do you think liddell....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » do you think liddell....
papercut
4/4/07 8:03:39AM
from what I hear liddell will be fighting in may against rampage and I was wondering do any of you think chuck will keep his title or lose it to rampage
xchickox
4/4/07 8:20:51AM
i think chuck will take it by ko in the first round, i just think he's gonna be too dominant for rampage
pv3Hpv3p
4/4/07 10:39:42AM
Page by GnP... 3rd round
Rich78
4/4/07 10:54:16AM
I think it'll be a close match, but I hope Chuck wins, just looking forward to the hypothetical UFC v Pride tournament, and I'd rather see Chuck fight someone from Pride than Rampage as he's fought most of them already. That said they don't have to be champions to fight each other, and that is way off and not confirmed in any way; so in contradicting myself entirely, I just hope it's a good fight
mkiv9secsupra
4/4/07 2:45:01PM

Posted by Rich78

I think it'll be a close match, but I hope Chuck wins, just looking forward to the hypothetical UFC v Pride tournament, and I'd rather see Chuck fight someone from Pride than Rampage as he's fought most of them already.

you have a point....if they put him up against Shogun or Silva again we know how that'll end... but dana also said it would be another year before we see PRIDE vs UFC fights so i dont think rampage would still be champ then anyways...
Trapt1nw0nder
4/4/07 7:36:49PM
Rampage....4th Round GnP stoppage....or 5th Round.....or a Unanimous Decision....or Split...or 1st round KO...or 2nd...or even a 3rd....yea..

in other words....Rampage wins!...if Rampage takes the belt i dont see him holding it for more than 1-2 defenses though..
chentay2112
4/4/07 9:18:01PM
i'm going for CHUCK by KO i think his striking is awesome at the moment
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/5/07 12:53:02AM

Posted by chentay2112

IMO Chuck is a great champ and has more than a 50 % of KO'ing Rampage, but it would be nice to shake up the lhw div in the UFC
pv3Hpv3p
4/5/07 1:10:18AM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by chentay2112

IMO Chuck is a great champ and has more than a 50 % of KO'ing Rampage, but it would be nice to shake up the lhw div in the UFC

Exactly what I think... It would add so many different angles to UFC's LHW picture...

That and I hope if Chuck does lose that he'll move up to heavy and fight CC, and maybe even some of the big guys from Pride
chentay2112
4/5/07 12:33:30PM
your right the LHW does neeed a bit of a shake up but dont you think that if CHUCK wins he could decide that he has nothing to prove at LHW and make the step up to HW???
1. i dont think CHUCK would want to be remembered as losing the LHW belt then leaving that division, some people would call him a coward for not facing jackson a third time.

2. if he moves up to HW as the undisputed LHW champion then surely he would be able to negotiate bigger/better contracts for himself to fight the top fighters like CROCOP and FEDOR

question: is it actually a rule in the ufc that fighters can only fight each a maximum of three times or is it just something that the ufc does to keep the the sport fresh??

for example if RANDY were to beat CROCOP and CHUCK stepped up to HW would he get a shot at the title while RANDY was champion???
pv3Hpv3p
4/5/07 1:24:03PM

Posted by chentay2112

your right the LHW does neeed a bit of a shake up but dont you think that if CHUCK wins he could decide that he has nothing to prove at LHW and make the step up to HW???
1. i dont think CHUCK would want to be remembered as losing the LHW belt then leaving that division, some people would call him a coward for not facing jackson a third time.

2. if he moves up to HW as the undisputed LHW champion then surely he would be able to negotiate bigger/better contracts for himself to fight the top fighters like CROCOP and FEDOR

question: is it actually a rule in the ufc that fighters can only fight each a maximum of three times or is it just something that the ufc does to keep the the sport fresh??

for example if RANDY were to beat CROCOP and CHUCK stepped up to HW would he get a shot at the title while RANDY was champion???

I think Chuck will be remembered as one of if not the most dominant LHW champ in the UFC win or lose the rampage fight... I don't know about a rematch if he loses to Page because Chuck would already be 0-2 gainst him...

I don't think that there is an actaul rule stopping fighters from going beyond the rubber match, but it seems to be how a lot of fueds in combat sports are decided... It's the whole best out of 3 thing...

I hope Chuck doesn't fight Randy again... IMO Lidell is the Natural's kryptonite
hathcock32
4/5/07 2:05:03PM
Rampage is in deep shit for this fight....IMO.
papercut
4/5/07 4:00:09PM

Posted by hathcock32

Rampage is in deep shit for this fight....IMO.

especially if he tries to stand up with chuck
bayonetxwork
4/5/07 5:35:15PM
Rampages stand up is fine. He would be fine on his feet for the most part, and could probably land a good deal of shots on Liddell. The part where Liddell always rises above his opponent is when they just start scrapping. If Rampage sticks to his technique, and covers up well(like he normally does), I don't see how he could lose. Rampage by boring decision.
mkiv9secsupra
4/5/07 5:53:10PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Rampages stand up is fine. He would be fine on his feet for the most part, and could probably land a good deal of shots on Liddell. The part where Liddell always rises above his opponent is when they just start scrapping. If Rampage sticks to his technique, and covers up well(like he normally does), I don't see how he could lose. Rampage by boring decision.

thats exactly what im saying....rampages stand up is fine......NOT GREAT.... and Liddell rises above the rest by being extremely smart. he wont punch himself out, or just let someone take him down with poor footwork. Which by the way jacksons footwork looks horrible to me...he steps straight back when trying avoid punches. thats not something to do against a striker like liddell...LIDDELL WILL NEVER GO TO A DECISION....Either its a ko for his opponent or him....and didnt ortiz cover up realllllllly good too? look how that turned out
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/5/07 8:28:32PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Chuck is really good at getting people to fight his fight. And when they don't fight his style he loses.(Randy!!!!!!!!!!!)

I really think Chuck is on fire right now and its gonna take a lot for rampage to beat him
Winslow
4/6/07 12:09:36AM
chuck liddell is a way better fighter then when he first fought rampage. so ya rampage is going to get his ass handed to him.
papercut
4/6/07 12:17:46PM

Posted by Winslow

chuck liddell is a way better fighter then when he first fought rampage. so ya rampage is going to get his ass handed to him.

thats what I'm hoping for
iwannabesedated
4/8/07 8:04:25PM
Posted by bayonetxwork

I dont really think Rampage has good standup...i guees you guys havent seen the beating Wanderlei gave him twice and the beating Shogun gave him.The Problem with people who fight chuck is they seem to fight his fight by standing up..If your a wrestler or a BJJ guy obviously you should want to take Liddell down which isnt very easy...If rampage wants to win he'd better hope he can take Liddell down cause On feet chuck is arguably the best...
Northrend
4/8/07 8:53:58PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by bayonetxwork

I dont really think Rampage has good standup...i guees you guys havent seen the beating Wanderlei gave him twice and the beating Shogun gave him.The Problem with people who fight chuck is they seem to fight his fight by standing up..If your a wrestler or a BJJ guy obviously you should want to take Liddell down which isnt very easy...If rampage wants to win he'd better hope he can take Liddell down cause On feet chuck is arguably the best...

All the guys at Chuteboxe have different standup then Chuck. I think Rampage takes this the same way he did in 2003, and i'll bet some $$$ on it.
iwannabesedated
4/8/07 9:13:25PM
make sure u send me that wager