Lets hear it for the ladies.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Lets hear it for the ladies.
ToeZup
6/1/08 3:18:09PM
I have to say Gina Carano and Kaitlin Young put on a great show last night. They are some tough chicks.
I know Gina didn't make weight and really didn't suffer any consequences for it but overall I think the ladies stole show.

Can I get a witness?

Gina Corano

Kaitlin Young

6/1/08 3:21:28PM
I'm not the type of person who likes women's sports, but i think that they showed the most skill out of any of the other fighters on the card
JimiMak
6/1/08 3:58:55PM
I love women's MMA. I'm really glad they had a women's match on the card, and that it was really good. Best exposure they could get.
Lockfrow
6/1/08 3:59:51PM
Unfortunately I think Kaitlin got the double shaft at that event. I think she should have been allowed to continue and I'm not sure she lost that fight. Props to her for taking the fight even though her opponent pulled a Lutter.Someone needs to update urban dictionary and add Carano to the definition of Lutter.
holt8081
6/1/08 4:45:17PM
ya they fought great I loved there intensity Gina had to give Young a % of her purse for not making waight, I wonder what that % was.
juanez13
6/1/08 4:55:07PM

Posted by holt8081

ya they fought great I loved there intensity Gina had to give Young a % of her purse for not making waight, I wonder what that % was.

12%, that what the athletic comission said, but i dont know how much that amounts to, since i dont know how much Gina Makes.
holt8081
6/1/08 4:57:46PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by holt8081

12%, that what the athletic comission said, but i dont know how much that amounts to, since i dont know how much Gina Makes.

That sucks all that over 4 1/2 lbs
jiujitsufreak74
6/1/08 5:16:34PM

Posted by holt8081

Posted by juanez13

Posted by holt8081

no...it doesn't suck. it is a just a deserved punishment. if you can't make the designated weight, you should be punished. and this is the 3rd time she has missed it. to make things worse, this weight class was invented just so she could make weight...which she missed. to miss a custom weight class by 4.5 lbs is a disgrace. making weight is part of your profession and if you can't fulfill that commitment you should be docked pay. it is completely and 100% fair and i am ashamed that she missed weight. i don't think you realize how much of a difference 4.5 lbs really makes. Gina should be ashamed of herself for not making weight again and it throughly disgusts me.
DCRage
6/1/08 5:59:38PM
Best fight of the night, their second round was one of the best rounds of any fight this year, too bad it was only 3 minutes. Give Kaitlin credit for not giving up at the end, I'll admit I was chanting "Tap! Tap! Tap!" when Gina had her in the choke. I didn't want Kaitlin to win but I'll admit that I'm a little more a fan of hers after her performance.
Jackelope
6/1/08 6:07:04PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by holt8081

Posted by juanez13

Posted by holt8081

no...it doesn't suck. it is a just a deserved punishment. if you can't make the designated weight, you should be punished. and this is the 3rd time she has missed it. to make things worse, this weight class was invented just so she could make weight...which she missed. to miss a custom weight class by 4.5 lbs is a disgrace. making weight is part of your profession and if you can't fulfill that commitment you should be docked pay. it is completely and 100% fair and i am ashamed that she missed weight. i don't think you realize how much of a difference 4.5 lbs really makes. Gina should be ashamed of herself for not making weight again and it throughly disgusts me.

I know you're a Carano hater, and I'm not gonna argue the points you bring up. She's not half as accomplished as certain other Women's MMA competitors, but you gotta admit she's got powerful hands and a sweet overhand right. She put on a helluva show, as did Kaitlin, and I think everyone's hats should definitely be off to them.

Back on to your argument- I 100% agree that missing weight is complete bullshit. Especially because she's done it several times. No one would look past it if it were done 3x by a male fighter. Look how much shit Travis Lutter got and he only did it once. So on that note I 100% agree with you that she should learn to make weight.
jiujitsufreak74
6/1/08 6:27:56PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by holt8081

Posted by juanez13

Posted by holt8081

I know you're a Carano hater, and I'm not gonna argue the points you bring up. She's not half as accomplished as certain other Women's MMA competitors, but you gotta admit she's got powerful hands and a sweet overhand right. She put on a helluva show, as did Kaitlin, and I think everyone's hats should definitely be off to them.

Back on to your argument- I 100% agree that missing weight is complete bullshit. Especially because she's done it several times. No one would look past it if it were done 3x by a male fighter. Look how much shit Travis Lutter got and he only did it once. So on that note I 100% agree with you that she should learn to make weight.

oh i'm not saying she isn't skilled. i was only commenting on her not making weight. i think she does have a good skill set, i was merely just complaining that it is inexcusable for a fighter to not make weight, especially 3 times and especially for your own custom weight class.
Jackelope
6/1/08 6:37:49PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by holt8081

Posted by juanez13

Posted by holt8081

oh i'm not saying she isn't skilled. i was only commenting on her not making weight. i think she does have a good skill set, i was merely just complaining that it is inexcusable for a fighter to not make weight, especially 3 times and especially for your own custom weight class.

It was kind of a cross thread shot at you from the other Carano thread you've got going on
breakdown5
6/1/08 8:07:42PM
Definitely one of the most interesting and exciting fights on the card. I was really looking forward to it and I feel that it delivered. Hopefully they can sign more females to challenge Gina (see Tara Larosa)
The_Notorious_ZIG
6/2/08 10:37:59AM
Lutter is not as hot as Gina !!