Liddell-Shogun Set For UFC 85

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Liddell-Shogun Set For UFC 85
DCRage
2/5/08 2:33:35PM
According to the fighters via media outlets, Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua is now official for UFC 85 in London in June. The fight is expected to be the main event.

Article
wrona666
2/5/08 2:35:11PM
If Chuck looks like he did against Wandy he has a good chance of finishing Shogun IMO......I think Chuck will be able to keep the distance and keep the fight standing....
Gladiator
2/5/08 2:43:39PM
This should be another awesome fight. winner will probably get a title shot... how crazy would it be if forrest beat rampage and shogun beat liddell and the title bout in LHW at the end of the year was Griffin vs Shogun 2
DCRage
2/5/08 2:46:11PM
Chuck probably will earn himself another title shot with a win here, if he's beaten both Wandy & Shogun in his last 2 fights it's gonna be awful hard to overlook him again.

Brandon Vera may also be on the 85 card.
tuvok500
2/5/08 2:49:00PM
Liddel rd 2 TKO !!

And i don't think he should have a tilte shot before Jardine.

So Jardine should take the winner of Rampage / Forrest or Liddell will have a rematch with Jardine because of the long delay due to TUF 7 and the winner of that fight will have a title shot.

bullettdodger
2/5/08 3:10:05PM

Posted by tuvok500

Liddel rd 2 TKO !!

And i don't think he should have a tilte shot before Jardine.

So Jardine should take the winner of Rampage / Forrest or Liddell will have a rematch with Jardine because of the long delay due to TUF 7 and the winner of that fight will have a title shot.

I agree, i don't think however that Jardine should have to fight Liddell again, he already beat him recently so whats the point. Chuck should have to wait in line like everyone else regardless of his marketability.
madfrog0
2/5/08 3:13:25PM
now i caint wait for this
jae_1833
2/5/08 4:56:30PM
I think that Rashad and Jardine and possibly even Thiago Silva would be in line ahead of Chuck. He lost 2 in a row and then won only 1 so far with a possibility of 2...since when does 50/50 = a title shot in the UFC!!??
mrsmiley
2/5/08 6:13:09PM

Posted by jae_1833

I think that Rashad and Jardine and possibly even Thiago Silva would be in line ahead of Chuck. He lost 2 in a row and then won only 1 so far with a possibility of 2...since when does 50/50 = a title shot in the UFC!!??

Sadly,I think name power comes before statistics in this case.
I say Liddell takes Shogun,and for that win will probably get a title shot.Though I agree with everyone else who is wanting Jardine to get his shot at the title.
Focker101
2/5/08 6:40:02PM
Rua will be the title holder before the end of 2008
A win over Liddell will certainly put him back into contention

Also I agree Jardine before the winner of Rua and Liddell for the title shot provided he can get another solid win
Jardine should need another win to get a title shot he is on a win streak of 1 so what if it was liddell he lost to Houston Alexander after his win over Forrest
have him fight Rashad, Machida or Thiago Silva

The only reason Forrest gets a shot is because of the TUF political machine
( Don't get me wrong I am exited to see this season of TUF I think it will be the best and funniest yet )

I also say while were waiting for Forrest vs. Page anyways lets get a contender fight at the same time Rashad beat Jardine in TUF 2 lets see the rematch for Top seat

And PLeeeaaassseee can we see Thiago vs Machida or either one of them Against Wandy

Joe Silva are ya listening out there

Of course I suppose there is the age thing too how many years does Liddell have left to compete ??
ufcboss
2/6/08 1:53:58AM
I really want Liddell to take this one, But same with Shogun so this will be a cracker of match.

Um, Liddell rd2 KO.

Now im trying to look too far down the road but I will love to see Liddell V Forrest.
candynuts
2/6/08 2:07:19AM

Posted by jae_1833

since when does 50/50 = a title shot in the UFC!!??

Im not sure, ask Fabricio Werdum.
Buttertincup
2/6/08 6:40:45AM
Liddell TKO Round 2
MMAnomale
2/6/08 5:04:37PM
Wow!! You know that Shogun will want redemtion from his last performance. Now that his knee is better, hopefully he'll have better conditioning. Shogun (and Liddell for that matter) have been at the top of my list of favorite fighters for a few years now, including a few others. This'll be a great fight. I wonder if it'll stay standing up or go to the ground? I say both.
BlazinSaddle
2/6/08 8:03:04PM
i have to believe this fight is tailor made for shogun, he'll use knees like wandy should have and kicks like jardine did, and even take chuck down and once chuck is on his back i see him tapping unless he gets up

also if its a brawl shoguns chin is better so i have to give him the up in almost every part of this fight, shogun by UD or TKO in the 2nd
disturbed_fighter
2/7/08 9:51:42AM
shogun is so terrible, and so are most of the fighters coming out of Pride. Liddell will crush him
RMFG_187
2/7/08 11:41:58AM
Chuck, 3rd RND Unanimous
cowcatcher
2/7/08 11:46:28AM

Posted by disturbed_fighter

shogun is so terrible, and so are most of the fighters coming out of Pride. Liddell will crush him

ridiculous post, why even bother coming on here?
Focker101
2/8/08 3:01:40PM
I agree cowcatcher

Disturbed how can you call a fighter that beat Overeem and Arona in one night a terrible fighter

educate yourself please before ya post
we will all appreciate that
cowcatcher
2/8/08 3:11:52PM

Posted by Focker101

I agree cowcatcher

Disturbed how can you call a fighter that beat Overeem and Arona in one night a terrible fighter

educate yourself please before ya post
we will all appreciate that

ding ding ding