LHW Contenders

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » LHW Contenders
Next Page »
mk1630
7/2/07 11:05:42PM
After Rampage fights Hendo, who do you think would be the next in line for a title shot? Theres Bisbing, Rashad Evans if he gets past Ortiz, Machida, and of course Liddell, among others. And thats if they dont bring in some guys from PRIDE. What do you guys think?
MMAcca
7/2/07 11:09:14PM
It'll almost definately be Shogun after he wins at UFC 76.
DevonFoxy
7/2/07 11:09:47PM
I personally would like to see Chuck and Rampage be the coaches of TUF and then fight a highly anticipated re-match. I dont really see it happeneing but i think it would be a pretty awesome way to build up the fight so thats what i would like to see personally.
gutoo
7/2/07 11:10:21PM
http://ufcmania.com/2007/07/02/dana-white-shogun-and-fedor-to-get-title-shots/

here dana is saying that if shogun win in september he will fight against the winner of hendo vs jackson
so i hope shogun fight because he deserves this title shot :D
mk1630
7/2/07 11:14:22PM
Shogun will more than likely beat whatever can they give him in september so i guess itll be him. Would Chuck get his rematch after Shogun fights for the titleor would he have to get a fight or two in between?
ProfessorChaos
7/2/07 11:14:56PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I personally would like to see Chuck and Rampage be the coaches of TUF and then fight a highly anticipated re-match. I dont really see it happeneing but i think it would be a pretty awesome way to build up the fight so thats what i would like to see personally.

So Rampage can whoop his ass again?
cmill21
7/2/07 11:15:31PM
If shogun win's he fights winner for the title, then winner of that fights winner of wandy liddell if it happends. Then the up and comers will start to get shots.
DevonFoxy
7/2/07 11:36:19PM
I honestly dont know what the rematch would be like i honestly dont think Liddell would get beat down like he did. Thats just me but i would like to see the rematch and i think it would get huge ratings. So i really dont think Liddell would get destroyed like your implying.
kevietre
7/2/07 11:42:10PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I honestly dont know what the rematch would be like i honestly dont think Liddell would get beat down like he did. Thats just me but i would like to see the rematch and i think it would get huge ratings. So i really dont think Liddell would get destroyed like your implying.

The rematch already happened at 71 Rampage beat him twice they won't fight again for a while if they even do.

Machida should face the winner of Ortiz/Evans that would be sick. Bisping is still working his way up and eventually will have to face tougher competition than Elivs and Matt Hamill. Shogun is already a force and will be on the map after UFC 76.
cmill21
7/2/07 11:46:21PM
^^^ agreed...although we feel chuck has to earn a title shot(beating wandy would do it) I don't think dana feels that way...he babies certain champs(hughes, franklin, and chuck) by putting them against lesser competition on their way back to the titles. If he does that rampage, shogun or wandy will crush him, he needs to keep fighting the best so he can stay sharp.
DevonFoxy
7/2/07 11:56:40PM
I kno there has been a re-match from the Pride fight im talking a rematch in the Octagon but im sure u knew that. I know for a fact that Chuck Liddell dominated the LHW division. I honestly believe he deserves that rematch to get his belt back after a disappointing showing against Rampage. I really think he deserves the shot and Rampage got a title shot after one fight and i still think Liddell is the top guy and after his two convincing defeats of Ortiz and Babalu andso on and so on so if u think you can write off Liddell thats ludicrous.
cmill21
7/3/07 12:07:10AM
But Ortiz can only beat shamrock, and babalu...well anyways. Lidell dominated the LHW div of the UFC, he won't dominate now that there are all the guys from pride coming over. The rampage fight was no fluke, rampage will win again and again against chuck. Then wandy IMO will beat chuck, shogun will crush chuck. You also have to remember chucks 37 he had a great run.
DevonFoxy
7/3/07 12:28:59AM
I agree with you there but to count chuck out of the title picture after a loss is just crazy IMO whens hes done so much for it he at least deserves a chance which hell get against Wandi. I just guess dont like the fact everyone is writing off a guy where he used to step in the Octagon and people were like oh well this fights over in the first round by TKO. i think hes still a top player and i just dont think everyone should write him off so quickly i guess.
TaporSnap
7/3/07 12:30:20AM
Shogun will def get the shot if he wins but if he loses who should get the shot I want Bisping to fight someone with some talent before he gets mentioned. And Sokoduju i heard may come to ufc due to some pride contract shit he wants Shogun
ac_gi
7/3/07 12:33:40AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I kno there has been a re-match from the Pride fight im talking a rematch in the Octagon but im sure u knew that. I know for a fact that Chuck Liddell dominated the LHW division. I honestly believe he deserves that rematch to get his belt back after a disappointing showing against Rampage. I really think he deserves the shot and Rampage got a title shot after one fight and i still think Liddell is the top guy and after his two convincing defeats of Ortiz and Babalu andso on and so on so if u think you can write off Liddell thats ludicrous.

Liddell will get another shot. He's a big draw and he is friends with the Boss. I bet the UFC throws a couple of wrestlers at him to get a winning streak going, then give him a title match. It looks like the Chuck v Wandy fight isn't going to happen anytime soon.
cmill21
7/3/07 12:34:03AM
Your behind soko's not coming he's fighting in elite xc. I think chuck will get a few chances because dana loves him, and he's done a ton for the sport.
ProfessorChaos
7/3/07 12:54:45AM
Chuck dominated the division because he didn't have to fight anyone good. Put him against Wandy, Shogun, Hendo, or Rampage and he'll lose every single time.
ac_gi
7/3/07 1:19:07AM

Posted by ProfessorChaos

Chuck dominated the division because he didn't have to fight anyone good. Put him against Wandy, Shogun, Hendo, or Rampage and he'll lose every single time.

I agree with everyone except Wandy. It wasn't a flash KO against Hendo, it was a beatdown then KO. Wandy is going to have to prove he can still fight, before I pick him over Chuck.
cmill21
7/3/07 1:28:24AM
I think a year off will do him WONDERS. He fights so often and their always wars. He'll come back strong and I want to see the wandy lidell fight, but i will only pick wandy if it's after November.
FeelTheJoy
7/3/07 1:34:08AM
why is everybody dumping liddell? he loses once in a few years and now he sucks! jeez.
ProfessorChaos
7/3/07 2:14:45AM
I still think Wandy takes Chuck, but given the way Wandy fights, Chuck has a very realistic shot of winning.
Liddell doesn't suck, but he's not a top 5 LHW like most people seem to think he is. He doesn't deserve a title shot against Rampage because it would be another slaughter. Wait until Rampage gets his belt taken away, and Liddell proves himself against the new Pride competition until you start talking about a title fight.
In my opinion, Shogun and Henderson should get the next title shots. Then the winner of Wandy vs Chuck would be third in line.
If Soko comes to UFC he deserves a shot over Chuck since #1 contenders are usually based off who you recently have defeated. Not many people have a more impressive 2 fight resume than Soko.
veritas
7/3/07 2:46:32AM
I think that the top contenders are Rampage, Liddell, Henderson, and Shogun. They are the cream of the crop, and you could throw Wanderlei in with them if he indeed comes over to the UFC. Below that its kind of a step down, like Babalu or Rashad, but they're still amazing fighters. Its a shame Arona and Sokoudjou aren't in the mix.
Messiah
7/3/07 4:28:57AM

Posted by MMAcca

It'll almost definately be Shogun after he wins at UFC 76.

I agree i think if he wins his first fight hes gonna be up for the next title shot
nubby
7/3/07 12:17:40PM

Posted by FeelTheJoy

why is everybody dumping liddell? he loses once in a few years and now he sucks! jeez.

Because 1) he's getting older 2) he's been beaten twice by the current champ 3) his wins are almost entirely over wrestlers and grapplers that had mediocre to average striking skills. As soon as Chuck went up against a good striker, he got his bell rung. If he fights Wandy or Shogun I really think that will be the last time we see Chuck in the Octagon.
Ultimate_fighter
7/3/07 5:34:24PM
I say Ortiz, Wandy(when he comes and beats liddell) and Shogun when he comes... If houston Alexander wins his next fight in the first in like less than 1 minute he will be comin close..
mk1630
7/3/07 5:46:35PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

I say Ortiz, Wandy(when he comes and beats liddell) and Shogun when he comes... If houston Alexander wins his next fight in the first in like less than 1 minute he will be comin close..

Ortiz doesnt deserve shit. He lost to Chuck twice so what makes u think he'd beat Rampage??
NatedawgThaM
7/3/07 5:47:35PM
I think Rampage will beat hendo. and Shogun will win and September and then we will see Rampage go to war with Shogun. I honestly think Rampage has learned since his last fights with Shogun & Silva. He has better trainers and sparring partners then before and his striking is at top shape so I think he has a great shot in a rematch against Shogun, I doubt it being a short fight like the last one and I see Wandy getting the next shot, but he isn't the same so I predict a 2nd round KO/TKO for Jackson. I think Jackson is the next LHW posterboy. I think the only person who has a shot will be Tito since they have sort of the same style and Tito punished Wandy in there one fight so I feel if Tito beats Rashad, he should get the winner of Wandy & chuck, prolly Wandy and dominate him again and he will be next in line...
Metafour
7/3/07 7:07:27PM
I think that the match makers are going to have to give Machida a shot at the title eventually he's been fighting for awhile and still undefeated.
cmill21
7/3/07 7:12:25PM
I want Machida to fight the winner of ortiz evans. Titio doesn't deserve a title shot, if he gets one i'll quit watching. Examin his last 5 years of fighting...nothing impressive at all.
FeelTheJoy
7/4/07 6:22:01AM

Posted by nubby

Posted by FeelTheJoy

Because 1) he's getting older 2) he's been beaten twice by the current champ 3) his wins are almost entirely over wrestlers and grapplers that had mediocre to average striking skills. As soon as Chuck went up against a good striker, he got his bell rung. If he fights Wandy or Shogun I really think that will be the last time we see Chuck in the Octagon.

i would bet all the money in the world that IF he loses to wandy or shogun that that wont be the last we see of chuck. thats impossible. thats like the middle east becoming stable. not gona happen.
Pages: [1] 2