Let us bet on Dream 3 - we've still got an hour or so

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Let us bet on Dream 3 - we've still got an hour or so
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Jipper
5/11/08 12:36:36AM
Apparently I missed the window I never knew existed. I'm extremely !!!
Svartorm
5/11/08 12:59:52AM
Sorry dudes, I was at work, and don't have control over that stuff anyways. I had no idea we were doing wagers, until Hippy called me at work and let me know.

Its a pain doing Japanese promotions as you can never find an accurate start time for these things. I'm convinced they don't even know what it is, considering they don't have their cards finalized until the last minute anyways.

Sorry to folks who didn't get their wagers in in time.
chubbud22
5/11/08 1:01:39AM

Posted by Svartorm

Sorry dudes, I was at work, and don't have control over that stuff anyways. I had no idea we were doing wagers, until Hippy called me at work and let me know.

Its a pain doing Japanese promotions as you can never find an accurate start time for these things. I'm convinced they don't even know what it is, considering they don't have their cards finalized until the last minute anyways.

Booooooooooooooooooooo

Just jokin man its all good
Kracker_Jap
5/11/08 1:28:45AM

Posted by Svartorm

I remember you saying this.....

"This happens at least once or twice a season in the secondary league. If there isn't a reasonable amount of time between events (usually 48 hours), we don't allow wagers for the second event, so no wagers will be available for Dream 3. "

But yet you still got your picks in

Too bad I think your gonna miss your parley you could donate all your funds to those of us that listened to you.......

FYI not trying to be an ass but do hold your statments higher than the average poster because your a Mod....
wolfman
5/11/08 1:30:41AM

Posted by Svartorm

I appreciate your concern. However, I think since an overwhelming majority of participants were unable to make wagers for Dream 3 the wagers should be canceled. There should at least be a vote or something, as there was only one person in the top 50 who was able to get their wagers in. Anyways, I just think it is unfair and something needs to be done. If the wagers cannot be overturned, that is fine. I just think that those of us who didn't get to make wagers are getting the shaft. I'm glad some people got to make wagers, it just sucks for the rest of us.
Svartorm
5/11/08 2:01:27AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Svartorm

I remember you saying this.....

"This happens at least once or twice a season in the secondary league. If there isn't a reasonable amount of time between events (usually 48 hours), we don't allow wagers for the second event, so no wagers will be available for Dream 3. "

But yet you still got your picks in

Too bad I think your gonna miss your parley you could donate all your funds to those of us that listened to you.......

FYI not trying to be an ass but do hold your statments higher than the average poster because your a Mod....

Thats how we did it last season, but we're under new Admin, and I guess we're doing it different this time. Like I said, I had no clue until like 20 minutes before the wagers closed, and thats only because Hippy was nice enough to call me at work so I could get my kick-ass parley in there I'm sure with my $600 bankroll, I'll take this season easily.

I'm not sure how this will be handled, as its totally out of my hands, but if you have a concern about the time available to put in wagers, just put it here and I'm sure the site owner and admin will see it.

LightsOut33093
5/11/08 10:21:46AM
That was terrible, why would the mods let people wager on Dream 3? Extremely unfair to the large majority of people who weren't on at that time to update their wagers.
beerman77
5/11/08 12:34:01PM
cry me a river. . . i sent you a text need to learn to look at your phone, ,
Kracker_Jap
5/11/08 12:48:57PM

Posted by beerman77

cry me a river. . . i sent you a text need to learn to look at your phone, ,

You finally make a post on here....

and its only to talk S to me

Your lucky that is all
wolfman
5/11/08 1:34:15PM

Posted by LightsOut33093

That was terrible, why would the mods let people wager on Dream 3? Extremely unfair to the large majority of people who weren't on at that time to update their wagers.

I got in the top ten and I didn't even wager. Seriously, what a joke...
beerman77
5/11/08 3:06:09PM
their is always people that miss their wagers . . one way or another. i think i made mine at 330 pm. . i think that is plenty of time to get out of bed, and look at your computer,, on a sat, , of all days.
backalley101
5/11/08 4:14:28PM

Posted by wolfman

Weak...I didn't get to bet. This sucks ass.

Me 2
Kracker_Jap
5/11/08 5:09:20PM
So when does the Beerman get his badge????

He beat the 2nd place guy by over $30,000

War 360 Mafia.....
Mayhem13
5/11/08 5:40:47PM
crap..oh well..I will make up for it at W VR
wolfman
5/11/08 6:17:26PM

Posted by beerman77

their is always people that miss their wagers . . one way or another. i think i made mine at 330 pm. . i think that is plenty of time to get out of bed, and look at your computer,, on a sat, , of all days.

Yeah, that is obvious....Yet, with this event the majority missed wagers. Most didn't check because we were told we wouldn't be able to. So, most felt there was no need to check and when I checked I was unable to. It's over and done with, but I think Hippysmacker needs to do some explaining. There should have been an announcement or PM sent to give us a fair warning, but there wasn't. Good job with your wagers though, lucky bastard.
robnashville
5/11/08 7:11:19PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by beerman77

Yeah, that is obvious....Yet, with this event the majority missed wagers. Most didn't check because we were told we wouldn't be able to. So, most felt there was no need to check and when I checked I was unable to. It's over and done with, but I think Hippysmacker needs to do some explaining. There should have been an announcement or PM sent to give us a fair warning, but there wasn't. Good job with your wagers though, lucky bastard.

yeah.... i was online at the time and was able to wager..but there was only like a 40 minute window from the time they opened up the wagering til it was locked out.

they should have just taken these two events and made a doubleheader out of it, essentially collapsing them into one event. svartom said there were programming issues if they tried it some other way. do a doubleheader that has the picks for both events on the same page, and for wagering list odds for both events on the same page, with the ability to parlay from either or both cards. with the events this close, do the lock out for this 5 hours before the first event and extending until the end of the second.... prizes and badges would not be issued for each show but for how well you did on both combined. just an idea
FrankTheTank1181
5/11/08 8:43:26PM

cry me a river. . . i sent you a text need to learn to look at your phone,

Haha I got that text too with like 2 minutes left to bet. But I had to drop a deuce so I had to keep my priorities straight. I'm not sure why everyone is so upset, I mean after all it's the secondary league when most of the pics are guesses anyways.
Shawn91111
5/11/08 9:29:18PM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

cry me a river. . . i sent you a text need to learn to look at your phone,

Haha I got that text too with like 2 minutes left to bet. But I had to drop a deuce so I had to keep my priorities straight. I'm not sure why everyone is so upset, I mean after all it's the secondary league when most of the pics are guesses anyways.

You're missing the point, the whole thing i for fun secondary and mainleague. Everyone who had missed out which is a damn good majority and according to Wolfman only 1 or 2 in the top 50 in wagers got to bet. It all comes down to whats fair and whats not regardless if its the secondary league or not.
orangetrashface
5/12/08 12:17:41AM
This never would have been a problem if DREAM 3 was in the main league like PRIDE was.
Svartorm
5/12/08 2:02:29AM
If Dream announced their fights more than two days beforehand and actually held weigh-ins, they would be in the Primary league. Until then, they're in the secondary.

Once again, sorry about the confusion here, but if you guys look at the results, literally 4 people made money here. I'm not sure if that money is being deleted or what, but its not like this completely destroyed anyones season, and in fact I'm sure most of you are better off than you were before with everyone that got sunk on their parleys and wagers. Hell, I dropped $600, so that had to have helped some of you guys.
Shawn91111
5/12/08 2:55:22AM

Posted by Svartorm

If Dream announced their fights more than two days beforehand and actually held weigh-ins, they would be in the Primary league. Until then, they're in the secondary.

Once again, sorry about the confusion here, but if you guys look at the results, literally 4 people made money here. I'm not sure if that money is being deleted or what, but its not like this completely destroyed anyones season, and in fact I'm sure most of you are better off than you were before with everyone that got sunk on their parleys and wagers. Hell, I dropped $600, so that had to have helped some of you guys.

Mess up some of your picks for WVR and that will make me feel a bit better ...only like 7 points seperates a bunch of people from getting into the top 10 for the season
chubbud22
5/12/08 3:59:27AM
Oh well its over everyone get over it
Kracker_Jap
5/12/08 4:04:59AM

Posted by Svartorm

I'm not sure if that money is being deleted or what, but its not like this completely destroyed anyones season, .

why would you delete peoples money??? Its not their fault they made their bets and won

But this is definetly something to learn from....

Give Beerman his badge he made good bets anyhow
chubbud22
5/12/08 4:09:07AM
Its likely your boy would not even have a badge if everyone else could have made there wager
CornishMMA
5/12/08 5:09:09AM
I didnt come on to check becausei i was reliably informed that a MOD had said they would NOT have wagers for this, im pisssed off but would be even more pisssed off if i was in contention for winning

Its not just for fun theres a real $200 up for grabs for the season wager winner! and no doubt that winner has now changed from missing these wagers

weak, new admin need to do a better job imo, i mean FFS there wasnt even anything about it on the site news main page!!!!!!!!!!!!
wolfman
5/12/08 10:38:30AM

Posted by Svartorm

Yeah, but I was going to drop a lot of money on Alvarez...I had him picked to win and wanted to wager on him.
DoTheMMAth
5/12/08 12:20:07PM

Posted by CornishMMA

weak, new admin need to do a better job imo, i mean FFS there wasnt even anything about it on the site news main page!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was 100% my fault for happening. Please direct all your hate PM's to me. I am sorry guys, I botched this one, no excuses.

In the interest of fairness the wagers for this event have been deleted. Beerman77 still gets the top earner badge however.
hippysmacker
5/12/08 2:09:09PM
It's not entirely his fault. I now know how to reset the time if this happens again though.
beerman77
5/12/08 7:58:03PM
well being the only one to make any real money on this whole deal. .it sucks to loose it . the badge is great, thanks on that. . and your right about every one else not winning or loosing their money. the fact is i won almost 35k . regardless. . . so pretty sure i would have moved up a few places was in 15th prob would have broke the top ten for sure but, it dont matter now . .at least i got a badge out of the screw up...
CornishMMA
5/14/08 6:30:39AM
its a real shame for beerman and the people who made money out of it but for the purposes of a fair level playing field i think they had to be reset so well done mods hopefully we wont have 2 events a few hours apart again OR yo can maybe work out a system to make wagers for multiple events
Pages: 1 [2] 3