Lets say forrest beats shogun........

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lets say forrest beats shogun........
Next Page »
TheHitmanTL
8/10/07 1:46:39AM
and he does it convincingly....does that get him a title shot or what???? i mean he got caught by jardine but then jardine lost to a nobody and now jardine is probable gonna lose again but IF forrest wins what should happen?
chickmagnet
8/10/07 1:54:32AM
if Forrest wins it puts him right into title contension, Shogun is a true contender...he has a win over rampage. I am really pulling for Forrest, it would be amazing to see him pull this off, i'm picking shogun to win but i'm goin to put at least 50 dollars on forrest, if he wins the ufc will put him in line for the title.
SpiderSilva
8/10/07 1:54:49AM
no way he is still to raw unpredictable his last fight showed something like he was undercontrol but we now have to see if it was really him or him not wanting to get his head pounded again I believe that if he is gonna win he need to use the cage to his advantage
cmill21
8/10/07 2:03:33AM
Life will not make sense.
ocho-cinco
8/10/07 2:12:58AM
Well if he wins, thats a big time statement. He would obviously be in top contention, but I think he would need one more win to get a title shot. Mabey against Liddell assuming he beats Jardine, or Jardine if he wins. That would be a crazy rematch if they both won there fights against Shogun and Liddell. Thats probably a million to one, but it would sure shake things up, to say the least. Or he could face the winner of Ortiz Vs Rashad 2. I still think Shogun is going to beat Griffen down, but it would be an interesting turn if Forrest were to somehow pull off the upset.
Twenty20Dollars
8/10/07 2:13:08AM
no not even close. Shogun was offered the title shot if he wins in his debut not forrest. I mean that moves forrest up in the rankings but title shot no. I think he would just loose. Lose to Jardine, poor preformance againest hector, so a win over shogun would just bump him up alittle. he would have to win atleast 1-2 more times againest atleast 1 top contender.
cmill21
8/10/07 2:57:46AM
This is one I really don't see happening. Shoguns a monster, and hasn't given us annnny indications on a weak point in his game(maybe his elbow ). If I were Forrest I'd be praying everyday before this fight, because this one looks like a no doubter. Oh I hope his team doesn't show forrest his fight against rampage, because forrest will get an "injury".
Svartorm
8/10/07 3:38:13AM

Posted by ocho-cinco

Or he could face the winner of Ortiz Vs Rashad 2.

Thats probably the best match-up, provided he beats Shogun. A lot of people thought he beat Ortiz the first time, so that would be a decent draw as a rematch, and Rashad vs. Forrest would be an interesting fight as well.
cmill21
8/10/07 3:57:32AM
This is truly a great time in mma, there are so many great matches we can see! I am however expecting to see a shogun hendo match....or a shogun rampage fight...still on the fence about that one. Forrest's heart is huge, and if he wins he would become one of the most beloved fighters ever, he would bee seen as taking down king kong. I was watching the shogun vs. rampage fight with my brother in law(UFC nuthugger) and he's laughing saying Rampage will kill this bumb, and I just lost it(with laughter). He was shocked at the end, and if they promote shogun right most UFC fans will think he's a god.
hippysmacker
8/10/07 4:05:34AM
I would be happy for Forrest if he just went the distance wih Shogun. Anything;s possible , but I don't see him beating Rua. So if he does win , they could sell it, but I don't know if he would be deserving just yet. It would be his first win against a top 10 fighter, I think Machida is next if he betas Nakamura impressively . Chuck has to beat Wandy and Jardine, Forrest should have to win 2 fights also.
jomatty
8/10/07 6:09:20AM
if he wins vs shogun then i think he gets winner of ortiz/ rashad for a title fight. i was watching some old fights of forrests and he actually looked really good int he overtime against monson and against horn. his jits was pretty decent vs horn.

all that said i htink shogun top 5 (number 3 imo ) P4P in the world and i dont see him losing
gspgnp
8/10/07 8:27:52AM
If Shogun is getting a title shot for beating Griffin, then Griffin should be awarded a title shot if he beats Shogun. Even if it was not in the UFC's, (or your guys) original plan. If Forrest beats someone of the likes of Shogun, that is not only a statement, that is legitimate proof that Forrest has risen his game to another level and is ready for the big time.

It is the same situation as Gonzaga. Crocop was supposed to get a title shot for beating Gonzaga, but obviously that did not pan out. So even though it was not originally in the UFC's or a huge number of fans plans, Gonzaga gets the title shot instead.
LR
8/10/07 9:55:57AM
If Forrest wins, and Chuck wins, I think we should see a Griffin vs. Liddell matchup to be the title contender. That's a 2nd fight for Griffin to prove himself in the LHW division. If he can win that, go ahead and do it. Or have him fight another semi-contender while Liddell takes on Rampage/Henderson.
Rua22
8/10/07 10:02:50AM
i can only agree with gsp that if Forrest were to win, it would only be right that he gets that title shot. true MMA fans understand what a win over a guy like CC or Shogun says about a fighter. to beat a calibur of fighter like those guys is trully something special.

.... and if Shogun loses, i will quite life.
MMA
8/10/07 10:04:21AM
Forrest has more than a puncher's chance to win against Shogun. Why don't people realize that? The Shogun nuthuggery is sickening ...
thepunisher
8/10/07 10:14:44AM
if Shogun loses to Forrest. Forrest should get a title shot

I rather not think about it though
Rua22
8/10/07 10:15:13AM
i agree with the first part of your statement, just don't really see him winning.
jocksmall
8/10/07 11:16:55AM
forrest will take a beating and show the difference between the good and the great
Twenty20Dollars
8/10/07 11:54:52AM

Posted by gspgnp

If Shogun is getting a title shot for beating Griffin, then Griffin should be awarded a title shot if he beats Shogun. Even if it was not in the UFC's, (or your guys) original plan. If Forrest beats someone of the likes of Shogun, that is not only a statement, that is legitimate proof that Forrest has risen his game to another level and is ready for the big time.

It is the same situation as Gonzaga. Crocop was supposed to get a title shot for beating Gonzaga, but obviously that did not pan out. So even though it was not originally in the UFC's or a huge number of fans plans, Gonzaga gets the title shot instead.

Yeah but Gonzaga was 3-0 in the UFC and all his fights were finished. Forrest doesnt have that. I dont think throwing Forrest in there for the title is good for business unless he beat another top guy to cancel that lose to jardine and poor preformance againest hector.
EBG
8/10/07 1:01:39PM
If Forrest beats Shogun, I can understand why he'd get a title shot so soon. He is one of UFC's most marketable fighters and pulled off an upset over one of the top P4P fighters in the World. That's all the excuse you need to give Forrest a shot at this point. Is he the most deserving though? No. But the UFC is a business, if Forrest beats Shogun, there will be a ton of momentum behind the guy and the draw for a Forrest vs. Champion bout would be huge.

That being said, if Chuck really needs two more wins, in terms of who deserves the next title shot... Personally, I say either the winner of Tito/Rashad or the winner of Nakamura/Machida. The first one seems much more likely if anything, though.
nubby
8/10/07 1:11:23PM
I've been calling a win by Forrest since the fight was announced. I really do believe that Forrest has what it takes to upset Shogun. I know I'm crazy for saying it.
StorminYourman
8/10/07 2:38:57PM
1 more win for Forrest after that against a quality oppenent then I would say he should be a viable #1 contender
Pitbull09
8/10/07 7:38:43PM
He def deserves one then, It would make the UFC money to have the TUF winner finally make it to get a title shot. I cant see how they couldnt/
cmill21
8/10/07 7:46:19PM
If he beats shogun he can beat anyone. So I guess he should get a title shot, but I'd like to see him fight liddell or the loser of rampage hendo
hardhitta513
8/10/07 10:25:05PM
i think he should but prolly wont
Ordep
8/10/07 11:28:22PM
I'll quit grad school and start to party all time since that would mean "The End is Near"
Linye
8/10/07 11:32:04PM
War Forrest!
Lay_N_Pray
8/11/07 12:31:23AM
I dont think if Forrest wins it would mean the end is near. I mean look at what Serra and Gonzaga and Remmy have done.

NO ONE IS SAFE...if Shogun doesnt come 100% ready he could find himself asking the same questions GSP asked himself after his fight.

Shogun looks like the real good pick...but Forrest has more then enough in him to pull of an upset without a doubt
kimoron
8/11/07 2:33:20AM
i guess im another of the few that think forrest has what it takes to beat shogun. he has an uphill battle ahead of him but it not like he's climbing everest despite what people may think. if forrest does do it then i say title shot.
keith-hackney1
8/11/07 5:10:57PM
Showgun is very beatable, he has shown several weakness pointers in his last two fights in pride, if forrest comes prepared, he could take it. showgun might take him lightly.
Pages: [1] 2