Liddell Fires Back At Kimbo

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Liddell Fires Back At Kimbo
DCRage
4/28/08 2:43:49PM
Today marked round 3 of the Chuck Liddell-Kimbo Slice war of words, with Liddell firing the latest rounds. Liddell mainly criticized two of Kimbo's prior opponents-police officer Sean Gannon and fighter Bo cantrell.

Article
DCRage
4/28/08 2:45:02PM
And Chuck might've bumped Buenetello out of my sig with this line from the article: "He's an Internet sensation who beat up guys at Taco Bell. Come on. How hard is that to do?"
(After you eat as much Taco Bell as I do in a typical visit, not that hard)
Twenty20Dollars
4/28/08 2:52:14PM
Thank You Liddell hopefully people will now not believe the hype behind kimbo. I mean he fights a guy that is 10-10 and then tank with a loosing record. Can't wait till Kimbo looses!
Aaronno9
4/28/08 2:58:26PM
Liddell doesn't even need to reply to kimbo, they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence at this point. If kimbo gets a fight with chuck any time soon ill be pretty pissed off becouse he completely doesn't deserve it.
stock
4/28/08 3:12:15PM
Isn't Kimbo too fat for Liddell's weight class?

Shouldn't he be calling out a heavyweight?
Jackelope
4/28/08 3:18:15PM
This war of words sounds like it is really heating up. I honestly could see the powers that be making this happen. I don't think Chuck would have any problem fighting at heavyweight considering he cuts to make 205. Kimbo aint fat, though.. the dude is pretty ripped, actually.

All that being said I go with a Liddell KO in the first
chubbud22
4/28/08 4:18:19PM
Get em Chuck
iwannabesedated
4/28/08 4:36:01PM
Chuck shouldnt even waste his time with Kimbo.Kimbo is nowhere near chuck when it comes to MMA credentials Kimbo has 3 joke fights.Kimbo should be focusing on James Thompson not Chuck or any other fighter that isnt in EXC or even in the same weight class.Although id love to see the fight but Kimbo doesnt even deserve a UFC contract let alone a fight with Chuck.Id love to see Kimbo Vs Brock though.I think Brock would maul him.
JimiMak
4/28/08 4:37:02PM
Chuck started it and has been way more disrespectful. That's pathetic. Cuz there's no chance this fight will happen. Chuck would make him look foolish.
Ben_Hutch
4/28/08 4:52:29PM
Nothing like a bit of internet banter!
SmileR
4/28/08 4:59:51PM

I kinda like watching Kimbo fight. He's exciting but if he keeps calling out Chuck he's going to find out just how much of a gap their is between a true great and a tough guy!

If you take the records out the way and just look at the styles Kimbo would still be on the ass end of a ass whoopin! He's a aggressive striker who likes to charge forward. Chucks a counter puncher!!! That fight would be more one sided than me an my 8 year old brother! An I beat the crap out of him every time i see him! Haha i'm a awesome big brother!

But that doesn't change the fact that Kimbo would get KO'd in the first round!
Lay_N_Pray
4/28/08 6:10:14PM
Also the fact Kimbo clearly relies on the juice for his power.

Someone seriously needs to drug test that dude. I am sure he works hard in the gym, but I am pretty sure he works with some needles too.

Either way, Liddell puts him to sleep
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/28/08 6:10:28PM
i got a buddy who wants to bet a bill on kimbo. PLEASE MMA GODS LET THIS FIGHT HAPPEN!
JimiMak
4/28/08 7:45:16PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Also the fact Kimbo clearly relies on the juice for his power.

Someone seriously needs to drug test that dude. I am sure he works hard in the gym, but I am pretty sure he works with some needles too.

Either way, Liddell puts him to sleep

**coughcoughFIGHTERBASHINGcoughcough**
Pookie
4/28/08 7:51:16PM

Posted by SmileR

I kinda like watching Kimbo fight. He's exciting but if he keeps calling out Chuck he's going to find out just how much of a gap their is between a true great and a tough guy!

I believe chuck called kimbo out.
crushedbacon
4/28/08 8:21:14PM
Hey i wish people would quit talking about this sack....... some of us actually want the sport of MMA to be credible. Chuck fighting this chump is the worst thing for MMA. Its basically suggesting if your getting into and winning street fights and have a marketable persona you can fight in the UFC. I can't wait till this sack fights somebody that is legit. By no means am I a Chuck fan, I respect what he's done for MMA over the years but never have been a real fan of his. However its disappointing to see a guy like him have to deal with this sideshow. Why doesn't this sport market its highly skilled athletes instead of its low skilled brawlers?
bls1919
4/28/08 9:00:38PM
I think Kimbo needs to be worrying about JT right now. i thought it was kind of shitty for chuck to bash kimbo for street fighting when he came up in underground bareknuckle fighting. I hope Kimbo puts the stomp on JT to shut some of the haters up
Sir_Karl
4/28/08 9:33:55PM
Eventually Kimbo will be put to the test...and we will see what he is made of and how well he is training.
The back and forth stuff is BS for sure.
After he knocks Thompson out in 30 seconds maybe they should throw Cabbage at him...not the vegetable....the fighter.
Cabbage would be a good test for him....Cabbage can throw bones...he has great power and a great chin.
Could be an exciting fight.
I am middle of the road when it comes to Kimbo...the "bashers" underestimate him and his fans overestimate him...but we really don't know yet...only time will tell.
jgtribbett
4/28/08 9:45:12PM
So Much Drama in the UFC .. its kinda hard being Snoop D-O- double G.
Kracker_Jap
4/28/08 10:36:08PM

Posted by JimiMak

Chuck started it and has been way more disrespectful. That's pathetic. Cuz there's no chance this fight will happen. Chuck would make him look foolish.

I agree...

Lets hope James Thompson leaves his glass chin at home and makes Kimbo look foolish
jae_1833
4/29/08 12:45:20AM
Sorry bro but there are some things that just can't be fixed...and a glass jaw is one of them. However JT could expose Kimbo's chin (if it's weak) he does have a lot of KO power!! Kimbo should have to fight Bigfoot Silva in his next bout if he wins against JT...what do you all think of that??
loonytnt
4/29/08 9:53:18AM
id LOVE to see chuck ko kimbo
mrsmiley
4/29/08 10:41:26AM

Posted by jae_1833

Sorry bro but there are some things that just can't be fixed...and a glass jaw is one of them. However JT could expose Kimbo's chin (if it's weak) he does have a lot of KO power!! Kimbo should have to fight Bigfoot Silva in his next bout if he wins against JT...what do you all think of that??

Yeah i've been saying that for a while now.I think if kimbo could pull off a victory over Antonio Silva,he would begin to receive more credibility from fans and critics alike.In the Elite XC heavy-weight division,Antonio Silva seems to be the fairest match commercialy,and competivley for Kimbo.
hodge
4/29/08 4:53:09PM
Isnt it sad that the first MMA event to be on US network tv is headlined by the biggest chump in MMA being fed yet another win.
JimiMak
4/29/08 9:02:57PM
There is no feeding of a win here. JT is gonna g'n'p Kimbo's ass back to the street. I respect Kimbo and his honest attempt to become a legit MMA guy, but Thompson is gonna KILL him.
throwmeahotone
4/29/08 10:57:44PM
kimbo is just a baby back bitch dont get wrong he is good where he is at he doesnt wnat or need any upper level competition right now or he will get his ass striped
MaxOne
5/31/08 5:18:36PM

Posted by stock

Isn't Kimbo too fat for Liddell's weight class?

Shouldn't he be calling out a heavyweight?

Kimbo isn't even slightly fat. Dude is ripped....yes he's to heavy to make 205. chuck would have to go up if this was ever to happen. I highly doubt it will ever happen.
MaxOne
5/31/08 5:49:24PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

Eventually Kimbo will be put to the test...and we will see what he is made of and how well he is training.
The back and forth stuff is BS for sure.
After he knocks Thompson out in 30 seconds maybe they should throw Cabbage at him...not the vegetable....the fighter.
Cabbage would be a good test for him....Cabbage can throw bones...he has great power and a great chin.
Could be an exciting fight.
I am middle of the road when it comes to Kimbo...the "bashers" underestimate him and his fans overestimate him...but we really don't know yet...only time will tell.

exactly,
at some point we will see what kimbo can do....dissing him is retarded. It isn't his fault he's easy to market.
GrandMaster313
6/1/08 3:11:42AM
liddell could sneeze and KO Kimbo Big mistake to wanna take on a top 10 fighter after tonights performance !