Let us have some fun.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Let us have some fun.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
KungFuMaster
10/19/11 12:09:04PM
I greet elderly people and open doors for them and they say thank you to me.
KungFuMaster
10/19/11 12:12:10PM
I sometimes wash the dishes and give the kids a bath and expect nothing in return.
KungFuMaster
10/19/11 12:14:18PM
On my birthdays, my wife and the kids get presents and we do what they want.
KungFuMaster
10/19/11 12:16:41PM
When my boss tells me to do something, I do it with a smile.
emfleek
10/19/11 12:18:14PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I sometimes wash the dishes and give the kids a bath and expect nothing in return.

Sorry, but that doesn't make you a man. That makes you a dad. You're supposed to do those things and expect nothing in return.
KungFuMaster
10/19/11 12:52:51PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by KungFuMaster

Sorry, but that doesn't make you a man. That makes you a dad. You're supposed to do those things and expect nothing in return.

You are missing the point of this thread.
emfleek
10/19/11 12:56:46PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by emfleek

Posted by KungFuMaster

You are missing the point of this thread.

Maybe, but...

In this thread, post what manly thing you have done.

...the way you worded your post leads me to believe that there are times in which you *do* expect something in return. That's why I posted what I did.

Carry on now.
Rabi
10/19/11 1:35:32PM
As my name was mentioned in the first post, here are my manly deeds.

1. I platted my daughters hair ( as I do every morning).

2. I PM a girl on FB and asked her out for a drink this Saturday, (wait for it) she said yes GO ME
emfleek
10/19/11 1:39:08PM

Posted by Rabi

2. I PM a girl on FB and asked her out for a drink this Saturday, (wait for it) she said yes GO ME

Get it!
Rabi
10/19/11 1:41:18PM
Thanks LOL!
cowcatcher
10/19/11 1:47:04PM
I'll put a "good luck" here rather than the offensive comment I originally had up.
emfleek
10/19/11 1:50:48PM

Posted by cowcatcher

A quick trip to see Filho's supplier and I'd say it's in the bag.

Too soon?

:::erases "P-Filly" from cell phone contacts:::
cowcatcher
10/19/11 1:52:11PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

A quick trip to see Filho's supplier and I'd say it's in the bag.

Too soon?

:::erases "P-Filly" from cell phone contacts:::

So much for trying to edit that out.
KungFuMaster
10/19/11 2:03:42PM

Posted by Rabi

As my name was mentioned in the first post, here are my manly deeds.

1. I platted my daughters hair ( as I do every morning).

It's funny how we men have come up with ways to ask for sex.

Chris Rock did a special on how to ask women for sex. If you have not seen it, it is epic and I recommend it.

Good luck, Rabi - you little devil.
cowcatcher
10/19/11 2:06:40PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Crying uncontrollably until they give in to shut you up is my preferred method. On the plus side, they never spend the night when you take this approach.
KungFuMaster
10/19/11 2:45:30PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

Crying uncontrollably until they give in to shut you up is my preferred method.

That is manly and it fits this thread perfectly.
emfleek
10/19/11 2:53:24PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

You would think it wouldn't have to come to that. Afterall, cousins are family, too!

cowcatcher
10/19/11 3:17:21PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

You would think it wouldn't have to come to that. Afterall, cousins are family, too!

Family or not, no one wants to see a grown man cry.
emfleek
10/19/11 3:23:14PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Family or not, no one wants to see a grown man cry.

You sure about that?

jjeans
10/19/11 4:33:24PM

Posted by Rabi

HELLL YEAHHH
Rabi
10/19/11 4:34:45PM
Thanks Jay!
pmoney
10/19/11 5:07:05PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by pmoney

Manly Task #1 - Just got done working my 7:30pm-3:30am shift.

The schedule is terrible, and my woman and I hate it. Our work schedules leave us with no time together, no social lives, and little time to pursue any other endeavors. The money is good though, so I just say fuck it. The economy in the US isn't really getting better, so at least I'm getting my 40 hours a week and paying taxes for the 40+ million in this country on state aid. and I can walk to and from work if there were vehicle conflicts. It's only a 6 mile round trip.

Manly on all accounts. There is nothing worse than a schedule that sucks, regardless of how much you like your job or not. I work a rotating schedule. It spans 14 weeks and during that period I jump from a day shift (0600-1500) to a mid shift (1100-2000) to an afternoon shift (1500-0000), to an evening shift (1700-0200 or 1900-0400), and to a late shift (2100-0600). And that's just the first job. I've got some wicked turn-arounds coming off of those shifts and into my extra work hours.

As far as the economy being in the dumps; I here that too. My greatest fear is the inability to support my family. So I'm currently working three regular jobs (Full-time Sheriff's Deputy, part-time Police Officer at two different departments, and part-time IT professional at our local school). And I'm in the midst of studying to becomes a personal fitness trainer as well.

The bills are paid, kids are clothed, food is on the table. When I sleep, I sleep well. I am all that is man.

And here I was, wondering where you had been lately! It sounds like things are going well man, keep taking care of business bojangalz!
pmoney
10/19/11 5:43:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by KungFuMaster

You should never expect a reward for doing something you should be doing, or are obligated to do in the first place. This is the truth. But I believe that being a Dad makes you a man.

First off, there are Dads, and there are sperm donors. If Kung Fu Master is taking care of his family, feeding them, doing the chores and making the sacrifices so the women don't have to, that is him being a good dad. You can be the biological father of a child, but if you run out when your girl is knocked up, or after you already have kids, you are a sperm donor. A man will take care of his offspring (and 9 time out of 10 his baby mama) regardless of geographical location or other circumstance.

It sounds like we have a lot of great dads here. If you are good to your wife (or baby's mama) and kids, from my view, I don't know how you could be more of a man.
SpiderSilva
10/19/11 9:46:52PM
randomly grabbed mrsspidersilva's boobs threw out the day. She gets mad but I had to tell her thats what big boobies are for.

on another note I thought about mowing the lawn 1 last time for the year today

Filled my front left tire today

took a much needed afternoon nap and it felt good.
bojangalz
10/19/11 9:51:16PM

Posted by pmoney

And here I was, wondering where you had been lately! It sounds like things are going well man, keep taking care of business bojangalz!

Things are going very well. We don't carry any credit card debt, the student loans are almost paid, and typically if I see something I want I just go ahead and get it (within reason of course). The extra work allows us a bit of flexibility financially. We'd be able to make it on my full-time income alone; but it'd be tight. I've been able to take a few liberties with the pocket book (Harley and whatnot) that I wouldn't be able to otherwise. Fruits of the labor.

I've been going at this pace for about 6 years now. 65 hours/week is the average. Some of the previous part-time jobs I've had allowed me a bit more screen time. I was doing some private security there for a while (construction sites for copper theft prevention, factory closures, etc.). That afforded me a LOT more time in front of a computer screen. So I was around to post far more often. Now, I usually get on to make my picks, and read a few threads. But it's not often that I get time to contribute anything to the community. This site is still very much a part of my daily routine however.

warglory
10/19/11 9:53:51PM
I refused to let my team at work goad me into planning Halloween decorations.

Oh, and in relation to work, I'll mention that I am in charge of about 10 females in my office, and I really think they are all on the same cycle, because they all bitch and moan about the same time every month, and they bitch and moan thinking they can get away with it because I'm the only guy manager. That takes a fucking man to absorb that punishment and keep regulating!
Rabi
10/22/11 1:28:22PM
Date night has arrived, meeting her in 1 hr, wish me luck!
papercut
10/22/11 1:52:35PM
have fun Rabi hopefully its a good one for ya.

my manly achievement for the week is I hit a pb on every lift for my weight lifting regiment. (not just the big 3)
KungFuMaster
10/22/11 9:43:05PM
Rabi is not posting - you know what that means, boys? Rabi is channeling his innermost devil right now.
Pookie
10/23/11 6:47:39AM
I took my little sisters(10 & 7) to the "Harvest Festival" today. Which is really just a school event to raise money. The sneaky bastards.

Once there, you had to exchange money for tickets. The tickets were used for everything remotely fun. The little one, Cheyenne, ran around giggling, calling the ghost people stupid before fleeing at the slightest spook. Rina, the mighty 10 year old, made it her business to collect as many tokens as she could with the tickets she had. Tokens were given for excellence in ticket games like "throw the ball in the hole" and a personal favorite of mine, "Hold your breath longer than everyone". Needless to say, with my grown man lung capacity; i dominated the field. Also, these "tokens" were really just pen slashes on a cut-out. Tokens, pffft.

By the time we were out of money Rina had managed to get 54 tokens, 21 short of the multi-directional chinese finger trap she had set her eyes on earlier. Cheyenne had acquired around 25. The perfect amount for the whoopie cushion she had fallen in love with at first sight.

And so, i went to work. Big Brother time. I waited for the lady at the front desk to get bored enough where doing her job well wasnt a priority anymore, and i slipped my hand in her bucket and pulled out around 80 tickets. I spread them to the children, gave 10 to myself and gave them a hushed wink. RIna understood and smiled. Cheyenne gave a look of awe which slowly subsided and transmuted into a look of mischief.

Next i took one of the teachers pen's, and slashed rina and cheyenne's cut out to 200 tokens each. Ballin'. And preceeded to the cake-raffle with my 10 tickets. 10 times i entered, and to no avail. Each time my plans of bringing home a cake was foiled. Once by a kid who mistook a 9 for a 6, another by adult imcompetence. But most of the time by my sheer magnitude of bad Karma. So i decided to say fuck it. I grabbed a cake and left. I knew that number was a 9, i don't need someone else to give me the go ahead.

And so we made it to the token return at the end, with a fresh oreo cake in hand. Rina got her finger trap, some jewerly and a Tom Selleck mustache. Cheyene got 7 whoopie cushions and a Tom Selleck mustache. And i got a some fake tattoo's and a Supremely thick, Burt Reynolds mustache. We walked around town looking like mexican gangsters with our mustaches, beanies, and temporary tattoes across our necks.

Then lastly, we went and snuck some soda from Mcdonalds, all the while looking ridiculous. But the workers laughed, didn't notice the sneak, and before i left i got a cute mexican girls number. She was digging our mustached mexican swag.

And so that was my day, that and playing Yu-gi-oh on my computer when i got home. Great day.

Prologue: I never really stole anything as a minor, at anytime whatsoever. Not that i didn't want to, i just was too wary. Cautious. Trepidatious, even. But, now as an adult it feels good to get away with the sneakiness. Not because i never experienced it as a child, well maybe that too, but because it's the kids that end up getting the shit. and that just feels right. Plus, it freaks them out when i'm in action, because they're nervous of me getting caught. And that makes them not want to steal. Somehow. Woo-hoo!

Moral - Doing things for others will make you feel better about yourself. Put others first and you get more out of life. , even if it means risking your own ass just to make the one's closest to you smile.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4