LHW Champ ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » LHW Champ ?
Mchubb316
3/8/10 7:17:54PM
Do you guys think Machida will succesfully defend his belt against Rua? If not, who do you think the UFC will have Rua fight next? Will this belt be tossed around again and again or will the UFC have a long term champ like they did with chuck? Who will that be if they do? Thoughts? Thanks for any and all replies.
State_Champ
3/8/10 7:39:06PM
Machida will win the rematch I think.
But obviously I wouldn't be surprised to see Shogun come away with a victory but I think it will be Machida again.
haggiswashere
3/8/10 7:48:21PM
Machida has the advantage in the rematch. He knows what he needs to work on. But I will be cheering for shogun and i think he will win.
sbulldavid
3/8/10 8:05:04PM
That was Shogun at his best and Machida was taken by surprise, It's a real shame Shogun didn't get what he deserved. I hope Shogun chops him down and knocks his ass out, If we see the same fight I think Shogun will win, if it goes to the ground I think Shogun is better, I picked Shogun the first fight and I will pick him again, but I'm a little nervous if he couldn't win the last fight by decision. Machida might just thigh check his way to victory. I got to say though, Machida really took a beating and sometimes when you get beat down like that, you're never the same fighter again.
Pookie
3/8/10 8:41:51PM
Im surprised that Machida is the betting favorite.

Machida plays the range game, and Shoguns able to control the pace from that range better than Machida can counter. Evidenced by the first match.

Shogun is a more versatile fighter than machida, in regards to offensive variety, if anything i see shogun being more well-prepared than Machida will be in terms of switching up their style effectively.

Machida has been doing Machida Karate successfully his entire life, Im not sure he'll be able to switch strategies and keep his trademark effectiveness.

Plus, Muay Thai has always beat Karate. Leg Kicks.
Boo_Radley21
3/8/10 8:46:40PM
I can't wait for someone to beat Machida, never really liked him. I don't think there is going to be one champ in the division that can steadily hold the title for a long time.Everyone in the LHW weight class is too good
MiniMan
3/8/10 9:33:45PM
If both Shogun and Rampage win, I think they will go that way. Same also if Machida and Evans win. Otherwise, Not too sure! Randy is always close to a title shot...
jae_1833
3/8/10 10:06:23PM
I'd like for Shogun to win, then defend against winner of Rashad v Rampage (I'm thinking Rashad) after that Randy only if he gets another solid win under his belt at LHW.
CaranoGirl
3/8/10 10:37:45PM
If Machida does win this next fight with shogun I would love for him to fight Lil Nog. I think Lil nog can take out the dragon and hold the belt for a while. that is unless forrest stops him lil Nog in his next fight HAHAHHAHHAHHAHHHAH ya right.
prozacnation1978
3/8/10 10:46:03PM
i do think machida will win, by stoppage
and shogun will face winner of griffin/lil nog or page/evans
karn501
3/8/10 10:54:28PM
I'm going to give it to machida shogun got robbed but I dont think it will go the same I could be wrong thoughand rampage will get the next shot if as I believe he will beats rashad and I think machida will frustrate page too much and win a decision so if shogun doesn't beat him I would say the one to do it would be little nog
hate4thestate
3/8/10 10:59:51PM
i really think shogun showed his talent to impelement a precise gameplan and stick with it. he also showed that he can bend and flex his style to match well against someone who no one else could. machida was a mystery and shogun exposed the mystery. i absolutely do not see how machida wins the second fight. shogun changed his whole game for one fight and im absolutely sure hell do it again. shogun showed how smart of a fighter he could be with amazing game planning. i think shogun comes out a little more agressive and exposes even more weaknesses in machidas game. shogun wins this one for sure.
chickmagnet
3/9/10 12:29:37AM
Machida knows what he needs to work on for this fight. I believe he will be victorious in this fight. Probably by decision, but it will be a great fight, just this one Machida should have more success.
cmill21
3/9/10 1:13:14AM
Shogun. I'll av bet to that effect. Tougher, more versatile and more skilled. I've realized that the guy with more ways to win seems to, so Shogun. I think he'll hold the belt for a long time to. He'll face Anderson after IMHO.
State_Champ
3/9/10 7:01:10AM

Posted by cmill21

Shogun. I'll av bet to that effect. Tougher, more versatile and more skilled. I've realized that the guy with more ways to win seems to, so Shogun. I think he'll hold the belt for a long time to. He'll face Anderson after IMHO.

I have been waiting to see Anderson vs Shogun!
Bloodhound
3/9/10 4:34:54PM
I think Shogun will win this time (felt he won the 1st time) but its gonna be close again and i expect to see more jujitsu utilized this time around. If Rampage wins which i think he will then he well most likely get a title shot. Would be great if it set up for a Shogun Vs Rampage, Part II
BustedKnuckle
3/9/10 6:54:18PM
I'll start by saying...WAR MACHIDA!!!!!! Lyoto will have changed a lot since the last fight and I think be more aggressive against Shogun this time around. Lyoto TKO 2nd
juggernautakira
3/10/10 5:13:49PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I can't wait for someone to beat Machida, never really liked him. I don't think there is going to be one champ in the division that can steadily hold the title for a long time.Everyone in the LHW weight class is too good

Agreed 100%. I dont know why, but ive never been a fan of him.

This will be a great way of seeing if the guy learns though.
KYGUY07
3/15/10 2:35:27AM
I think at 104 we saw the best Shogun that were gonna see. I think Machida will realize where he went wrong and correct it. machida rd.3 tko