Liddell vs. Franklin? kinda makes sense

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Liddell vs. Franklin? kinda makes sense
Biggz
9/10/08 1:16:47AM
i think this would be a good fight but i also think it kind of makes sense. Franklin looked great at LHW but he needs at least one more win against a top 5-8 guy before we can start to see him in the mix for a run at the belt against the regular top LHWs (Wandy, Page, Machida, Evens, Silva.ect..) and Liddell for sure needs a win, but he can't win against some schmuck, and a win against Franklin i think would be a legit win, and say what you want but for Franklin a win against Liddell is also a legit win (Liddell is still a very tough opponent) so i think really it would be a smart decision to have them fight, a win for either person would definatly help that person get on track to make a run, maybe have the winner fight Machida, or Shogun, maybe the losser of Page vs. Wandy....
what do you think about it and who should the winner fight?
Mchubb316
9/10/08 1:25:04AM
I wouldnt mind seeing this fight. If Franklin wants to be a serious challenger at LHW, he would need to step up the level of competition. There are other guys who could qualify as a step up from Hamill other than Chuck. It is tough for me to see where he stands at this weight class until he fights some of those guys. Shogun, Soko, Wand, Jardine, and even a fight with Henderson would be a great test to see where Franklin is.
coldchillin
9/10/08 1:45:36AM
I've been saying this since UFC 88 ended... the fight would be huge money and PPV-buy wise. The fight makes perfect sense for both of them in their career right now as well... I think The Iceman takes it.
holt8081
9/10/08 1:47:27AM
awsome fight pick, I would love to see this happen
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/10/08 3:27:18AM
winner of rich vs chuck gets wand vs ramp winner or if they still do this fight, the thiago vs lyoto loser
Pookie
9/10/08 6:57:10AM
I get the reasons behind the fight, but its not a competitive match-up at all.
Liddell will beat Franklin if they fight 9/10 times.

Id rather do Franklin Vs. Shogun, Machida vs. T. Silva, Rampage v. Wanderlei, Rashad Vs. Forrest and let Chuck re-match Jardine, they are both coming off of losses. Thats basically the top ten right now all covered fighting each other, with sokoudjou being replaced by franklln.

Id even go for Machida v. Franklin 2... But Liddell just seems like overkill against Rich stylistically.

This is my favorite division by far
stock
9/10/08 9:29:44AM
I'd like to see Franklin fight the winner of Jardine/Vera.
I'd like to see Liddell fight Shogun Next.
Evans gets Griffin
I'd like to see Machida fight Jackson next.
I'd like to see Silva fight RTS next.
I'd like to see Hammill fight the winner of Alexander/Schafer
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/10/08 12:18:01PM

Posted by stock

I'd like to see Franklin fight the winner of Jardine/Vera.
I'd like to see Liddell fight Shogun Next.
Evans gets Griffin
I'd like to see Machida fight Jackson next.
I'd like to see Silva fight RTS next.
I'd like to see Hammill fight the winner of Alexander/Schafer

i'd like stock to take joe silva's job for a week
gsquat
9/10/08 12:20:23PM
I'm probably being retarded, but I can't figure out who RTS is. I just keep thinking of Ritz crackers.
stock
9/10/08 3:54:13PM

Posted by gsquat

I'm probably being retarded, but I can't figure out who RTS is. I just keep thinking of Ritz crackers.

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
loonytnt
9/11/08 1:07:04PM
well im sry to say but imo chucks time is almost up, i dont wanna see this
coldchillin
9/11/08 1:16:51PM

Posted by loonytnt

well im sry to say but imo chucks time is almost up, i dont wanna see this

He's more than capable of still beating a guy like Rich Franklin. I think the fight would be highly competitive though and an absolute slug fest for however long it lasted.
bls1919
9/11/08 8:12:33PM
Former champ vs former champ. WOW Could be the Coheadliner for the HW unification fight. Makes good sense for both fighters. Make or break for Chuck and Franklin moves up after beating a former dominant champ.............or loses to Chuck Liddell.