)
chrismithers
6/29/08 5:57:39PM
Who deserves the next title shot at either Rampage or Forrest(if he wins)
chrismithers
6/29/08 5:58:58PM
sorry forgot to say who i think deserves it. I beleive Machida gets the title shot cause he right now is the best at light heavyweight besides Ramapge
sammyd1213
6/29/08 6:17:31PM
Machida deserves it. Wandy gets it.
juanez13
6/29/08 6:40:48PM
Machida Deserves it, Chuck gets it.
Twenty20Dollars
6/29/08 6:44:37PM
i think the contenders have to have fights. because right now there is no clear cut contender in my mind.
DCRage
6/29/08 6:50:20PM
Machida deserves it, Machida gets it. Liddell's next after that if he beats Rashad.
Kastro
6/29/08 6:57:35PM
Definitely Machida.. he is undefeated and is on a tear in the LHW division.. he has been in line for a long time and deserves the shot more than anyone else and should be fighting Rampage on the 5th instead of Forrest IMO...

Next in line would be Thiago Silva... the LHW division is pretty stacked right now I cant wait to see what unravels over time... with the addition of Anderson Silva who knows what will happen.. shit is going to get crazy!
chrismithers
6/29/08 7:40:34PM

Posted by Kastro

Definitely Machida.. he is undefeated and is on a tear in the LHW division.. he has been in line for a long time and deserves the shot more than anyone else and should be fighting Rampage on the 5th instead of Forrest IMO...

Next in line would be Thiago Silva... the LHW division is pretty stacked right now I cant wait to see what unravels over time... with the addition of Anderson Silva who knows what will happen.. shit is going to get crazy!

I totally agree with you. With the addition of Anderson it will be an awesome division.
EON
6/29/08 8:22:30PM
dont you have 3 other threads about the LH division and how you think Wand is overrated

chrismithers
6/29/08 9:09:15PM

Posted by EON

dont you have 3 other threads about the LH division and how you think Wand is overrated

nope i think hes overrated by his fans
EON
6/29/08 9:10:07PM

Posted by chrismithers

Posted by EON

freedom of speech is overrated too
chrismithers
6/29/08 9:11:15PM

Posted by EON

Posted by chrismithers

Posted by EON

ok cool, and why wouldnt i put on Wandy people think he deserves a title shot. I dont but others do.
EON
6/29/08 9:13:39PM

Posted by chrismithers

Posted by EON

Posted by chrismithers

Posted by EON

ok cool, and why wouldnt i put on Wandy people think he deserves a title shot. I dont but others do.

what? hes one of my favorites but i dont think he does, who cares honestly, its not like any of us nobodies will make a revelation and coerce any of zuffa's decisions, you should just leave this topic alone, its pretty obvious he isnt getting the title shot until he wins again
chrismithers
6/29/08 9:16:22PM

Posted by EON

Posted by chrismithers

Posted by EON

Posted by chrismithers

Posted by EON

what? hes one of my favorites but i dont think he does, who cares honestly, its not like any of us nobodies will make a revelation and coerce any of zuffa's decisions, you should just leave this topic alone, its pretty obvious he isnt getting the title shot until he wins again

i agree with you. but hands down Machida best fighter in this category of next title shot.
Kracker_Jap
6/29/08 10:41:41PM
If you guys are done

Machida deserves it, and probally gets it because the timing is right....

I do think rashad should have to fight Machida for the #1 spot if he beats Chuck
ncordless
6/29/08 10:53:13PM
I think both Machida and Chuck need another win before they get the title shot. Machida's win over Ortiz didn't do a whole lot for me and I don't see why it does for others. Chuck's win over Wandy was a big win, but I think he needs to beat Rashad convincingly to justify him getting the shot over Machida.
Pitbull09
6/29/08 11:19:03PM
Ha, I am glad we all agree here. Any one who knows Machida's last two opponents not to mention his past victories knows he deserves it. Bj Penn, Rich Franklin, Tito Ortiz, Sokoujou (spelling), how can you not see this guy on trail to top ten p4p if he can win the title?

He is in the perfect division to to prove himself. Liddell and Wanderlei are legends and Rampage would all be great victories.

But yea, anyways I am pretty sure Wanderlei gets the title shot. If not Liddell
Mchubb316
6/29/08 11:24:16PM
Machida deserves to fight the winner of Rampage vs. Forrest, I think that is what most people think. If Chuck beats Rashad, then I think that He gets a crack at the winner of Machida vs LHW title holder. He would then have two wins in a row over top 10 opponents. If Wand fights in December like he wants and wins, he should get a shot at the winner of the previous title fight. In a perfect world it would set up Chuck vs. Wand 2 in the last quarter of 09 for a title shot or not.
Pitbull09
6/29/08 11:30:20PM

Posted by Mchubb316

Machida deserves to fight the winner of Rampage vs. Forrest, I think that is what most people think. If Chuck beats Rashad, then I think that He gets a crack at the winner of Machida vs LHW title holder. He would then have two wins in a row over top 10 opponents. If Wand fights in December like he wants and wins, he should get a shot at the winner of the previous title fight. In a perfect world it would set up Chuck vs. Wand 2 in the last quarter of 09 for a title shot or not.

I agree, the only thing that made Liddell/SIlva not the greatest fight ever is because the title wasn't involved. Can you imagine another two rounds in that fight?!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/29/08 11:56:31PM
TS you fail again.
cmill21
6/30/08 12:30:30AM
Wand because I want to see him vs Rampage 3. lol I'm greedy.
Figsak
6/30/08 1:30:03AM
Machida, and I don't think he's quite as boring as every1 paints him. I enjoy seeing him piss ppl off by running circles around them, waiting till they gesture him to COME THE **** ON AND FIGHT! , popping them in the nose before they can even finish the gesture, then ducking out before they can retaliate. It's butter.
Naturaldisaster
6/30/08 1:54:51AM
Machida
big_timmy
6/30/08 1:56:18AM
God Damn i hate Machida. I can not stand watching him fight. Everyone believes he is that skillful and his technique is awesome, but to me that means nothing if you dont actually push in the octagon and actually FIGHT!

But i can't deny he has beaten some dudes, and he keeps winning. So on that alone he deserves a title shot, but god help me if he wins.

Whats all this talk of Wandy getting a title shot? He is the opposite to Machida. I love watching him fight, and sure he's beaten soem guys in the past, but lets not forget he is on a 1!!!!!!!!!!!! fight win streak. If it was about watchability, Wandy would have had every title shot ever in existence. But its about form aswell, and right now Wandy doesn't have the numbers behind him to deserve a title shot.

With Jardine's loss it kinda threw some things outta line for me, becasue it was clear to me he deserved a title shot, but fell over at Wandy, and thats all it takes.

So after all this blabbing, and it makes me ill to say it, but Machida deserves the title shot.

And the winner of Chuck and Rashard fights the winner of Machida and Forrest. Lets face it, im a Forrest fan.
chrismithers
6/30/08 2:42:16AM

Posted by big_timmy

God Damn i hate Machida. I can not stand watching him fight. Everyone believes he is that skillful and his technique is awesome, but to me that means nothing if you dont actually push in the octagon and actually FIGHT!

But i can't deny he has beaten some dudes, and he keeps winning. So on that alone he deserves a title shot, but god help me if he wins.

Whats all this talk of Wandy getting a title shot? He is the opposite to Machida. I love watching him fight, and sure he's beaten soem guys in the past, but lets not forget he is on a 1!!!!!!!!!!!! fight win streak. If it was about watchability, Wandy would have had every title shot ever in existence. But its about form aswell, and right now Wandy doesn't have the numbers behind him to deserve a title shot.

With Jardine's loss it kinda threw some things outta line for me, becasue it was clear to me he deserved a title shot, but fell over at Wandy, and thats all it takes.

So after all this blabbing, and it makes me ill to say it, but Machida deserves the title shot.

And the winner of Chuck and Rashard fights the winner of Machida and Forrest. Lets face it, im a Forrest fan.

you know this is one thing i dont like about fans and i do this too not saying i dont. is that we critcize there carrer. let them fight how they want to its there job. if they want to pull a kalib starnes pull a kalib starnes.
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/30/08 12:31:39PM
needs to be lyoto
Figsak
6/30/08 1:32:02PM

Posted by big_timmy

No sir this is a sport, not a dinner show. When competingin a sporting event, you do everything at your disposal to get the W short of cheating.

Do you complain when in football at the end of the game one team might take a knee to run out the clock and win?

Do you complain in baseball when a pitcher purposely walks a heavy hitter to get him out the way so they can win?

Machida doesn't fight to make Big Timmy go Ooohhhh, Ahhhhh, he fights to have his hand raised at the end, and he does it well.
gsquat
6/30/08 1:35:43PM
Of course Machida deserves it right now, but Wandy is in the hunt and after Chuck and Rashad fight, the winner will fight for the title for sure.
KYGUY07
6/30/08 4:20:27PM
I think Machida deserves the next title shot, and after that the winner of chuck and Rashad should be in line for a title fight.
big_timmy
6/30/08 11:15:58PM

Posted by Figsak

Posted by big_timmy

No sir this is a sport, not a dinner show. When competingin a sporting event, you do everything at your disposal to get the W short of cheating.

Do you complain when in football at the end of the game one team might take a knee to run out the clock and win?

Do you complain in baseball when a pitcher purposely walks a heavy hitter to get him out the way so they can win?

Machida doesn't fight to make Big Timmy go Ooohhhh, Ahhhhh, he fights to have his hand raised at the end, and he does it well.

In a game of Football, the game isnt considered boring if they take a knee because thats only a small part of the game. If they do it the whole game, **** them, they don't deserve to be playing the level they do.

Same with baseball. Walk one guy on purpose, fine, you still have another 9 innings to play.

In any sport, if a team just plays defensive for the whole match, every match, and only wins by 1 goal each time, then thats boring. I dont care if you classify that as skillful, the whole reason that the worlds top athletes are famous is because we fans pay them to entertain us. If its not for us, then they'd be nowhere. If you wanna fight for the sake of fighting, fight at grass roots types of meets, and give up your pay cheque. Then i wouldn't have a problem with fighters being boring. But your fighting to entertain us, so entertain us.

In the fight game, there is one thing to do, and thats fight. Lets not forget why the UFC is so popular, and thats because we fans pay to see fights, not dudes like Machida playing chess. Can you imagine how boring it would be if the thing was filling with dudes like Machida? I can, and not for one second would i be a fan.

Your in the Octagon to fight, not dodge. Plain and simple.
Pages: [1] 2