What was up with Liddell????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What was up with Liddell????
mrsmiley
12/29/08 12:36:46PM
Anyone else notice how dissapointed he seemed after Rampage KO'd Wandy?
I wonder why?
Did he have money on the fight,or possibly seeing how Rampage took him easily might have made Liddell think of were he,himself stands in the division?
JimiMak
12/29/08 12:47:07PM
He barely dec'd Wandy. If Wandy had ko'd Quinton it woulda put him in better position than that ko.
Ordep
12/29/08 12:49:42PM
I remember not so long ago when they promoted Liddell-Jackson 2 they used Chuck's revenge over Randy, and Horn ans that "now" was his chance to claim revenge over Jackson.... after that you must add Jardine and Evans now.

The thing is that in recent interviews he stated that the rematch he would like the most was against Rampage, and I think the only way to get it was Rampage losing to Wandy, now it is less likely to happen.

That's my guess.
wiggum
12/29/08 12:51:17PM
yeah, not sure what was up with that....my guesses is that it kinda showed him were he sits these days, but at the same time a fighter nows that styles make matchups not mma math......but also maybe he wanted a 3rd crack at quentin ...cuz im guessing he's getting the loser of that fight (silva obviously) but since he already beat him, he probably wants revenge on rampage.....or maybe he's a got a soft heart for silva since they were the two top dawgs for so long and has a measure of respect for him...?....but im guessin its the revenge thing
Wolfenstein
12/29/08 12:57:49PM
Chuck does not look pleased...

SpiderSilva
12/29/08 1:00:25PM
he was having Rocky flashbacks you know like in Rocky 5 when he sees Draco

anyway he knows that the end is closer
bojangalz
12/29/08 2:12:41PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Rocky 5

Never heard of it.
higdon10
12/29/08 2:24:33PM
I figured that he was upset with the extra punches Rampage put on Wand's limp body
Aaronno9
12/29/08 2:27:15PM
I figured it was becouse if wandy had won hed be on his way to a title shot and chuck could have another pop at Rampage....
Franklinfan47
12/29/08 2:33:40PM
I honestly think he was just texting someone guys.
JackHammerXXX
12/29/08 5:16:23PM
Yeah, initially, I thought "Damn, he look just like Me..." And yeah it does look like he might be getting to the texting, but he looked disappointed, like his buddy just got beat down, unfortunately by the same dude that beat him down, twice.
All in all, it prob. did ruin his chances, anytime soon, at fighting Quinton again.
big_timmy
12/29/08 6:21:21PM
It'd be a strange feeling knowing that your on your way out....

Chuck won a war against Wandy, and here Rampage is just knocking him clean out. Chuck would have seen what WAndy did to Jardine and thought he got away with a good win, but then seeing that Wandy isnt the top guy anymore...

It's like pulling a hot chick, and thinking your awesome, until you found out your mate and all his mates nailed her too. All of a sudden you dont feel like such a pimp anymore.
dannyfrank
12/29/08 6:25:35PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by SpiderSilva

Rocky 5

Never heard of it.

thats because its called "rocky balboa"
prozacnation1978
12/29/08 10:39:09PM
he did look upset
him and wandy are not on top anymore
i still love to watch lidell fight though i wanna see him knock some one out stiff it has been over two years since he had a ko
GSPCanada
12/30/08 12:13:09AM

Posted by big_timmy

It'd be a strange feeling knowing that your on your way out....

Chuck won a war against Wandy, and here Rampage is just knocking him clean out. Chuck would have seen what WAndy did to Jardine and thought he got away with a good win, but then seeing that Wandy isnt the top guy anymore...

It's like pulling a hot chick, and thinking your awesome, until you found out your mate and all his mates nailed her too. All of a sudden you dont feel like such a pimp anymore.

the best analogy I ever heard...ever I say.

I thik mybe Quinton said something to him before the fight because all though I couldnt tell for sure Rogan and Goldberg said something about Rampage pointing at Chuck, and yeah he could have been texting or something but still didnt seem happy or excited normally if ur mutual u atleast jump out of ur seat
Tank5000
12/30/08 11:36:12AM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by SpiderSilva

Rocky 5

Never heard of it.

thats because its called "rocky balboa"

No, Rocky Balboa is the sixth movie.

Rocky V came out in 1990.
"Reluctantly retired from boxing and back from riches to rags, Rocky takes on a new protege who betrays him; As the champ's son must adjust to his family's new life after bankruptcy."
bls1919
12/30/08 6:42:15PM

Posted by Ordep

I remember not so long ago when they promoted Liddell-Jackson 2 they used Chuck's revenge over Randy, and Horn ans that "now" was his chance to claim revenge over Jackson.... after that you must add Jardine and Evans now.

The thing is that in recent interviews he stated that the rematch he would like the most was against Rampage, and I think the only way to get it was Rampage losing to Wandy, now it is less likely to happen.

That's my guess.