LHW division?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » LHW division?
TheHitmanTL
9/23/07 2:25:18PM
Chuck Vs. Rua
Forrest Vs. Page
Machida Vs.Hendo
Jardine Vs. Wandy for no 1 contenders spot
Tito Vs. Rashad
Houston Vs. ??
NatedawgThaM
9/23/07 2:28:02PM
I say...

Forrest-Rampage
Jardine-Wandy
Machida- Shogun
Shogun- Houston?
TheHitmanTL
9/23/07 2:30:18PM
this is how i see it
the losers chuck vs rua.
Griffen title shot and wins
jardine beats wandy
griffen jardine 2 for LHW title
Scott_Revels
9/23/07 3:15:47PM

Posted by TheHitmanTL

Chuck Vs. Rua
Forrest Vs. Page
Machida Vs.Hendo
Jardine Vs. Wandy for no 1 contenders spot
Tito Vs. Rashad
Houston Vs. ??

Though I wouldn't have Forrest be Rampage's next opponent (i'd rather see the winner of Ortiz/Evans), for the Houston fight.. Have him fight Arona.
PeteD
9/23/07 3:25:14PM
Forrest Vs. Rampage
Chuck Vs. Rua
Wandy Vs. Jardine
Tito Vs. Rashad
Alexander Vs. Machida
AND
Hendo Vs. Bisping?

I know I'm probably going to get slammed for this. I don't think it would work out too well, but a Grand Prix MIGHT not be a bad idea considering the results of Knockout and the depth of the LHW division
hathcock32
9/23/07 3:30:18PM
Lidell vs Sakara

Cancel the Rashad Tito ....and have Tito vs Wandy II

Rashad vs Shogun

Jardine vs Cro Cop (205)
Ydoc
9/23/07 3:36:48PM
I'd be real interested in a Houston/Chuck match. I've always enjoyed those fallen stars versus rising stars type matches. A win for Alexander launches him into the top ten while a win for Liddell stops his falling.
three_days_of_grey
9/23/07 5:02:07PM
Why is Forrest Griffin being anointed the number one contender? Yes, he dominated Shogun in grand fashion. However, I think that just further reinforces the fact that Pride fighters are not as good as originally percieved, not that Griffin is suddenly that much better. Before Rua was a decision against Hector "Not Even Ranked in the Top 20 Sick Dog" Ramirez. Prior to that, Jardine played ping-pong with Griffins head against the mat.
I have to give it up to Jardine though. I honestly didnt think he had what it took but his gameplan worked well. Shame on Liddell for being arrogant and not recognizing that his typical style wasnt working effectively enough and switching it up. Hell, he didnt even attempt to check the majority of those kicks, just kept that right hand cocked back waiting for his big punch. Chuck should train with a different camp and learn some new skills or else he will never see a title shot again as Jardine put on a clinic on how to defeat him.
At this point, would rather see Hendo/Silva II in December rather than Liddell/Silva. Griffin vs. Machida. The two winners square off for title shot. I think Jardine also gets the nod at number one because he beat the former champ. Fighting anyone else is a step back.

-OUT-
MALICE
9/23/07 7:44:25PM
Might as well throw Babalu in the mix. He submitted Shogun, and Shogun beat Rampage, so I guess Babalu is the #1 Contender
hook_tothe_body
9/23/07 7:53:44PM
Me personally, I don't think Houston Alexander should be considered for even a number one contendership type fight for the title. Like he has had two quick knock outs, but he hasn't really shown anything but that.

Like if any fighter going to fight Alexander stands in front of him and boxes with him like Jardine and Alessio Sakara tried to do, they're just stupid. I think people will be trying to take him down from now on. Or be really defensive on their feet.

All Alexander has shown is good punching power. I think he needs to put together some good wins against good opponents before he gets a fight to determine who will fight for the title.
jgtribbett
9/23/07 9:51:08PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Might as well throw Babalu in the mix. He submitted Shogun, and Shogun beat Rampage, so I guess Babalu is the #1 Contender

hahahahahahahha

i'm saying houston and forrest deserve the shot... just me...
Lord_Lenny
9/23/07 10:03:15PM
Chuck-Shogun
Tito-Wandy
Forrest-Rashad
Alexander-Machida
Jardine-Hendo

nubby
9/23/07 10:07:16PM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Chuck-Shogun
Tito-Wandy
Forrest-Rashad
Alexander-Machida
Jardine-Hendo

This is exactly what I think would help sort some of this mess out.
Lord_Lenny
9/23/07 10:17:27PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Chuck-Shogun
Tito-Wandy
Forrest-Rashad
Alexander-Machida
Jardine-Hendo

This is exactly what I think would help sort some of this mess out.

the only thing is, what rampage will be doing in the mean time, this is just the system that seems the least flawed to me