What I would do with the LHW picture yeah

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What I would do with the LHW picture yeah
PrinceofTranceGlobal
9/7/08 4:22:35PM
I was thinking Rashad and Lyoto should fight for clear number 1 contender status but that would leave Forrest on the shelf too long. And Rashad has deserved it, made a case for himself. BTW people who say Tito should have beat Rashad. That's a joke, I dont even think it should have been a draw. That fight was Rashad's all the way. If Tito is not constantly grabbing the fence, then Rashad has top control most of the fight, and is giving Tito his own medicine. Tito did nothing to even get a draw that fight. So you put

Rashad vs. Forrest

The only matchup that makes sense for Machida is to simply wait till Thiago Silva gets healthy and fight him. If Wandy was availible I would not say this, but hes not.

Then Rampage against Wandy makes sense. The winner will get a shot if Machida falters, if Machida wins, the winner of this needs to win another fight.

Shogun should not get a can, but should not get a tough tough fight right away. Treat this guy right, he was the clear number LHW in the world, felt pressure to fight Forrest injured and with many other distractions, he fought with a torn acl, lost a fight he wins healthy, then reinjures his knee, and is coming off a long layoff. He should fight Stepehen Bonnar or Tim Boetch. Then after that fight the Soko Cane winner.

Liddell and Franklin would sell a lot, and at this point in their career would be a perfect fight for each guy. A few years ago I would take Liddell in dominating fashion. But seeing as how Liddell either cant or refuses to alter his gameplan in any way I think Franklin is taking this. Whereas Liddell is stubborn, Franklin looks to be eager to learning new things. And this mostly would be a standup fight.

So then if Machida wins he gets a title shot against winner of Forrest/Rashad. If Liddell beats Franklin he rematches with Wandy no matter outcome of Wandy/Rampage fight. If Franklin wins, than Wandy/Rampage winner fights Vera if he beats Jardine. After Machida beats Thiago, he should fight the loser of the Soko Cane. So many possibilities for this weight class.
chickmagnet
9/7/08 4:57:48PM
I say Rashad replaces T. Silva in October to fight Machida for #1 contender. Cmon Rashad fans, if hes so good he should be able to prepare for that fight in 40 days. The UFC should do that then a fight for the title in December.

Machida will destroy Evans. All the taunting will be put to rest!!!!
haggiswashere
9/7/08 5:50:15PM
Machida would run away the whole time like always. When the dude finishes someone good in the ufc i will be very surprised. I want evans to fight for the title then winner of thiago silva and lyoto gets the next shot. If machida got to be champ i would be so pissed. it would be the most boring reign in history
JimiMak
9/7/08 5:54:20PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Machida would run away the whole time like always. When the dude finishes someone good in the ufc i will be very surprised. I want evans to fight for the title then winner of thiago silva and lyoto gets the next shot. If machida got to be champ i would be so pissed. it would be the most boring reign in history

That is far too ignorant to answer.

Machida should get the dec shot unfortunately it's Rashad.
jiujitsufreak74
9/7/08 5:57:05PM

Posted by haggiswashere

what did Rashad do for the whole first round...

anyway, let's not get into another Lyoto Machida argument because it tends to get very heated. oh, but i would like to point out that Machida subbed Soko in the second. Machida is the perfect counter fighter and he lands more shots the more you push him. if you sit back, he will sit back. if you want to see Machida finish a fight, put him in there with an aggressive fighter and he won't disappoint. for examples watch his fights with Soko, Michael McDonald, Rich Franklin and Stephan Bonner.
PrinceofTranceGlobal
9/7/08 6:08:50PM
Machida haters are probably the most unaware fans in MMA. I have never seen him run.
ziegler3334
9/7/08 6:22:57PM
Thats a tough question to answer. LHW is so deep and it just got more complicated with evans winning. its really close as to who deserves the shot. so whoever does (probly evans) just got a little lucky, but still deserving of the shot. machida will fight silva when hes ready. wandy, shogun, rampage, and probably bonnar will be paired up among themselves (my guess is wandy v rampage and shogun v bonnar). a good fight that makes sense is franklin v liddell. but i really doubt we'll see that as chucks next fight. he will get someone weaker (like a tim boetsch or someone equivilant) to get a win back, but maybe get rich in the future. all of that is assuming he doesnt hang it up sooner rather than later (which sadly might be his best bet.)
haggiswashere
9/7/08 6:30:49PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by haggiswashere

what did Rashad do for the whole first round...

anyway, let's not get into another Lyoto Machida argument because it tends to get very heated. oh, but i would like to point out that Machida subbed Soko in the second. Machida is the perfect counter fighter and he lands more shots the more you push him. if you sit back, he will sit back. if you want to see Machida finish a fight, put him in there with an aggressive fighter and he won't disappoint. for examples watch his fights with Soko, Michael McDonald, Rich Franklin and Stephan Bonner.

i'm just sayin nuthuggers is let him finish someone. Get pissed all you want and besides rich franklin is the only one i am impressed with on the list. Glover beat soko but he doesn't get a title shot. Rashad beat stephan bonnar more recently than machida. and uh michael mcdonalds record speaks for itself.
haggiswashere
9/7/08 6:32:06PM

Posted by PrinceofTranceGlobal

Machida haters are probably the most unaware fans in MMA. I have never seen him run.

i'm the most unaware says the dude with more losses than wins
haggiswashere
9/7/08 6:33:37PM
but like i said have him FINISH a contender and i will apologize to all of you.
Taylor8766
9/7/08 7:31:43PM
IMO the LHW picture is this:

Rashad vs. Forrest (Title)
Machida vs. Franklin (#1 contender)
Chuck vs. Thiago
Rampage vs. Shogun
Wanderlei vs. Soko
PrinceofTranceGlobal
9/7/08 8:39:13PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Weak sauce you bring up my record after the first event. Is that the best you got???? Seems to be. BTW, finishing Soko means a lot. And he did not decision Bonnar like Rashad. He destroyed him so thouroughly his own corner threw in the towel so Bonner would be able to walk out of there. And this was Machida's 2nd fight. He also ran through Rich Franklin like only Spider has done. And he was seconds away from being the first fighter in UFC HISTORY to ever put away TIto in round 1. Tito was seconds away from that happening. Your post was more off than hair on GSP's head.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/7/08 9:41:05PM
prince of trance you sound alot like mojoy.

anyways i would do machida vs evans for number one contender. wandy vs page , shogun vs bonnar , thiago silva vs rich franklin.
jgtribbett
9/7/08 11:14:54PM
i am excited to see rashad and machida as much as the next guy.. but i dont want to see machida wait another 3 months to fight. in my mind he needs one more and so does rashad. koing lidell (imo) doesnt make him the #1 contender...

machida vs wandy

rashad rematch tito (if they can make it happen)

jackson vs shogun

franklin vs thiago silva

just some thoughts

or hell franklin vs hendo at 205.. thats what i wanna see
haggiswashere
9/8/08 3:43:13AM

Posted by PrinceofTranceGlobal

Posted by haggiswashere

Weak sauce you bring up my record after the first event. Is that the best you got???? Seems to be. BTW, finishing Soko means a lot. And he did not decision Bonnar like Rashad. He destroyed him so thouroughly his own corner threw in the towel so Bonner would be able to walk out of there. And this was Machida's 2nd fight. He also ran through Rich Franklin like only Spider has done. And he was seconds away from being the first fighter in UFC HISTORY to ever put away TIto in round 1. Tito was seconds away from that happening. Your post was more off than hair on GSP's head.

haha well do something worth talking about and i will bring that up and besides it was bonnars FOURTH FIGHT!! they were both different fighters. and beside i said franklin is the only one i am impressed with earlier on my other post. You can't discredit that one. it was at the time franklin was at his prime so props to him on that one. and soko beat TWO decent people. Just keep getting pissed buddy. 1 it makes me laugh 2 i will keep tellin you off! laters
haggiswashere
9/8/08 6:11:23AM
haha anyone know why prince got banned?