Let us pick the Dream LW GP Final @ D5 - Heres how - Site Admin Comment Please?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Let us pick the Dream LW GP Final @ D5 - Heres how - Site Admin Comment Please?
POLL: Add 4 prospective Final Matchups to the Dream 5 picks??
Yes Please 83% (25)
No thankyou 17% (5)
tap_or_snap
7/4/08 8:07:33AM
Okay so no matter how the semis go down we have great fight for the Heiwa Dream LW GP Final and i personally want to pick on it.

"But how, Its on the same night as the semis?" i hear the usual suspects ask....
Simple; just add all 4 possible matchups to the "my Picks" page and only have the one that materializes count.

So, Aoki- Alvarez, Aoki-Kawajiri, Uno- Alvarez & Uno-Kawajiri to the picks page please mmaplayground?

Edit: i know only 17 people have voted but the percentage is overwehelming so can a member of the site admin comment on whether they are prepared to add the final matchups to the picks page please?
CornishMMA
7/4/08 8:51:42AM

Posted by tap_or_snap

Okay so no matter how the semis go down we have great fight for the Heiwa Dream LW GP Final and i personally want to pick on it.

"But how, Its on the same night as the semis?" i hear the usual suspects ask....
Simple; just add all 4 possible matchups to the "my Picks" page and only have the one that materializes count.

So, Aoki- Alvarez, Aoki-Kawajiri, Uno- Alvarez & Uno-Kawajiri to the picks page please mmaplayground?

HAS to happen and dont see any reason why it couldnt?
npayant
7/4/08 8:56:42AM
This is definitely a good idea!

I was thinking the same thing the other day, but couldn't figure out how to make it work...
wolfman
7/4/08 4:13:22PM
Sounds like a great idea to me.
tepid55
7/4/08 6:55:08PM
I think it's a good idea.
tap_or_snap
7/4/08 7:27:17PM
Bummer someone voted against it and didnt even bother to post their reasons why?? Come on dude step up to the plate please?
tap_or_snap
7/7/08 9:39:50AM
Bump.
rabbit915
7/7/08 5:58:47PM
I never thought of this solution but i think i may have found its undoing. I think it would require recoding of the betting system because some people might want to bet on the final but if that final doesnt materialize then their bet doesnt happen. I guess you could just let people bet at their own risk but that might make some people unhappy.

I still like the idea though.
tap_or_snap
7/7/08 6:33:37PM

Posted by rabbit915

I never thought of this solution but i think i may have found its undoing. I think it would require recoding of the betting system because some people might want to bet on the final but if that final doesnt materialize then their bet doesnt happen. I guess you could just let people bet at their own risk but that might make some people unhappy.

I still like the idea though.

Already thought of that just been waiting for someone to bring it up, its quite simple, either ban bets on the prospective finals or just bet at your own risk, if a certain final doesnt materialise you just get you stake back, if its part of your parley your accumilator is downsized and your odds recalculated.

This seems a good point to add reference to the hot bouts, either exclude the prospective four finals from being the hot bout or the next closest bout becomes the hot bout if a certain final doesnt materialise.

We have got the same situation coming up with the middleweight gp and the sengoku light weight tournament so it makes sense to sort somthing out.
Pookie
7/7/08 6:34:36PM
I like this idea.
jiujitsufreak74
7/7/08 8:46:45PM
i think this would be a great idea. hopefully we can get this in place
tap_or_snap
7/9/08 4:10:29PM
Bump MOD attention please!
emfleek
7/9/08 4:13:55PM
USE THE FEEDBACK LINK

Mods don't get a chance to read every thread.
Rush
7/9/08 4:14:23PM
I'm seeing this and support it. I will forward this to the powers that be. I don't think there is anything I can do about it directly and if there is, I haven't learned how to do it yet.
Rush
7/9/08 8:47:39PM
I forwarded the idea and the admin likes it. It's a question of whether the programmer can make it happen.
tap_or_snap
7/10/08 9:13:24AM

Posted by Rush

I forwarded the idea and the admin likes it. It's a question of whether the programmer can make it happen.

Awesome thanks rush.
Scott_Revels
7/11/08 4:13:26AM
I support this cause.