Next Light Heavyweight Champ

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Next Light Heavyweight Champ
browneye
5/13/08 10:04:31AM
Who do you think will be the guy that will beat Rampage and how do you see the going
jagerman_70
5/13/08 10:07:11AM
I see rampage beating forest down to a bloody pulp and then waiting another year and fight machida and machida will submit him easily. of course after he makes tito tap out
casey64
5/13/08 10:12:58AM

Posted by jagerman_70

I see rampage beating forest down to a bloody pulp and then waiting another year and fight machida and machida will submit him easily. of course after he makes tito tap out

Rampage knocking em all out!!
Cladrix
5/13/08 11:21:29AM
Shogun when he comes back 100%...... until then Thiago SIlva!!!!!!
disturbed_fighter
5/13/08 12:17:49PM
forrest will win
Raykill
5/13/08 12:43:58PM

Posted by disturbed_fighter

forrest will win

IriShame
5/13/08 1:20:53PM
I say Jardine leg kicks him for 5 rounds and wins a decision. Or Wandy beats jardine and comes back to KTFO rampage just like old times. This time there are no ropes to fall through.
billycarnage
5/13/08 2:09:20PM

Posted by Raykill

Posted by disturbed_fighter

forrest will win

Pookie
5/13/08 2:20:01PM

Posted by IriShame

I say Jardine leg kicks him for 5 rounds and wins a decision. Or Wandy beats jardine and comes back to KTFO rampage just like old times. This time there are no ropes to fall through.

its hard to land effective kicks when your opponent gives you no room to operate, and i doubt Jardines punching power is going to scare rampage away from battling inside.
Pookie
5/13/08 2:21:53PM
Shogun is the first fighter that i can think of with a shot at beating rampage that would happen the soonest.
TKo by rib breakage.
gsquat
5/13/08 2:56:12PM
Why is this in the OT? Anywho... Rashad. I'm too predictable. Machida could beat Rampage too.
seanfu
5/13/08 4:24:21PM
Shogun is overhyped imo. Rampage beating everyone. He can beat Wanderlei and Shogun. Machida is questionable.

Forest is no question in my book. The only thing that would make me uneasy is the ring rust and the fact that the last person he fought was Henderson.

It sounds dumb and will never happen but I would love to see Rampage vs Minotauro at catchweight or heavyweight.

Bring in Sakuraba!!! lol
SpiderSilva
5/13/08 6:06:05PM
um Ill go with Tito lol J/K

I say Thiago Silva
murphy_16
5/13/08 9:33:25PM
no one
jomatty
5/13/08 10:26:11PM
seanfu,/
you realize that both of them already beat page right? i think it is a mistake to assume that shogun is overrated based on one sub par performancewith a blown out knee
Aaronno9
5/13/08 11:02:09PM
Shogun. The guys an animal. I mean, forrest beat him fair and square, and it wasnt like shoguns knee was blown out during the actual fight, he just didnt have enough time to train once hed recovered. Also if i remember correctly Forrest have wrecked his shoulder before the fight to so its not like he was 100% either. I just think in a rematch shogun would knock him out. I think rampage would have to crack shogun like he did liddell and put him away early if hes going to win this fight, but i think shogun would just be all over him for the full fight and end up getting a tko or decision.
cmill21
5/13/08 11:52:47PM

Posted by seanfu

Shogun is overhyped imo. Rampage beating everyone. He can beat Wanderlei and Shogun. Machida is questionable.

Forest is no question in my book. The only thing that would make me uneasy is the ring rust and the fact that the last person he fought was Henderson.

It sounds dumb and will never happen but I would love to see Rampage vs Minotauro at catchweight or heavyweight.

Bring in Sakuraba!!! lol

I strongly disagree. The man beat Overeem and Arona on the same night, not to mention Rampage, Lil nog, Randleman, Nakamura, and overeem again. Say what you want about overeem's conditioning but his talent is undeniable, lil nog's resume speaks for itself, Rogerio could probably win the title in the UFC IMHO, Randleman is so strong and fast he can beat anyone, Nakamura is very tough, Arona is rediculously strong and is a very good fighter, and Rampage is the current UFC LHW champ. He's only 26 years old and has a very very serious injury right now so you can't expect him to be fighting everyone in the UFC.
89vision
5/14/08 12:23:00AM
Rampage most likely beats Forrest so Im not too worried about this fight, so whoevers next has the best chance. Lyoto most likely beats down Tito in embarressing fashion then he should be next if Jardine loses (which i see happening) I think he'll also take out Rampage via stylistic mismatch. Lyoto, champ in late 08-early 09.

I'd say Shogun has the next best chance of doing so if he we're to beat 2 top fighters for example the Chuck fight (i see shogun winning) and perhaps Thiago Silva or a rematch with Forrest (100% shogun will win the rematch) then he'd fight for the belt whoever has it, if rampage loses when shogun is on a streak then maybe rampage / shogun 2 can happen even if page loses.

Wandy or Chuck have the next best chances, the only reason i put them together is because of the bad performance wandy had at UFC 79, however i still think wandy can and would win under different circumstances, I'd say Chuck is closer to an undeserving Chuck / Rampage 3 but Wandy has already beaten Page so the 3rd match would be much more intriguing.

Jardine is next if he wins but Wandy cant lose again and this is a bad matchup stylisticly and even if he won i see it much harder to see him beating Rampage.

Thiago Silva, if / when he beats Mendez he should fight winner of rashad / irvin and another big match like Chuck, Shogun, Hendo, etc he'd be very close if not ready for the shot.
holt8081
5/14/08 2:59:11PM

Posted by gsquat

Why is this in the OT? Anywho... Rashad. I'm too predictable. Machida could beat Rampage too.

Ya right Rashad is a punk he has not had a fight with a real fighter yet. Tito is washed up and Bisping is a CHUMP!.
DevonFoxy
5/14/08 3:33:34PM
I think the best option to beat Rampage right now is the only person in the division who isn't injured and has already beat him and that person is.........Wandy. I don't see him getting a title match very soon bur I think if he beats Jardine Dana may want to put that feud into motion trying to get Rampage to avenge his L's. But Id go with wandy right now just be cause hes facing a top ten guy and with a win has as much chance of anyone getting a title shot.

Future wise WAR SOKOUDJOU!!!!!!!!
Pookie
5/14/08 3:41:17PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Shogun. The guys an animal. I mean, forrest beat him fair and square, and it wasnt like shoguns knee was blown out during the actual fight, he just didnt have enough time to train once hed recovered.

It was blown during the actual fight