LHW Title Picture

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » LHW Title Picture
ohiostate1016
10/29/07 3:32:01PM
Champ: Rampage Jackson

Contenders: Rashad Evans, Michael Bisping, Forrest Griffin, Keith Jardine, Chuck Liddell, Wanderlei Silva, Lyoto Machida, Houston Alexander

So, here's what you do:

Evans and Bisping fight, winner gets title shot
Griffin and Jardine fight, winner faces Liddell/Silva
Liddell and Silva fight, winner faces Griffin/Jardine
Machida and Alexander fight, winner faces Shogun

Griffin/Jardine fights Liddell/Silva, winner gets winner of Shogun vs. Alexander/Machida
Shogun fights Machida/Alexander, winner gets Griffin/Jardine/Liddell/Silva

Here's a sort-of bracket:

Evans/Bisping
Rampage (c)

Griffin
Jardine

Liddell
Silva

Alexander
Machida

Shogun

Then, the next round

Griffin/Jardine
Liddell/Silva

Alexander/Machida
Shogun

Then, the next round

Griffin/Jardine/Liddell/Silva
Alexander/Machida/Shogun

And the "Finals"

Griffin/Jardine/Liddell/Silva/Alexander/Machida/Shogun
Rampage/Evans/Bisping

Sorry this is kinda confusing, but it's the best I could do w/ the type of board we have here.
kevietre
10/29/07 5:19:08PM
The winner of Evans vs. Bisping doesn't deserve a title shot.
ohiostate1016
10/29/07 5:28:50PM
Well, according to Dana White, they do. And he writes the checks.
thebestout
10/29/07 9:47:28PM
As lame as it seems the winner has to get the title shot. Who else would deserve one right now?
SpiderSilva
10/30/07 1:29:06AM
well if rashad does then so does Tito
aaa9erh8er
10/30/07 1:31:27AM
i dont hink bisping has fought anybody worthy of deservin to fight for the right of a title shot rashd really hasnt either he barly scraped by a ec-champ from years past ( nothen against tito) but i think jardine and griffen should have a rematch then that should fight for the title both of them just came out of hudge wins. then make alexander fight shogun for the next in line if shogun wins then he is a contender but this would be houstons first big test.
ohiostate1016
10/30/07 11:03:25AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

well if rashad does then so does Tito

Don't forget: Dana hates Tito. I'd be surprised if he ever gets another title shot.
thepunisher
10/30/07 11:10:44AM
do you really want to see Forrest Jardine 2
ohiostate1016
10/30/07 2:33:15PM

Posted by thepunisher

do you really want to see Forrest Jardine 2

Two guys who want to go out there and knock each other out? Please, no, don't make me watch it! (Get the sarcasm?)
jgtribbett
10/30/07 3:02:30PM
what? no henderson.. he'll be the majority of the ppl on that list
ohiostate1016
10/30/07 6:15:05PM

Posted by metal_mecca43

what? no henderson.. he'll be the majority of the ppl on that list

Popular belief is that Danny is moving to 185. Plus, he just lost to Rampage...
d_block07
10/30/07 9:35:29PM
it makes sense. it just sucks that we have to wait for bisping or rashad to fight rampage in order to see the real good matchups thouugh. but i guess thats just how it is. were living in a TUF world now, and its sad.
hook_tothe_body
10/31/07 1:06:10AM
I understand where you're going with this. And for the most part it makes a lot of sense. But why would you give Shogun a "bye" in the first round, over Griffin? Griffin just beat Shogun.
Lay_N_Pray
10/31/07 11:47:49AM
Not bad...good concept.

How does Tito deserve a shot if Rashad deserves a shot?

Tito didnt beat Evans and he is not undefeated like Evans. As much as we all know Evans isnt at the championship level, his wrestling is the best in the division, save Dan Henderson, and that alone could always get him an LnP victory.

Also a natural heavyweight so a big dude and Rampage wouldnt have his usual size advantage.

I say if he beats Bisping what the hell. The only way you are gonna learn and get better is if you are thrown into the fire, so he might as well get a shot at the title and see what happens
hathcock32
10/31/07 5:07:01PM
I think Hamill is the best wrestler in the LHW division.
Lay_N_Pray
10/31/07 5:54:54PM
Hamill is very good...I would say it is close. I would say Henderson tops the list at this point, and Hamill and Evans are nipping at his heels.

In a series of pure wrestling matches Hamill and Evans would probably go 4-6 against Henderson...so it is very close.
MondayNiteMauser
11/1/07 4:13:22PM
You can say Bisping or Rashad don't deserve it but who really deserves it more...All these pride fans just won't shut the hell up till shogun gets his shot against Rampage again. Let's be real Forrest caught Rua at about 70 percent even still this expert jiu-jitsu pound for pound best just got put to sleep by someone who is maybe a b+, a- fighter at best. Let's just face it UFC has better fighters than pride ever had and if anyone deserves a shot at Rampage its the man FORREST GRIFFIN!!!! the sport wants it the fans want it so lets do it.
quezocrema0032
11/2/07 11:09:11PM
GIVE IT TO FORREST !!!!!!
ALL YOU PRIDE GUYS WERE ALL TALKING SMACK OF HOW HES THE BEST IF HE IS THE BEST AND GRIFFIN BEAT HIM GIVE HIM RAMPAGE AND IF GRIFFIN DOESNT DESERVE IT JARDINE HAS TO BE IN THE MIX AND SO IS RASHAD AND TITO ... NOT BISPING OR ALEXANDER TILL THEY BEAT SOMEONE WORTHY AND IF SILVA BEATS LIDDELL HE SKY ROCKETS TO THE TOP CUZ HE HAS 2 WINS OVER RAMPAGE BUT YEA FORREST IS 1 THEN JARDINE THEN SILVA IF HE BEATS LIDDELL
SpiderSilva
11/3/07 12:42:10PM
yeah I ve been saying for a whaile that Wandi should be the next to get a shot unless he loses hell the way things are going he might but if he wins he is the clear #1