What’s your interest level for the upcoming season of “The Ultimate Fighter”?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What’s your interest level for the upcoming season of “The Ultimate Fighter”?
POLL: 1 - 5, 5 being the highest
5 22% (9)
4 24% (10)
3 34% (14)
2 15% (6)
1 5% (2)
mentalcase
3/10/09 7:22:09AM
This season features a different take on the formula that the show has followed for the past eight seasons. Season nine still pits two teams of 16 fighters against each other – eight welterweights and eight lightweights per team – but the fighters are divvied up into a team of U.K. fighters versus a team of U.S. fighters.

The two teams will then go through much of the same format as past shows, fighting their way into the finals to declare a welterweight and a lightweight winner. The Ultimate Fighter Season 9 Live Finale will take place on June 20 at the Pearl in Las Vegas.

Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports on Monday released the list of the 32 contestants for this season, broken out into the various weight categories and country they represent.

link
EvenFlow
3/10/09 7:34:40AM
I watched 1 and 2 skeptically, liked those, then they came out with 3 and it was such a letdown that I was skeptical about 4, ended up liking 4 because of the names I recognized, 5 was ok, then started to lose interest, now with 9 even though I hate nationalism in combat sports (where its ONE person fighting not a friggin country to cheer for) I like this concept and think its a good idea to keep ppl intersted in TUF.
AchillesHeel
3/10/09 9:13:37AM
It all depends on the level of frat-house antics, for me. I'm completely uninterested in watching the Junie Brownings of the world. I'd rather they brought back the ridiculous contests and competitions of the first couple of seasons. I'll probably just record the episodes on my DVR and fast-forward until the fights begin.
emfleek
3/10/09 9:15:11AM
I'm a big fan of the show so I'm highly interested. I don't care for the Country -vs- Country BS, but I'll still watch religiously.
Twenty20Dollars
3/10/09 12:14:07PM
I like the weight classes for the show. But I gave it a 4 because of bisping is going to be on the show, and he was pretty annoying on TUF 3.
DCRage
3/10/09 12:52:46PM
4. Usual fairly high pre-season level of interest.
CwB
3/10/09 2:59:03PM
there is nothing left on tv worth watching anymore so when tuf comes back on at least there is mma to watch so i gave it a 3
Tein_Lung
3/10/09 3:33:36PM

Posted by CwB

there is nothing left on tv worth watching anymore so when tuf comes back on at least there is mma to watch so i gave it a 3

TV is terrible to watch now... i think its been 2 years since i wactually watched something as it was being showed because i cannt stand 5 minutes of commercials for every 10-12 minutes of TV show... so i DVR everything just to fast forward though the garbage...

but i will DVR TUF and see whats going on...

and on the Junie note dude was an asshat on the show... but was KoS really that different... people seem to like him and he was just a punk..
mkiv9secsupra
3/10/09 3:37:49PM
I watch every TUF religiously. no matter how undeveloped or unknown the fighters. ill watch anything mma because i love it. so i picked 5. I like how they are trying new ideas as well now.... Just dont let "Junie"s into the house anymore.

I doubt either coach will show aggression towards the other ala Rampage and Shamrock which is a slight downfall since i would like to see some emotional weight to be on this fight from one fighter rather than just another day at the office trying to get to a title shot. itll be a love fest between the coaches probly.......ugh.......
jiujitsufreak74
3/10/09 3:42:10PM
4, there are a lot of talented British fighters that, imo, are a step up in competition from the past few seasons. that, and i love to watch anything MMA related.
Wolfenstein
3/10/09 3:42:32PM
This season is going to kick some serious ass. There is a lot of talent this season, particularly Jeff Lawson, Che Mills, and Andre Winner. From the US side I've heard DaMarques Johnson was absolutely dominating guys at the tryouts, so he'll be an interesting guy to watch for as well.
cowcatcher
3/10/09 3:43:12PM

Posted by emfleek

I'm a big fan of the show so I'm highly interested. I don't care for the Country -vs- Country BS, but I'll still watch religiously.

i second that
Boo_Radley21
3/10/09 5:28:06PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by emfleek

i second that

I shall third that but I may not watch it as much as I have other seasons because of the Country thing. Dana put it best when he said it's not about what country has the best guys, its about finding the best up and coming guys and having them get into the UFC.
prozacnation1978
3/10/09 6:24:19PM
i like more of the house antics then fights but us vs uk does intrigue me
i think after this they might do a us vs brazil

i do think franklin or wandy would be a coach but i wanna see heavyweights come back
higdon10
3/10/09 8:41:03PM
I dont like the country vs country format but will watch as its MMA on a slow tv night. Im a TUF fan, I wont miss an episode.
Khaos
3/10/09 9:56:23PM
Since I watch the show religiously, i'd say 2, and becasue I'm aware of some of the fighter's it moves to a 3.
mrsmiley
3/10/09 10:52:01PM
I'd say a 2.

It's nice their changing it up a bit,and Hendo as a coach is cool, but for me personaly a lot of the antics from the past few seasons is just getting a little old.

Half the time last season I wondered if I was watching The Ultimate Fighter or the Ultimate Sicko.
Time will tell, and I will catch some of it for sure, but anymore I just can't get excited as much as I could for the first few seasons of the show.
Boo_Radley21
3/10/09 11:57:02PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i like more of the house antics then fights but us vs uk does intrigue me
i think after this they might do a us vs brazil

i do think franklin or wandy would be a coach but i wanna see heavyweights come back

Exactly! How come we've only seen heavyweights on one season of the ultimate fighter?
bls1919
3/11/09 5:19:53PM
I will watch most all of the episodes. but i cant say that i'm in stiches waiting for it.
Aaronno9
3/11/09 9:05:54PM
5. Ive watched every season religously and ive enjoyed them all. I dont even mind the in house antics, makes for entertaining t.v. and gives me something to watch. Having a full team of u.k guys also makes it more interesting for me. I cant wait to see if some of the guys can step up to the ufc level. I think tuf + the bfc will really help put uk mma on the map.
Joshua_Jones
3/12/09 11:02:00AM
I gave it an average vote. Only because it has become more and more less interesting to me. But, I do think the whole nation/nation will put a bit of a twist on the situation, and keep more people entertained.
pv3Hpv3p
3/12/09 11:19:15AM
I don't get too into reality TV, so I don't get too excited for it, but I do like to watch a free fight a week, so that's alright...

Don't much care for Bisping's personality, and while Hendo seems like a nice guy... I wouldn't say he seems like the "life of the party" or anything like that...

I guess I'll watch some of it, cause it means I can get out of the house on Wed's (f'n TurboHD and not havin Spike)