My Light HeavyWeight Top 20

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » My Light HeavyWeight Top 20
POLL: Who should be ranked higher?
Machida 64% (14)
Rashad 36% (8)
MoJoy
8/12/07 10:13:12PM
This is all subjective. Rankings, one thing I think is not subjective, is that Light Heavyweight is the deepest division in MMA. All the other divisions have first rate fighters in the Top 10, this one has first rate fighters in the top 20.

1.Shogun
2.Rampage
3.Liddell
4.Henderson
5.Sokoudjou
6.Wandy
7.Arona
8.Lil Nog
9.Overeem
10.Rashad
11.Bisbing
12.Machida
13.Tito
14.Vitor
15.Thiago
16.Forrest
17.Nakamura
18.Babalu
19.Lambert
20.Sakara

Some of the guys will vault cause they are quality. I see a good win from Babalu or Machida they go up a lot. When you look at Overeem be smart. He has fought amongst the toughest compitition in MMA, is only 27, is getting better, and has beaten Heavyweights. And look at the LHW who have beat him. This guy is a tough fight for anyone. Bisbing I think is more well rounded than given credit for, he will prove that. What a division.
ocho-cinco
8/12/07 10:22:09PM
Not a bad list. There are always going to be disputes, but one of the obvious ones for me is, what has Bisping done to be ahead of Tito? Also I don't see how you can leave Jardine off the list completely. Thats what I noticed at first glance.
Twenty20Dollars
8/12/07 10:23:38PM
you spelled bisping wrong.
cmill21
8/12/07 10:30:51PM
I suprisingly agree lol. I would personally have soko at 6 and wand at 5 but no big deal. You could also have jardine in the last few but I'm not impressed with him. Good list.
juanez13
8/12/07 10:48:00PM
i agree except qith chuck being ahead of wandy, wandy held the pride title for 7 years!!!!! and his only loss at lightheavy in the past 7 years(without counting hendo) was at the GP against arona,and not to forget that he has beat rampage twice(wich you have him ranked as #2, and lets not forget that chuck has lost to page twice) wich he avenged, they where both dominating champs, but wandy had it for way longer.............

for the rest its not a bad list at all, except i wouldnt put overeem and bisping so high
peachfuzzz1305
8/12/07 10:59:34PM
WOW First of all Sokoudjou is not a better fighter then Wandy

Overheem Has not beat any top compotition so how is a a top 10 fighter

Rashad has not beat top compototion neither

And Bispin needs to fight better fighters to be ranked

And Lambert just owned Babalu so how is he ranked before him

ocho-cinco
8/12/07 11:01:48PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

you spelled bisping wrong.

You didn't capitalize Bisping.
MoJoy
8/13/07 1:44:56AM
Wow Peachfuzz said a really really untrue statement, that Overeem has not fought any top compitition. Not only has he fought top compititon, he has fought amongst the top 5 toughest compition that any fighter has gone against, his last fight was against Shogun, and he has beaten a heavyweight that a portion of people have on their top 10 list. Just look at his stats first, then come back and talk.
peachfuzzz1305
8/13/07 2:24:32AM
READ IT AGAIN BRO

I Said he has NOT BEAT ANY TOP COMPETITION
cmill21
8/13/07 2:59:21AM
He's beat Vitor x2, Igor, kharitonov, he's got some solid wins, he's IMO a very good fighter with room to improve, and he's definetly top 15 and IMO top 12 for sure.
peachfuzzz1305
8/13/07 3:24:07AM
YEAH BUT IF HE IS A LIGHT HEAVY WEIGHT ON THE RANKINGS THEN HIS WINS OVER HEAVY WEIGHTS DO NOT COUNT
cmill21
8/13/07 3:51:36AM
ummm...k, but igor and vitor are both 205's.
MoJoy
8/13/07 4:09:01AM
That's awful logic not to include his fights outside of weight classes. The fact he beat a heavyweight that is a contender means more than most LHW wins, cause they are a lower weight class. Winning against guys heavier than you carries more weight. :
ironmike67
8/13/07 7:55:32AM

Posted by ocho-cinco

Not a bad list. There are always going to be disputes, but one of the obvious ones for me is, what has Bisping done to be ahead of Tito? Also I don't see how you can leave Jardine off the list completely. Thats what I noticed at first glance.

Yeah! I agree! I think Tito should be up a little higher on your list there!
Stickan
8/13/07 8:06:50AM
My top 10 looks just like yours except Wand is at 5 and Soko at 6.
postman
8/13/07 1:01:56PM
I would have to put tito infront of evans if he keeps his hands off the fence he wins the fight.