Lets All welcome to the team................

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Lets All welcome to the team................
Next Page »
JoeWarren33
12/21/12 11:13:49AM
Jose Reyes
Josh Johnson
Mark Beurhle
Melky Cabrera
And Mr 2012 Cy Young winner R.A. Dickey!!!!!!!

How is nobody talking about this?
Go Jays Go
2013 mlb future champions, your Toronto Blue Jays!

Guess you americans are jealous lol
Dont blame you, gonnaa suck to be a Yanks or Red Sox fan. hope you enjoy your new manager Boston!! LOL
BuffaloDave
12/21/12 11:34:13AM

Posted by JoeWarren33

That's because it has been discussed here, MLB Thread
thevoodooninja
12/21/12 11:52:47AM
I thought maybe it was because it's a canadian team

Zing
pmoney
12/21/12 12:10:52PM
I'm sorry to break it to you Joe, but The Dodgers are too strong. We got the World Series locked for 2013
BeeR
12/21/12 12:40:36PM
No way you hoser.

LETS GO BLUE JAYS!

ps, dont forget Pat Hentgen running the bullpen
kopower
12/21/12 12:41:27PM
Mark my words, R. A. Dickey was a flash in the pan. He will struggle this year.
BeeR
12/21/12 12:46:33PM
it doesnt matter, its the blue jays, most or all of them will get injured and we'll be fielding our minor leaguers
Shawn91111
12/21/12 1:17:52PM
They still will always suck after the All Star break
airkerma
12/21/12 1:34:14PM
Does this mean the stadium will fill to nearly 1/4 of capacity on a regular basis??!?!?!
frizzzlecake
12/21/12 1:40:40PM
Because it's December...
Bubbles
12/21/12 4:17:43PM
what kind of Jays fan are you when you omit Claudio Vargas

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by JoeWarren33

That's because it has been discussed here, MLB Thread

Poor_Franklin
12/21/12 5:28:53PM
as an American, i'd like you to know that i will pull for the Jays way before i consider pulling for the yankees or red sox. but i still don't like the jays & like shawn said, you're guys will blow it.

GO BRAVES!
jay98107
12/21/12 5:38:20PM

Posted by kopower

Plus he's going from the NL East to the AL East, serious difference in the hitters he will be facing.
Poor_Franklin
12/21/12 5:41:41PM
isnt a knuckleball more supposed to be more effective when it is in an open stadium w/ wind as opposed to an indoor stadium?
Chael_Sonnen
12/21/12 6:17:24PM

Posted by JoeWarren33

Jose Reyes
Josh Johnson
Mark Beurhle
Melky Cabrera
And Mr 2012 Cy Young winner R.A. Dickey!!!!!!!

Go Jays Go
2013 mlb future champions, your Toronto Blue Jays!

Guess you americans are jealous lol
Dont blame you, gonnaa suck to be a Yanks or Red Sox fan. hope you enjoy your new manager Boston!! LOL

Hey Canadian....howz that Hockey thang workin' out for ya??

Nobody cares about baseball....especially in Toronto.
jay98107
12/21/12 7:39:45PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

isnt a knuckleball more supposed to be more effective when it is in an open stadium w/ wind as opposed to an indoor stadium?

To my knowledge yes. Although if the wind gets crazy, then you're going to have a helluva time keeping it in the strikezone. It's a strange balance.
Bubbles
12/21/12 7:51:45PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by Poor_Franklin

To my knowledge yes. Although if the wind gets crazy, then you're going to have a helluva time keeping it in the strikezone. It's a strange balance.

The Rogers Centre has a retractable roof. It's open from May-September (don't know why they wont open it on beautiful April days) unless it's raining
Bubbles
12/21/12 7:54:06PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen
Hey Canadian....howz that Hockey thang workin' out for ya??

Nobody cares about baseball....especially in Toronto.

seeing as an American is running it, I'm not surprised he is running it into the ground.

You'll be surprised about how many baseball fans are in this area. Attendance and TV ratings had one of the biggest increases in all of baseball last season
Adrenaline
12/21/12 8:46:18PM

Posted by Bubbles

seeing as an American is running it, I'm not surprised he is running it into the ground.

Must be Canadians running the NFL, NBA, MLB, UFC, ect.

Atlanta Braves bitches

Gogoplatapus
12/21/12 8:57:03PM

Posted by kopower

wow that flash has lasted 3 seasons, and even if (big if) still improves the Jays staff

...and we care about baseball up here. (for the first half of the season anyway)
jay98107
12/21/12 9:24:38PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by kopower

wow that flash has lasted 3 seasons, and even if (big if) still improves the Jays staff

...and we care about baseball up here. (for the first half of the season anyway)

Last year's season was much more impressive than the two prior years. Compared to the 2010-2011 season, he posted 96 more strikeouts in only 25 more innings. We will see if he can keep it up in the AL East.
hotrodttt
12/21/12 9:30:35PM
Don't count out my A's, we've made a couple of good moves
kopower
12/21/12 10:52:56PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by kopower

He's 38 years old, and will get lit up again in the AL. He did post nice numbers the last few years, but it aint gonna last. I have no idea who the Jays have on their pitching staff, but I hope for their sake, Dickey isn't the #1 ace.

ERA in AL
4.62 - 2009
5.21 - 2008
6.67 - 2005
5.61 - 2005
5.09 - 2003
Gogoplatapus
12/21/12 11:31:56PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by kopower

He's 38 years old, and will get lit up again in the AL. He did post nice numbers the last few years, but it aint gonna last. I have no idea who the Jays have on their pitching staff, but I hope for their sake, Dickey isn't the #1 ace.

ERA in AL
4.62 - 2009
5.21 - 2008
6.67 - 2005
5.61 - 2005
5.09 - 2003

Good point.

The rest of the Jays staff will be Johnson, Buerhle, Morrow and Romero I think.
prophecy033
12/22/12 12:01:27AM
Mariners fan here. We Suck. Carry on.
JoeWarren33
12/22/12 10:17:53AM

Correct! Just add Dickey in there, and thats our rotation this season. One of the best starting roations in the league.

I find it funny how many peope think Dickey is A "flash in the pan". I bet your just jealous. Let me guess Cabrera is gonna suck cause he wont be on any enhancments?
Bunch of jealous haters!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDEfSKHHIxc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
kopower
12/22/12 11:16:33AM

Posted by JoeWarren33

Correct! Just add Dickey in there, and thats our rotation this season. One of the best starting roations in the league.

I find it funny how many peope think Dickey is A "flash in the pan". I bet your just jealous. Let me guess Cabrera is gonna suck cause he wont be on any enhancments?
Bunch of jealous haters!

We had him for a year in 2009. You can have him. Best of luck
prophecy033
12/22/12 12:47:17PM

Posted by JoeWarren33

Bunch of jealous haters!

where you see jealous haters I see realists
cowcatcher
12/22/12 12:55:20PM
Is it possible for the Blue Jays to even have haters? I was surprised to see they have fans, so I guess anything is possible.
airkerma
12/22/12 12:58:52PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Is it possible for the Blue Jays to even have haters? I was surprised to see they have fans, so I guess anything is possible.

I think they have more in common with the Buffalo Bills than just geography. Generally I think their haters are also their fans.
Pages: [1] 2