Lets put UFC 86 behind us.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lets put UFC 86 behind us.
POLL: Fight of the Night
GSP vs Jon Fitch 15% (6)
Kenny Florian vs Roger Huerta 60% (24)
Brock Lesnar vs Heath Herring 18% (7)
Jason MacDonald vs Demian Maia 5% (2)
Manny Gamburyan vs Rob Emerson 3% (1)
Violence108
7/7/08 4:57:50PM
Look at UFC 87 one on the best cards of the year so far
GSP vs Jon Fitch for the Title, i mean finally Jon gets hes shot , i am a big fan of both Jon and GSP so i cant pick a winner
Kenny Florian vs Roger Huerta , great fight right here i dont think that this fight will go all 3 rounds, i like Kenny in this fight he has better BJJ i think and i think that Roger is going to be a super tuf guy for Kenny but the winner of this fight is most deserving of a title shot
Brock Lesnar vs Heath Herring , i dont know way on the UFC.com fight poll Brock is so far ahead of Heath but i think Heath is a huge fav in this fight, i want Brock to do good in the UFC but come on Dana your killing your be draw with these fights give him so cans and some lower ranked fights 1st so he can get better
Jason MacDonald vs Demian Maia , another tuf test for Maia his is problay the best BJJ guy in the MW i think, and Jason i dont think will be able to hang with him on the ground i see this on going the way of Maia/Herman, but its good they are building up Demian with these tuf fights sooner or later he will be fighter for the title maybe like 2 or 3 more fights
Manny Gamburyan vs Rob Emerson , i dont know way this is on the main card this fight really means nothing in the LW divison right now i see Manny tapping Rob out farly quickly
theys should put the Cheick Kongo vs Dan Evensen the main card and take off Manny vs Rob it think, well didnt that take your mind off UFC 86
joshryanshepherd
7/7/08 5:01:31PM
i accidently voted for huerta and kenflo. but i think that fitch and gsp are goin all five rds with a bang!!!
mkiv9secsupra
7/7/08 5:09:49PM
GSP/Fitch is getting fight of the night. I think it will be three rounds of an all out war until someone gets finished
Maia is getting Submission of the night easily
And Kongo will probly get KO of the night.....if not him its going to be Herring with a big knee to Lesnars head to put him to sleep
juanez13
7/7/08 5:34:07PM
I think Brock Will beat Heath.

fight of the Night will be Huerta/Florian, both are gonna be very agressive and both are very hard to finish so it'll be a 3 round war and possible candidate for fight of the year.

GSP/Fitch i dont think will be fight of the night, i see this fight going like Koscheck/GSP.
Hogzilla
7/7/08 5:47:29PM
Yeh I'm down for putting 86 behind us, 87 should be free after that weak ass card!
EON
7/7/08 6:09:10PM
This was one of my least favorite events but i am ready for Silva to beat down Irvin and Fedor tap Sylvia
Jason-plata
7/7/08 6:15:17PM
GSP will take Jon Fitch out. I think in the 2nd round.
Heath Herring will beat Brock Lesnar.
Roger Huerta will take Kenny Florian out as well.
Rob Emerson will beat Manny. (he has too many physical weaknesses)
MoJoy
7/7/08 6:23:34PM
You will finally see how much better GSP is than everybody in that division. Looking at Jon Fitch's win streak does not tell the story. He never dominates anyone. Look at his last two fights, he had a lot of problems with Diego Sanchez. Well Diego is an excellent fighter. But Chris Wilson. Fitch almost lost that. This guy is no where no near GSP's level. Can you tell me where Fitch has the advantage. A year ago you would say wrestling. Now even that is a huge advantage for GSP. Striking, dont even need to go there. And I give a close edge in jujitsu to GSP. I see a dominating round 2 tko. The Fight of the night hear I guess will be Florian Huerta, which will be up there for fight of the year. I see either a clear Florian decision or a Florian round 2 or 3 sub. To me its an easy fight to call. Forget overall record. Look at the A level fighters they have fought so far. The one guy Huerta fought, almost beat him. Whereas Florian has looked like maybe the most improved fighter in all of MMA since the Sherk fight. How do we know Sherk was not juiced for that one also, btw. Since than he has been the most dominating dynamic Lightweight this side of BJ Penn.
sammyd1213
7/8/08 12:57:40AM

Posted by MoJoy

Can you tell me where Fitch has the advantage. A year ago you would say wrestling. Now even that is a huge advantage for GSP.

fonduktoe
7/8/08 3:32:02AM
roan carneiro almost had fitch as well
i agree that there is no one currently more deserving of a title shot in the ww division but this title shot will probably remind me of the nate quarry v rich franklin and joe riggs v matt hughes double header where both contenders were obviously out of their league
here's hoping the welterweight division doesn't become as inconsolable as the middleweight division currently is
nickcuc547
7/8/08 6:35:02PM
i think fitch vs. gsp will be a lot like kos vs. gsp with gsp being first to get a takedown, there for controlling the fight. florian and huerta put on a show every time they fight, i can't see any way this fight is not the early favorite for fight of the night.
sammyd1213
7/8/08 6:51:11PM

Posted by nickcuc547

i think fitch vs. gsp will be a lot like kos vs. gsp with gsp being first to get a takedown, there for controlling the fight. florian and huerta put on a show every time they fight, i can't see any way this fight is not the early favorite for fight of the night.

Im with you..Florian/Huerta is gonna be a barn burner..