Liddell Vs. Evans Scrapped!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Liddell Vs. Evans Scrapped!
ToeZup
4/21/08 4:41:54PM
Looks like the Chuck Liddell Rashad Evans fight is scrapped.
Here is the article from mmania.

http://mmamania.com/2008/04/21/report-chuck-liddell-vs-rashad-evans-ufc-85-fight-scrapped/

Former light heavyweight champion, Chuck Liddell, has been forced to withdraw from his upcoming main event fight against Rashad Evans at UFC 85 in London, England, on June 7 because of an injury sustained during training, according to MMARated.com.

Here’s a snip:

“No word on the extent of the injury and how long he will be out but plans are for both men to face each other later in the summer.”

“Iceman” was originally scheduled to duke it out with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua at the O2 Arena; however, an injury to the Brazilian sidelined him and “Sugar” stepped in.

More on this breaking news in a bit.
DLPark91TH
4/21/08 4:52:35PM
Wow that's messed up, Liddell would've won IMO anyways but still, a good LHW contender fight gone...
Violence108
4/21/08 4:53:33PM
thats good for Evans lol
loonytnt
4/21/08 4:53:43PM
evans vs matt hamill?
ToeZup
4/21/08 4:54:29PM
I wonder who they are going to put in Chucks place?
woodmo
4/21/08 4:54:32PM
Tim Boetch!
Kpro
4/21/08 4:59:31PM
The match is delayed not scrapped, per the article.

So they will put no one in his place to face Evans.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/21/08 5:10:32PM

Posted by Violence108

thats good for Evans lol

so true
bigchum
4/21/08 5:15:05PM
Its a good thing because that would of been a boring fight
tberg420
4/21/08 5:27:29PM
So what would be the Main Event and selling point of this card on Pay Per View? Vera vs Werdum? Swick vs Davis? I can see this card going to SPIKE TV. It's also funny that if this is true how Chuck didn't want to fight overseas to begin with and now he's injured. Maybe this fight will take place on the August card in Minnesota.
SociopathX
4/21/08 5:39:45PM
That is very depressing to hear.... I was so looking for ward to the Ice Man beating up the big joke Evans.
Bowen50
4/21/08 5:40:47PM
i'm saying they put Huerta Vs. Florian on that card
Mchubb316
4/21/08 6:37:28PM
This fight card just took a big hit. I don't think that it was a very strong card to begin with but, with Chuck out this card has average at best written all over it. Don't get me wrong I will still watch and look forward to the fighters putting on a good show. Hopefully the UFC will put a fight together to strengthen this card.

werdum vs vera
marquardt vs leites
davis vs swick
kampmann vs rivera
chonan vs carneiro
tavares vs wiman
arthur cane vs lambert
liaudin vs taylor
wain vs hardonk
prozacnation1978
4/21/08 7:09:36PM
it will be moved watch, if they can wait till sept or so it could be shogun vs chuck,
but they should add a fight, maybe diego vs luigi anyone??

which they might have just done by annoucing the tanner vs grove match as main event for tuf finale now. but i would be shocked if the ufc still makes this a pay per view event. have werdum vs vera main, and swick vs davis co main event.

sorry england!!!!!!!!
Ordep
4/21/08 7:23:01PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg!!!!!

SEE! they should have left Thiago-Rashad
NinjaCyborg
4/21/08 9:51:56PM

Posted by woodmo

Tim Boetch!

Yeah!! Tim Boetsch will take any fight at 24 hours notcice! Sweet.
GSPCanada
4/21/08 10:46:30PM
They shouldn't postpone it they should just find someone else maybe put thiago back in there and then shogun n chuck can figth depending on the severity and then the winners of those could have a #1 contender match
keith-hackney1
4/22/08 11:31:26AM

Posted by loonytnt

evans vs matt hamill?

thats the fight it should be, hamill would maul rashad. James irvin no where near deserves that fight !!!

keith-hackney1
4/22/08 11:33:05AM

Posted by Kpro

The match is delayed not scrapped, per the article.

So they will put no one in his place to face Evans.

Suposebly according to sherdog on their news page today, james irvin is stepping in .....
sonicsmokesweed
4/22/08 12:25:35PM
I was the only one that was routing for Rashad in this one. Now i dont get to see the fight i was looking forward to see Rashad make a statement in.
woodmo
4/23/08 11:02:59AM

Posted by sonicsmokesweed

I was the only one that was routing for Rashad in this one. Now i dont get to see the fight i was looking forward to see Rashad make a statement in.

Especially if his statement was, "That mofo just knocked me back to Michigan State!"

tomsmith17381
4/23/08 5:34:19PM
this ard now needs a big name fighter. my freinds and have tickets for this event and we will feel cheated if we dont get at least 1 big name fighter added to the cad. it was a poor card to begin with now chucks gone im distraut, we need either huerta, silva, bisping, or hughes anyone else and i will be disapointed. giving me 13 fights doesnt make up for it id soone see 6 good matchups than 13 shit ones. i do have faith in dana to sort this though but please NO TIM SYLVIA!!!!!!!!!