Light Heavyweight Class(So confused)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Light Heavyweight Class(So confused)
TOMMYAYO05
9/23/07 11:32:13PM
I mean last night caused so much new controversy and made so many questions come to my mine like.......Is Chuck Liddell even top ten caliber?I mean i didnt even had Jardine ranked but now i do,but i still think Bisping and Evans are better than him.So where does that put Chuck?Also i had Tito behind Chuck but now it seems clearly he should be in front of chuck after last night despite his two losses to the iceman.Is Shogun still number 1?i think not rampage is! but shogun beat rampage.Where is Forrest?I think he is definelty top ten but Not above arona,ortiz,soko,Nogueria.Where is Houston?this weight class is more stacked then i thought.Please enlighten me on what your guys rankings look like so i have some sort of idea how everyone else is reacting to last night.Here is my top ten

1)Rampage Jackson(lost to wandi twice and shogun once,but is dominant in what seems to be a much stronger ufc roster over pride.)
2)Shogun Rua(Yes he just lost but still a great fighter with many wins over top caliber competition including Rampage,Randleman, and Arona.)
3)Wanderlei Silva(Lost two in a row but always fighting top competiton and is still one of the best)
4)Sokudujo(Young and maybe overrated but with two dominate wins over Minturo and Arona he ceacks my top 5)
5)Tito Ortiz(Yeah he just had a draw to Rashad but still Very dangerous with one of the best ground and pound and the best conditioning in mma)
6)Dan Hendorson(Coming off a loss to Rampage but holds wins over many elite fighters)
7)Ricardo Arona(Coming off a loss but was sick and has the best resime in mma)
8)Rashad Evans(one of the best wrestlers with good striking and just had a draw with one of the best)
9)Houston Alexander(another one of those who might be overrated but has made a huge impact and cracks my top ten with his aggressive fighting style and great striking abilty)
10)Keith Jardine(Just came off a huge in over Liddell and has also beat Griffin and i think Bonnar)
puppettamer
9/23/07 11:49:57PM
no lil nog or liddell on the list!? or babalu
NatedawgThaM
9/23/07 11:57:23PM
1.) Rampage(The #1 Light Heavyweight in the world no doubt and to me is #2 or maybe arguable #1 pound for pound)

2.) Dan Henderson(That loss to rampage could have easily been a split decision but I feel he should drop down and dominate Silva..)

3.) Wandy (The only Pride fighter who hasn't proved he's the real deal or a fluke inside the Octoagon yet, but he is still the most exciting fighter in the division and will whoop Chuck or Jardines ass any day)

4.) Rameau Soko(His two wins in Pride were amazing but he might be overrated because if you look at his fight in the WEC compared to his pride fights he might be on the juice)

5.) Forrest Griffin(Should have beat Tito at 59 and just out worked Shogun last night and deserves this spot)

6.) Tito Ortiz(If he gets back to the explosive Tito that would GNP form any postition not just guard he is one of the toughest fighters to beat, him vs Wandy are one of my all time fav.)

7.) Ricardo Arona(Impressive Resume, great BJJ and is improving his stand up and is real hard to beat)

8.) Shogun(Use to be my #1 but I feel his dramatic weight loss to mak eweight killed his cardio and he ha d abad game plan going against forrest trying to take it to the ground plus he didn't use his Muay Thai and if he did he would have ran over Forrest IMO, Still has huge potential, just needs to get to a better fight camp so he ain't just fighting random bums, he needs ot train with fighters who will push hi)

9.) Houston Alexander(To me he would destroy chuck because his fist are just literally bombs and his aggressiveness is just overwhelming, Him vs Wandy would be my all time favorite fight ever!)

10.) Keith Jardine(Look real impressive against Chuck, but I still don't think he can beat anybody above him on this list, yeah he beat Forrest but Forrest got caught after he was dominating him so I don't think he would do it again)

These rankings are just my opinion of course...
ac_gi
9/24/07 12:52:05AM
The fighter rankings on this site are updated with only the responses after the latest event. Check out the fighter rankings tab to get a feel of how people are ranking fighters. Anyway...
My updated rankings
1 Quinton Jackson
2 Dan Henderson
3 Rameau Sokoudjou
4 Mauricio Rua
5 Chuck Liddell
6 Ricardo Arona
7 Wanderlei Silva
8 Rashad Evans
9 Forrest Griffin
10 Keith Jardine
11 Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
12 Tito
13 Machida
14 Jason Lambert
15 Houston Alexander

ncordless
9/24/07 1:22:23AM
1) Quinton Jackson
2) Dan Henderson
3) Wanderlei Silva
4) Houston Alexander
5) Forest Griffin
6) Shogun
7) Sokudjou
8) Ryoto Machida
9) Keith Jardine
10) Ricardo Arona
11) Chuck Liddell
12) Lil Nog
13) Tito Ortiz
14) Rashad Evans
15) Renato Sobral
loller90278
9/24/07 1:57:40AM
1. Rampage
2. W. Silva
3. Dan Henderson
4. Lil Nog
5. Shogun
6. soko
7. Tito Ortiz
8. R. Machida
9. R. Sobral
10. Chuck liddel

these new cats that get a win (jardine, griffin) dont crack in mine just yet.. they need to prove themselves more.
TOMMYAYO05
9/24/07 3:02:59AM

Posted by ncordless

1) Quinton Jackson
2) Dan Henderson
3) Wanderlei Silva
4) Houston Alexander
5) Forest Griffin
6) Shogun
7) Sokudjou
8) Ryoto Machida
9) Keith Jardine
10) Ricardo Arona
11) Chuck Liddell
12) Lil Nog
13) Tito Ortiz
14) Rashad Evans
15) Renato Sobral

Hows tito numer 13 i mean come on........
my top 15 would be
11)Liddell
12)Griffin
13)Bisping
14)Babalu
15)Hamill
tlangley
9/24/07 6:05:48PM
yean man the LHW division is confusing. i like it!
ncordless
9/24/07 6:13:54PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by ncordless

1) Quinton Jackson
2) Dan Henderson
3) Wanderlei Silva
4) Houston Alexander
5) Forest Griffin
6) Shogun
7) Sokudjou
8) Ryoto Machida
9) Keith Jardine
10) Ricardo Arona
11) Chuck Liddell
12) Lil Nog
13) Tito Ortiz
14) Rashad Evans
15) Renato Sobral

Hows tito numer 13 i mean come on........
my top 15 would be
11)Liddell
12)Griffin
13)Bisping
14)Babalu
15)Hamill

Hey man, I know you got love for Tito. I am still a fan of his too. But his last outings haven't proven anything to me except he is still better than Rashad. I can't bring myself to put him above Chuck since he got beat by him. Forrest's dominating win over Shogun vaulted him past Tito, to whom he lost a very close decision IMO.