'Let's take a look at the Star Wars The Force Unleashed Replay"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » 'Let's take a look at the Star Wars The Force Unleashed Replay"
DoTheMMAth
9/17/08 8:25:56PM
Jesus Christ... Dana and Fertitas... I know this is a money making business, but did you have to make Joe say that?

What's next?

"Ok Lyoto, let's take a look at the UFC KFC Potato Bowl Bucket of Delicious awesome corn and gravy and chicken and potato combination that makes my toes tingle with delight and cholesterol replay of that rad decision victory!"
higdon10
9/17/08 8:55:28PM
i was thinking the same thing..
Mchubb316
9/18/08 12:00:38AM
Yeah it was a bit too much.
RampageOwnedYou
9/18/08 12:34:52AM
What was worse, was how Dana's huge announcement was that they are putting out a card on December 10th. wow....and whats worse, was Joe Rogan set it up, saying some HUUUUGE fights were set up, and not 1 was announced. Is it me or is Dana White getting more desperate to just let people down? Seems like he has something huge to say every week!

TWITA
9/18/08 5:31:43AM
well - they sponsored it (and probably paid a ton of $$$) so why not? No one ever complained when they said "Take a look at the Mickey's Replay" - it's the same thing.
ufcboss
9/18/08 6:37:50AM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

What was worse, was how Dana's huge announcement was that they are putting out a card on December 10th. wow....and whats worse, was Joe Rogan set it up, saying some HUUUUGE fights were set up, and not 1 was announced. Is it me or is Dana White getting more desperate to just let people down? Seems like he has something huge to say every week!

That was a big announcement! Another Free show! And for a good cause, What else do you want??
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/18/08 7:05:40AM

Posted by TWITA

well - they sponsored it (and probably paid a ton of $$$) so why not? No one ever complained when they said "Take a look at the Mickey's Replay" - it's the same thing.

can't argue with that
jocka
9/18/08 8:10:06AM

Posted by TWITA

Its normal that the sponsor gets his name out there since they pay for it the problem that people have in my opinion is the lenght of the sentence. With Mickey's its only a word easy to say and even sounds good when you say it but with yesterday's ones wow its 6 words and it sounded akward even Joe seemded to having problems saying it lol
stock
9/18/08 8:52:13AM

Posted by ufcboss

That was a big announcement! Another Free show! And for a good cause, What else do you want??

Back to the Star Wars the Force Unleashed Replay....

I love how they showed Neer taking Diaz's back when they were interviewing him after his win.
Diaz is like, "yeah, he took my back there. Whoops. Well I was able to get out of it."
RampageOwnedYou
9/18/08 10:56:23AM

It was the set up, on how Joe Rogan made it seem, some big fights were going to be announced. Then were just told a card is going to happen.

Im past getting excited for a free card....i mean, look at this past one 4 fights only shown. Im sorry but when they start making them BETTER, and LONGER. I aint going to jump out of my seat for Bisbing and Leben.

I was expecting a huge fight to be announced, but then again...dissapointed.
Solidus
9/18/08 11:16:29AM
You'd think they were signing Fedor. If I didnt know any better that's what I would have expected after a setup like that.
xtra_chewy
9/18/08 2:37:31PM
I definately think the KFC replay would be much better!

So they have endorsements and have to plug a few things here and there. Its America man.
ncordless
9/18/08 3:58:23PM
Yeah that was awkward. I kept wondering what the fighters were thinking when, after winning a fight, Joe Rogan comes up to them and starts off his conversation with something about Star Wars.

On a side rant, the UFC needs to do something about the "condom depot" on the butt craze. When I'm thinking of buying condoms, what a guy's butt says plays no part. In fact, I am less likely to buy a condom from a guy's butt than any other source.
Pookie
9/20/08 3:31:03PM

Posted by ncordless

On a side rant, the UFC needs to do something about the "condom depot" on the butt craze. When I'm thinking of buying condoms, what a guy's butt says plays no part. In fact, I am less likely to buy a condom from a guy's butt than any other source.

, the first time i saw it on gonzaga i busted out into hilarious cackle, but now its just getting a little gay.
JohnnyNapalm
9/22/08 12:52:10PM

Not only are MMA fans getting tired of being letdown by Dana's promises that always result in something less than HUGE but apparently his girlfriends are too.
Boo_Radley21
9/22/08 5:32:49PM
My favourite was the Rambo Replay.