LHW Title Shot

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » LHW Title Shot
Next Page »
mrkennedy
4/9/08 1:55:07PM
Who gets the next title shot and why
chubbud22
4/9/08 1:57:51PM
Man there has been way to many threads about this.
hodge
4/9/08 1:58:47PM
i think if Machida beats Tito he definatly deserves the next shot.

P.S does anyone know were lil nog is fighting
seanfu
4/9/08 2:17:14PM
Lyoto definantly if he beats Tito, I think Rashad has more than earned his shot.
If he beats Chuck you know he'll be the next shot after that.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/9/08 2:18:36PM

Posted by hodge

i think if Machida beats Tito he definatly deserves the next shot.

P.S does anyone know were lil nog is fighting

i agree bout machida being first in line

last i heard lil nog was with hcf & ive never heard anything say he left or hcf disbanded.

not saying its correct, just saying thats the last thing ive heard from it. i would like to know as well
MartinKillMcGill
4/9/08 2:20:44PM
I agree that if Machida beats Tito he deserves a shot but if both forrest and chuck win there next fight i dont see the ufc passing up on the chance of finally making this fight happen.
JBatch
4/9/08 2:29:20PM
The way I see the division right now is like this.

Rampage
Griffin
Machida
Jardine
Chuck

Therefore I believe that Machida earns the shot if he wins but if he loses and Jardine wins he has clearly earned his shot.

I kin of agree with KillMcGill tho and if the UFC can legitimately put Chuck vs. Forrest together for a belt and potentially the biggest PPV draw in UFC history they will do it.
ocho-cinco
4/9/08 2:33:44PM
If Jardine beats Wanderlie then it's gotta be his turn. Then he would have beaten Chuck and Wanderlei back to back, plus a win over Griffen. I know he lost to Houston Alexander, but seriously thoes other three are some of the biggest names ever in the sport. If Machida beats Tito he deserves a shot too, but I just don't think beating Nakamura, Sokoudjou, and Tito is on the same level as Liddell, Griffen and Silva. Now with that said, I think Machida has a much better chance of beating Tito then Jardine has of beating "The Axe Murderer." But if they both win there upcoming fights, then I feel Jardine has earned his title shot first.
gsquat
4/9/08 3:19:43PM
Could be Jardine if he beats Wandy (He won't)

Could be Machida if he beats Tito (He will)

Or the winner of Rashad vs Liddell (Rashad... obviously)

This division is going to be entertaining for quite some time.
Jackelope
4/9/08 3:36:40PM
If Forrest wins I definitely think they will try to market Forrest vs. Liddell if Liddell beats Rashad.

If Rampage wins I think they will try to put Machida in there, or Jardine if he beats Wanderlei and Machida loses to Tito.
keith-hackney1
4/9/08 3:44:36PM
I think a win for machida over ortiz is justice for a title shot, but i would wanna see machida vs chuck before he has his title shot !! .. man, that would be some fight !!!
tylerlee123
4/9/08 3:46:16PM
If Machida and Jardine can win thier fights they will probaly fight each other for a shot at the title
Ordep
4/9/08 3:48:30PM

Posted by gsquat

Rashad?
with a draw a.k.a. loss (grab the fence!!)
a split against Bisping
and probably a lackluster boring split against Liddell
excuse me but that doesn't make anyone a top contender

next title shot should be for Ross Pointon
LuketheDuke
4/9/08 3:50:08PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

I think a win for machida over ortiz is justice for a title shot, but i would wanna see machida vs chuck before he has his title shot !! .. man, that would be some fight !!!

This fight would be super technical. Unfortunatly they are both counter punchers and it could end up like Arlovski-Sylvia III. Although I think that Liddel and Machida would fight to win, as opposed to fighting not to lose. Would love to see this fight happen.

As far as next shot goes, either Jardine, or Machida as posted above.
billycarnage
4/9/08 4:48:45PM
I like the argument for Jardine however, I think he would lose to Rampage in devestating fashion so only if his shot is against Griffin but then Liddell would be the bigger draw.
If Rampage is still the champ then the toughest contender for him would in fact be Lyoto Machida and that is what I would want to see.
I have a feeling that the UFC is going to get Wandy in there against Page sooner or later because of their history but unless he earns it I don't care much to see it.
gsquat
4/9/08 5:39:49PM

Posted by Ordep

Rashad?
a split against Bisping

Or you could say several wins with no losses. Someone started a thread about what to call people like you (the opposite of a nut-hugger). Rashad IS, factually, a top LHW whether you say so or not. So deal.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/10/08 4:03:57AM
Heres a better question. What if Jardine, Lyoto, and Rashad all lose?

Liddel would need one more fight in order to get a rematch.
Silva would also need one more fight in order to justify a shot (even though this is the fight Quinton wants)
Tito is leaving afterwards.
Lyoto, Rashad, and Machida would all be coming off losses.
Rua and Soko are nowhere near close.

I think if Forrest wins it will be an immediate rematch. If Quinton wins...he chills for awhile.
Pookie
4/10/08 4:32:48AM

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

Silva would also need one more fight in order to justify a shot (even though this is the fight Quinton wants)

I think if Forrest wins it will be an immediate rematch. If Quinton wins...he chills for awhile.

in this scenario they will give the nod to chuck if forrest or quinton wins.

Forrest vs. Liddell = Biggest draw in ufc history

Liddell vs. Jackson 3 = A futile effort that alot of people are still convinced wont go down like the first 2
WhiteWidow
4/10/08 4:49:13AM
Machida after he manhandles Tito making him look amatuer, i cant wait til the crowd is cheering for Tito and he is introduced last when he is clearly the underdog and gets embarressed, i love when crowd favorites lose especially blind crowd favorites... like most Hughes and Liddell huggers
sinister_16
4/10/08 9:07:12AM
Machida will defineately get it if he wins but i hope tito wins and then chuck whens his fight and when they fight each other and tito becomes champion when he fights rampage or forrest then chuck fights tito for the title and chuck is once again champion
casey64
4/10/08 9:18:24AM
Machida vs. Ortiz= Machida

Machida is first in line no doubt then if Evans beats Liddell Evans is next.
gsquat
4/10/08 10:18:39AM

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

I think Dana would give Chuck a shot after he beat Rashad. That is two big wins (Wandy, and Rashad), even having lost to Jardine. I think Wandy would need 3 wins to get his title shot. He's on a 3 fight skid.
stock
4/10/08 1:16:26PM
I would list it in this order (one of these 5 would almost have to happen so no need to farther).

1. Jardine (if he beats Silva) or,
2. Machida (if he beats Tito) or,
3. Rashad (if he beats Chuck) or,
4. Chuck (if he beats Rashad) or,
5. Silva (if he beats Jardine, and the Chuck/Rashad fight doesn't happen)
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/11/08 1:31:05AM

Posted by stock

I would list it in this order (one of these 5 would almost have to happen so no need to farther).

Why would Rashad/Chuck not happen.

You know what, i take everything Tito says with a garin of salt. If he loses then yes, I am incline dto believe he leaves the UFC. If he wins however (which he might) I think the UFC will offer him a mad contract.

If Tito resigns, then Rashad aint getting a title shot rather he wins or loses...he'll be rematching Tito, and the winner of that will get the title shot. I can also garentee that if this happens Rashad would have to finish the fight to win, because Tito/Jackson = BIGGEST PPV EVER well Forrest/Chuck would be a close second.
NatedawgThaM
4/11/08 1:43:50AM

Posted by stock

except reverse two and three. Rashad has beaten better light heavyweights then Machida has. Like it or not...

Pookie
4/11/08 2:40:07AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by stock

except reverse two and three. Rashad has beaten better light heavyweights then Machida has. Like it or not...

Both of their competition has been iffy...

Evans top 6 fights
Tito Ortiz Draw
Bisbing SD
Lambert Tko rnd 2
Salmon Ko Rnd 3
Bonnar Majority Decision
Sam Hoger SD

Machida's top 6 fights
Sokoudjou Sub Rnd 2
Nakamura UD
Stephan Bonnar TKO Rnd 1
Rich Franklin (was at 205) TKO Rnd 2
Sam Hoger UD
Vernon White UD

In 4 of rashad's 6 biggest fights there was at least one judge who thought he shouldn't have won.
Machida on the other hand has never even lost a round before, and i think they're competition is definitely comparable in skill.
NatedawgThaM
4/11/08 2:58:34AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by stock

Both of their competition has been iffy...

Evans top 6 fights
Tito Ortiz Draw
Bisbing SD
Lambert Tko rnd 2
Salmon Ko Rnd 3
Bonnar Majority Decision
Sam Hoger SD

Machida's top 6 fights
Sokoudjou Sub Rnd 2
Nakamura UD
Stephan Bonnar TKO Rnd 1
Rich Franklin (was at 205) TKO Rnd 2
Sam Hoger UD
Vernon White UD

In 4 of rashad's 6 biggest fights there was at least one judge who thought he shouldn't have won.
Machida on the other hand has never even lost a round before, and i think they're competition is definitely comparable in skill.

Yeah but Rashad has a HUGE advantage. All of those wins were in the UFC and he has biggest advantage in hype! The casual fan already knows who Rashad Evans is. The casual fan with Machida does not. He's maybe that guy you've seen win once or twice. Not to mention Rashad would be beating Liddell(An MMA god to some and the poster boy for the UFC from 03-07.

So if Jardine loses and Rashad wins, Rashad would be the easy choice in Dana Whites eyes because he'd still be undefeated and his bigger hype then Machida, it equals big bucks!
WhiteWidow
4/11/08 6:05:45AM
1) Jardine..... (if somehow he beats wandy p.s. not happening)
2) Machida...... (after he embarresses tito hes #1)
3) Evans.... (if he somehow beats liddell i guess he'd be #1 or 2 but not happening, besides hes been lackluster and needs improvment to be at quintons level)
4) Liddell.... (as much as it pains me to have to see liddell / jackson 3)
5) Thiago.... (i dont care what level of comp. hes beaten if he wins 2 more hes in the #2 spot 3 at the least)

Other Mentions:

Shogun (would need 2-3 wins to get in the title picture)
Hendo (would need 2-3 wins to get back in title picture)
Irvin (would need 3-4 with at least 2 of them being top 10s to get in title picture)
Gouveia (would need 3-4 with at least 2 of them being top 10s to get in title picture)
Wandy (would need 3-4 with at least 2 of them being top 10s to get in title picture)
Hamill (would need 3-4 with at least 2 of them being top 10s to get in title picture)
MFOTHER
4/11/08 11:15:05AM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by gsquat

Rashad?
a split against Bisping

exactly...i think rashad is overrated
SD over bisping
and that draw to tito (who has tito beat in the last years besides shamrock)
if jardine wins (dont think he will) it'll be liddell silva back to back and already beat forest.....
MFOTHER
4/11/08 11:17:58AM

Posted by WhiteWidow

1) Jardine..... (if somehow he beats wandy p.s. not happening)
2) Machida...... (after he embarresses tito hes #1)
3) Evans.... (if he somehow beats liddell i guess he'd be #1 or 2 but not happening, besides hes been lackluster and needs improvment to be at quintons level)
4) Liddell.... (as much as it pains me to have to see liddell / jackson 3)
5) Thiago.... (i dont care what level of comp. hes beaten if he wins 2 more hes in the #2 spot 3 at the least)

Other Mentions:

Shogun (would need 2-3 wins to get in the title picture)
Hendo (would need 2-3 wins to get back in title picture)
Irvin (would need 3-4 with at least 2 of them being top 10s to get in title picture)
Gouveia (would need 3-4 with at least 2 of them being top 10s to get in title picture)
Wandy (would need 3-4 with at least 2 of them being top 10s to get in title picture)
Hamill (would need 3-4 with at least 2 of them being top 10s to get in title picture)

i agree about thiago...i think he'd be a serious threat against any of the contenders people lsted......
i'd also like to see wilson gouveia get some god fghts and advance in the division
Pages: [1] 2