IF Liddell goes up to HW to fight Randy......

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » IF Liddell goes up to HW to fight Randy......
Biggz
11/23/08 1:46:14PM
i just have a few questions that i think of if this is really going to happen.
1. it is said they would fight in June of '09. does this mean neither Liddell or Randy will fight until then? if so that will be almost 1 year in between fights for Liddell.
or should Chuck fight the losser of Mir vs Nog? and then fight Randy for the number one contender

i think the real problem is (and this is coming from a HUGE Liddell fan) is that both Liddell and the UFC want him to keep fighting top guys but if he doesn't win like with Rashad its tough for them to keep putting him against top guys, so they try to make a situation in favor of Liddell. (maybe not fighter wise but definatly big name fighter wise>
what do you think?
nickcuc547
11/23/08 1:51:29PM
it's still a huge fight that will carry a card though, i'm sure both of them will take the fight, they are class acts and have taken on all comers in their careers.
prozacnation1978
11/24/08 6:07:15PM
i think if lidell wants to move up he needs to fight in feb against a heavyweight like a herring or gonzaga first before he gets randy
warglory
11/24/08 7:00:48PM
Chuck Liddell and heavyweight #1 contender should not be uttered for a long time.
DCRage
11/24/08 7:10:21PM

Posted by Biggz

i just have a few questions that i think of if this is really going to happen.
1. it is said they would fight in June of '09. does this mean neither Liddell or Randy will fight until then? if so that will be almost 1 year in between fights for Liddell.
or should Chuck fight the losser of Mir vs Nog? and then fight Randy for the number one contender

i think the real problem is (and this is coming from a HUGE Liddell fan) is that both Liddell and the UFC want him to keep fighting top guys but if he doesn't win like with Rashad its tough for them to keep putting him against top guys, so they try to make a situation in favor of Liddell. (maybe not fighter wise but definatly big name fighter wise>
what do you think?

Doubtful either will fight before then, Randy almost certainly won't given he's on medical suspension for 60 days and this rumor has pretty much ended the Chuck-Anderson SIlva rumors for a couple months from now. Give Randy the Nog-Mir loser.
bls1919
11/24/08 10:12:21PM
Chuck Liddell vs. Randy Couture IV is going to be at HW. seens this a few times and i am still baffled. Maybe not baffled but digusted. its getting to be more about names and tickets that putting the best fighters against one another. these guys both should be at 205, not HW. hopfuly it won't happen
fonduktoe
11/25/08 4:12:16AM
they should just create a seperate weight division
randy v liddell
if you're not chuck liddell or randy couture than you can't fight in the division
the weigh-ins would obviously be a formality
BDON911
11/25/08 12:18:09PM
ugh...I do not want to see another Couture/Randy fight. seems pointless for both parties
hodge
11/25/08 12:31:59PM

Posted by BDON911

ugh...I do not want to see another Couture/Randy fight. seems pointless for both parties

Totally agree with you dude who wants to see Couture fight Randy again
BDON911
11/25/08 12:41:12PM

Posted by BDON911

It will undoubtedly be marketed as another "biggest fight in the history of mma ever"

Let Randy take 1 or 2 more fights against game opponents and give him the opportunity to go out on top. If he loses again to Liddell, that will the 2nd time Chuck retires him. Just seems like a big for everyone involved, including the UFC
slapshot
11/26/08 4:09:09AM

Posted by warglory

Chuck Liddell and heavyweight #1 contender should not be uttered for a long time.

Sounds to me like you dont understand how shallow the fighter pool is a HW in the UFC. I think he can KO most of the HW's in the UFC and Id love to see him fight Cheick Kongo...
gsquat
11/26/08 10:01:11AM
Though still not great, its not as shallow as it used to be. Theres a new breed of bigger faster fighers now and you can expect to see them all at the top of the heap.