Next LHW Contender

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Next LHW Contender
Next Page »
JustizzleFoShizzle
10/15/07 10:58:17PM
I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. The best I could come up with was that I think that Forrest and Jardine should fight again and have that winner face the winner of Evans and Bisping or even just Rampage. I think the iceman and silva are out being that both are comming off two loses and shogun is out do to his loss to Forrest. Henderson/Rampage 2 couls also happen I guess because the match was so close, but I don't think anyone else is really worth title contention.
tuvok500
10/15/07 11:11:30PM
well, i think that they will not wait to see who is the best of the 4 of theses guys before having a championship fight.
i even believe that they can put jardine or forrest directly to a tiltle fight against jackson, that would be very logical, by looking at what they done before , they are not so specific about puting the #1 against the #2., they want a big show with big name and big ppv.

as for bisping, i dislike this guy so much that i prefer to not speak about him.
i just hope that evan will destroy him so bad that he will have to retire.

but , i also think that no one of these fighters will be able to beat jackson for a while.

cmill21
10/15/07 11:33:11PM

Posted by tuvok500

well, i think that they will not wait to see who is the best of the 4 of theses guys before having a championship fight.
i even believe that they can put jardine or forrest directly to a tiltle fight against jackson, that would be very logical, by looking at what they done before , they are not so specific about puting the #1 against the #2., they want a big show with big name and big ppv.

as for bisping, i dislike this guy so much that i prefer to not speak about him.

but , i also think that no one of these fighters will be able to beat jackson for a while.

I think Jardine deserves it more then forrest(he'll be out for a while anyways), Jardine beats forrest, and beat the fromer LHW champ. I think we'll see Wand if he beats chuck get it(rampage is out for a while since he's having surgery).
puppetmaster837
10/15/07 11:40:07PM
I dont see why everyone counts Wanderlei out because he has two losses. One loss was against a top heavyweight in the world, he was fighting at a higher weight class which isnt easier to do. And the other was Dan Henderson, also a beast. Losing to Cro Cop and Henderson doesnt mean he isnt good anymore. Put Forrest or Jardine against either of those guys, they will lose.
tuvok500
10/15/07 11:43:07PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

I think Jardine deserves it more then forrest(he'll be out for a while anyways), Jardine beats forrest, and beat the fromer LHW champ. I think we'll see Wand if he beats chuck get it(rampage is out for a while since he's having surgery).

i agree about jardine and also that if wandy beat chuck very hard, they can give him a direct shot on jackson.
but keep in mind that jackson is a lot better that he was before and that wandy is aging, so it can be a good fight but maybe not so tuff for jackson.
i know, wandy beated jackson before, but fighter are evolving and the new camp of jackson seem to have changed him a lot.

postman
10/15/07 11:52:46PM
If they put Jardine or Forrest agianst Page they might as well put it on free tv agian. He would destroy both of them and if it were on free tv it would boom him to the top !
loonytnt
10/16/07 1:07:35AM
no tito in this talk?
tuvok500
10/16/07 1:14:11AM

Posted by loonytnt

no tito in this talk?

yeah, well tito is one of my favorite fighter but i am reallist , a title shot for him is not for while, well if he fight henderson like we heard and he beat him convinsely, well he may put himself back in the race, i would like to see him champ again, well like you i think !!

cmill21
10/16/07 1:19:26AM
Only two guys I see beating Page and thats Shogun and Wand(clinch) or maybe Anderson if he gains a bunch of weight haha. Seriously if Rampage has figured out the clinch(hard since those two are great at it) he's unstopabble right now.
TheHitmanTL
10/16/07 1:47:47AM
id have to say next in line SHOULD be forrest imo......i dont care how he won or who was injured and all that other crap the fact is he beat the no 1 ranked LHW in the world not only did he beat him he stopped him....forrest beat the best guy and now i think he should at least be able to test his skills against page
roman
10/16/07 5:46:19AM

Posted by loonytnt

no tito in this talk?

Tito and LHW contender shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. Now if he fights Hendo, and he gets an upset then yea by all means Tito desevers a title shot.
kevietre
10/17/07 4:14:49PM
Tito and Rampage are friends but Tito actually bet against him at UFC 71. Tito is still one of the best in the world but hasn't done anything impressive in a while. Beating Ken Shamrock twice, a draw with Evans, and a spilt win over Forrest does not get you another title shot after you lost at 66. Tito has expressed interest in fighting one of the top 5 LHW in the world and if he's victorius then he'll be right back in the picture.
TNunley
10/17/07 4:38:56PM

Posted by cmill21

Ok:
Jardine KO'd Griffin (Possibly places him above Griffin, but that was almost a year ago)
Jardine was KO'd by H. Alexander ( This was less than 5 months ago; Drops him down several notches)
Jardine wins decision to Liddell (Since he's a UFC fighter, I assume you think little of Liddell, so not sure how that would solidify anything as far as placement in your eyes)
Jardine lost decision to Bonnar

Griffin Destroyed Rua (Seeing as he is an ex-Pride fighter I assume you probably have Rua ranked #1 and have him ranked higher than Chuck when it is more convenient for you)
Griffin Lost Decision to Ortiz (Former LHW Champ)
Griffin Won 2 decisions to Bonnar

Granted these are just some highlights of both fighters. Jardine has a 1 fight win streak, Griffin has a 2 fight win streak... Wand and Chuck are both coming off 2 consecutive losses... if you can give one legitimate reason as to why either of them deserve a title shot after this fight I will concede my argument. And saying that the people that defeated him were great is not a sufficient argument... a 2 fight losing streak is a 2 fight losing streak. So if Chuck dominates Wandy, should Chuck get another shot at the belt?

Posted by postman
If they put Jardine or Forrest agianst Page they might as well put it on free tv agian. He would destroy both of them and if it were on free tv it would boom him to the top !

Why? I think that's a highly marketable event. I would pay for the PPV to watch either Griffin/Page or Jardine/Page... Just because you may not want to pay to watch it does not mean that no one else would. It's a title fight in the most stacked and screwed up (in ranks) division of any weight class in any organization. To have a title fight helps clear the confusion.
d_block07
10/17/07 4:50:18PM
shogun was in line for a shot if he beat forrest. forrest beat shogun. forrest should get the shot.
stand-ups_are_gay
10/17/07 7:44:14PM
Tons of confusion at the top of LHW and it's only going to get worse with the addition of Wandy. So here is the only way to make it right IMO:

If Wandy beats Chuck, I dont think he deserves a title shot right away. I think that he should have to fight KJ or Forrest. Choosing who would be ahead of whom would also be a tough assignment. So make them fight again. and the winner gets Wandy.

If Chuck wins he is still two fights away and would have to beat the winner of Bisbing/ Evans and then the winner of KJ/ Forrest II.

And for the guy that thinks Tito should be in the picture. He got a decision over a very young Cote, two wins over a very old Ken Shamrock, TKO'd ( brutally) by Chuck, earned a split decision over Forrest ( that I disagreed with) and earned a draw over Rashad. Not very impressive.

Tito could still be a contender but he's gonna have to do something big and do it fast.

Its kinda complicated but it's my opinion
jiujitsufreak74
10/17/07 8:06:43PM
bonnar should have never won that fight over jardine, in my mind it was evident that jardine won that fight, bonnar has acknowledged the fact that that fight was controversal so using him as a way to differentiate b/w forrest and jardine is not appropriate imo.
nubby
10/17/07 8:15:46PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by loonytnt

no tito in this talk?

yeah, well tito is one of my favorite fighter but i am reallist , a title shot for him is not for while, well if he fight henderson like we earn and he beat him convinsely, well he may put himself back in the race, i would like to see him champ again, well like you i think !!

Yup.
prozacnation1978
10/17/07 10:08:56PM
lets get serious rampage will likely fight in march with the april card in canada with gsp title shot

silva fight in the end of dec won't be ready if he does get through lidell to fight by march

it will be jardine or forrest fighting
both are marketable jardine already was a main card event and beat chuck
forrest is one of the more popular fighters there are alot of people that think he should get a title shot,

now given that machida called out jardine to fight it will likely happen,
if it does and forrest is out for a couple months i think rampage will fight griffin in ohio.

who else is there?? remember silva is fighting in dec he won't be ready but he might get title fight with march winner.
cmill21
10/17/07 10:11:14PM
Silva fighting in december means nothing if he doesn't get injured and medically suspended. The man's a warrior and if he beats chuck he'd fight Rampage later that night. I don't think Forrest deserves it, I think it's either Machida, Jardine, or Houston's. Shogun was in line because he's beaten alot of top competition, forrest's only win was over shogun, thats like saying gg earned a title shot....he didn't, and it showed, as would forrest getting one.
TNunley
10/18/07 10:28:08AM

Posted by cmill21

Silva fighting in december means nothing if he doesn't get injured and medically suspended. The man's a warrior and if he beats chuck he'd fight Rampage later that night. I don't think Forrest deserves it, I think it's either Machida, Jardine, or Houston's. Shogun was in line because he's beaten alot of top competition, forrest's only win was over shogun, thats like saying gg earned a title shot....he didn't, and it showed, as would forrest getting one.

Machida? Houston? Wow!!! Neither of them have shown anything. Machida can't finish a fight and relies on the judges.... Houston is nowhere near a title shot.
tuvok500
10/18/07 8:27:55PM

post by smill21 ... The man's a warrior and if he beats chuck he'd fight Rampage later that night.... .

man this one was coming directly from a drunk man !!! LOL

mkiv9secsupra
10/18/07 9:16:43PM

Posted by tuvok500

post by smill21 ... The man's a warrior and if he beats chuck he'd fight Rampage later that night.... .

man this one was coming directly from a drunk man !!! LOL

you do realize Wandy has fought three times in one night right?
jiujitsufreak74
10/18/07 9:29:08PM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by cmill21

Machida? Houston? Wow!!! Neither of them have shown anything. Machida can't finish a fight and relies on the judges.... Houston is nowhere near a title shot.

well, machida is undefeated and does have a victory over franklin. so does jardine. forrest needs one more fight, i say put him up against machida s. i think it would be a great fight and machida would have to learn how to develop the killer instinct if he fought forrest again. forrest jardine would be good too, as we will see if the KO is still in the back of forrests head. I personally think it should be like this:

forrest v jardine
hendo v machida (hendo rapes here...but you never know)
tito v houston (if he gets past silva)

then have the winner of forrest jardine face machida hendo to see who the next contender is. since rampage is hurt, there is enough time to do this. plus the winner of houston v tito would be back in the title picture

NatedawgThaM
10/18/07 9:58:02PM
I think Forrest is #1 contedner right now since he just beat very well MOST MMA fans #1 LHW in the world by SUBMISSION mind you...

Next is Probably Wandy if he KO's chuck which I think he will then he'll be #1 contender but if Chuck wins then he'll probably have to face Tito or Jardine again in a #1 contenders match...

Then after those guys it's Shogun vs Machida winner probably gets Matt Hamil or winner of Bispin/Rashad...
cmill21
10/18/07 10:13:36PM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by cmill21

Who's closer forrest? He was Ko'd by Jardine. Jardine? Was Ko'd by Houston. Who's Ko'd houston? He's beaten a person you deem a contender right? Forrest seems to be deemed a contender by beating another contender so why not houston? Be a bit more double sided in your arguments. As for Machida, he relies on the judges? Well considering he leaves little argument, who cares? He ussually beats guys down. Nak has always been very tough to finish so, I guess learn about more fighters the Randy, Chuck. Rich, Hughes and Sherk. As for the guy refering to me being drunk, you clearly don't know much about wand and the fact that he fought a 290lb K-1 champ at what 210(on 3 weeks notice)? He'd definetly take any fight. Watch his fight with Cro Cop in the OWGP, 95% of fighters would have quit after taking that kind of punishment, Cro Cop is not a light puncher, and Wand did not quit. Not to mention he did fight Rampage the same night he fought Yoshida for a full 2 rounds(pride only had 2 rounds with the first being 10 mins) so it's not like he didn't do the exact same 3 and 1/2 years ago.
Aaronno9
10/18/07 10:19:54PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by TNunley

Posted by cmill21

well, machida is undefeated and does have a victory over forrest. so does jardine. forrest needs one more fight, i say put him up against machida so he can try and avenge his loss. i think it would be a great fight and machida would have to learn how to develop the killer instinct if he fought forrest again. forrest jardine would be good too, as we will see if the KO is still in the back of forrests head. I personally think it should be like this:

forrest v jardine

then have the winner of forrest jardine face machida hendo to see who the next contender is. since rampage is hurt, there is enough time to do this. plus the winner of houston v tito would be back in the title picture

When did machida beat forrest?
cmill21
10/18/07 10:26:12PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by TNunley

Posted by cmill21

well, machida is undefeated and does have a victory over forrest. so does jardine. forrest needs one more fight, i say put him up against machida so he can try and avenge his loss. i think it would be a great fight and machida would have to learn how to develop the killer instinct if he fought forrest again. forrest jardine would be good too, as we will see if the KO is still in the back of forrests head. I personally think it should be like this:

forrest v jardine

When did machida beat forrest?

Didn't beat him, but he beat Rich and BJ.
Aaronno9
10/18/07 10:32:07PM
I know he beat rich and bj (although i cant see why the bj fight is of any relevence at all when hes a natural lw and machida is a LHW) but i was simply refering to the fact the post said "machida has a victory over forrest" when to my knowledge, he doesnt.
jiujitsufreak74
10/18/07 10:40:05PM
im sorry, i got confused and said forrest when it was franklin. my bad, ty for correcting me, i edited my post
Aaronno9
10/18/07 10:47:03PM
No probs man, i was just confused becouse i didnt think machida had beat forrest. Sorry if i came across as a dick about it though!
Pages: [1] 2