Liddell vs. Jackson UFC 71 May 26, 2007

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Liddell vs. Jackson UFC 71 May 26, 2007
zephead
2/10/07 3:48:47PM
Steve73180
2/10/07 3:56:25PM
Rampage is going to get destroyed! He needs another fight or two before he's ready for Chuck.
Stickan
2/10/07 4:52:47PM
Is this confirmed or is it just another rumor? I sure hope it's a rumor.
eiredave
2/10/07 5:11:27PM
it cant be true surely rampage has 1 fight left on his contract what if he wins he can name his fee to stay ufc would want more control over his pay days surely
punkrockike
2/10/07 5:25:20PM
this cant be true. doesnt make sense.
Violentcuv
2/10/07 6:32:28PM
It's in the rumors sections there. I'm sure its far from anything right now.
Stickan
2/10/07 6:35:25PM

Posted by eiredave

it cant be true surely rampage has 1 fight left on his contract what if he wins he can name his fee to stay ufc would want more control over his pay days surely

Good point. Didn't even think about that.
Now there's no reason for that fight to happen at UFC 71.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/10/07 8:36:02PM
thats 4-5 months from now..

should be 1 more fight in between before he fights liddell if its true,and if he wins
brodieros
2/10/07 10:56:03PM
UFC doesn't give title fights to fighters with one fight left on their contract to avoid fighters holding out for more money, so the only way they fight is if Rampage has signed a contract extension. The only thing that gives this rumor weight is that MMa Weekly has been very accurate in the past.
mrsumo
2/11/07 4:44:23AM
I certainly would like to see that matchup again. I would probably bet on Jackson too. It isn't like he's new. And it isn't like he beat chuck last time with some lucky punch. He beat him. And all the moans about how much better chuck is now than then won't change the fact that Rampage is better now too. Pride is a whole different level of fighter. Yes there are awesome fighters in the UFC, but Pride takes it up a notch. At least it did before they started going under. Anywho, It would be a ppv worth buying.
madmarck
2/11/07 8:03:46AM

Posted by eiredave

If he wins the UFC will offer him a huge contract more than likely.
Just take a look at the WW divison. As soon as GSP won the title. He signed a new contract with Zuffa. Even though he had 2 fights left on his old one. Dana White wants to keep his champions happy. He doesnt want anymore BJ incidents.
jocksmall
2/11/07 6:10:04PM
would love to see this one but sounds like its too soon
mma_fan_matt
2/11/07 7:41:31PM
Didn't he say he wants some more warm up fights before Chuck.