Liddell: 'Evans knows Jones isn't invincible'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Liddell: 'Evans knows Jones isn't invincible'
prophecy033
4/19/12 12:44:12AM
Chuck Liddell has ridiculed the odds-makers who have made Rashad Evans a huge underdog against Jon Jones at UFC 145, insisting there is one massively important factor at play this weekend: The challenger knows the champion is not invincible.

Jones puts the UFC light-heavyweight title on the line on April 21, and only the boldest punter is rushing to back against him. The champ has never been beaten, other than a sole disqualification in the act of winning.

Evans, however, rarely makes a habit of losing either. Only Lyoto Machida has defeated him, and the No. 1 contender has the advantage of having previously trained with Jones.

Liddell, the former 205lb champion, does not buy into the suggestion that either man knows what the other will do as a result of their history together. However, he is convinced it will stop Evans taking any fear into the Octagon, as the likes of Rampage Jackson and Lyoto Machida may have done.

Link
TeamDEY
4/19/12 11:02:11AM
I absolutely agree with ol' Chucky.
scoozna
4/19/12 11:31:18AM
Saying he's not invincible should be considered stating the obvious to everyone.
airkerma
4/19/12 12:51:08PM
Food for thought Chucky and Evans...

Don't sleep on Jones striking power
hashyandy4
4/19/12 12:52:03PM
I agree with the Chuck
cowcatcher
4/19/12 1:09:27PM

Posted by airkerma

Clearly that was some dirty hippie pulled in off the street.
airkerma
4/19/12 1:21:33PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by airkerma

I would go as far to say that it was the break dance fighter from Zoolander
machodog76
4/19/12 1:21:56PM
I think at least on a technical level Evans is on a different level than Jones when it comes to striking. What I see Jones doing well is using his reach and creativity combined with a fearless mentality that allows try things most guys would only try in practice. I think this fight is won largely in the mind. Who is in the other guys head more? I'll take the obvious pick, Jones 2nd round TKO.
prophecy033
4/19/12 1:26:09PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by airkerma

sure as hell looks like it
Chael_Sonnen
4/19/12 2:44:53PM
Was Charles drinking again
machodog76
4/19/12 3:22:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Was Charles drinking again

Purple Drank?
bjj1605
4/19/12 7:25:08PM

Posted by scoozna

Saying he's not invincible should be considered stating the obvious to everyone.

On a practical level, everyone knows that.

What Chuck is saying is that Evans knows it "deep down." He's seen him in the gym. Its a mental thing.

You probably know that Jones isn't invincible. But if you were standing before him in the Octagon with the LHW World Title on the line, you might very well feel as though he were an immortal. The same can be said of many fighters.

Not Evans. He's fighting the man, not the myth.