Lets just say it was a fluke

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lets just say it was a fluke
MFOTHER
8/5/08 11:31:43PM
the issue of whether or not the serra ko was a fluke or a lucky shot has been argued to death, but thinking about it .. lets just say it never happened and gsp won
would people still give fitch a chance?

If that were the case Gsp's rep would be bigger than it already is. His record would be 20whatever-and 1. That one loss would have been a few years ago, and to a prime matt hughes (his idol) in a title match. He then dominated hughes in the next two fights. So he would have a basically spotless record, and none of the crap about him not being able to defend his belt looming around him. He would have been the camp for over a year now, and assuming the fights he fought the ame fights , would have a few defenses.

I think people would be worshiping (more then they do) him like a silva and fedor, and be giving fitch less of a chance.

the point of this thread is not to bash fitch, he is a game competitor who im sure will be ready to fight.

the point of this thread was not to bash gsp in any way. He is a great champ, and i hope it stays that way come sat.
Twenty20Dollars
8/6/08 12:14:29AM
i dont think gsp would be touted any higher than he already is, if he beat serra the first time. Because it's matt serra, he should have beat him. And fitch would be given the same chance to win against gsp as he does now. Cus gsp hasnt defended the title against a well rounded fighter like fitch.
jocka
8/6/08 3:28:47PM
GSP will be even more acclaimed when he beats Fitch and ALves then he will own that division
aaa9erh8er
8/6/08 3:42:58PM
i honestly ould see fitch or even alves beating him maybe not right now but idkl man theres all three ******* monsters imo.
nickcuc547
8/6/08 3:55:58PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

i dont think gsp would be touted any higher than he already is, if he beat serra the first time. Because it's matt serra, he should have beat him. And fitch would be given the same chance to win against gsp as he does now. Cus gsp hasnt defended the title against a well rounded fighter like fitch.

he hasn't won a title defense, so the questions should be there. with that said his talent is ridiculous and he has beaten better guys than jon fitch.