Why not let Arlovski fight?!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Why not let Arlovski fight?!
SmileR
12/26/07 7:37:14PM
I think the UFC should let him fight an if he wins give him the money he deserves, if not they have a better bargaining chip.

I may be bias but Andrei Arlovski is one of, if not the most exciting fighters of the past 10 years in mma!
I'll admit if i was a woman i would marry this man, but how can people say his fights are boring and he's past his prime!

His only losses in the past in the past 5 years are to Tim Sylvia (who admittedly picked him apart in the second fight, but passed out 3 or 4 times after their 3rd fight with a concussion after another boring decision, after Arlovski was hurt in the third)

If given the chance to fight he could seriously challenge for the HW title. With Couture's contract problems the HW devision is stagnating.

Come on who doesn't want to see Arlovski Vs Cro Cop, Gonzaga or Big Nog!

The point of this thread really is I want to see Arlovski fight!!!

Also he knocked out Paul Buentello in 15 seconds! I just thought i'd put that in.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
juanez13
12/26/07 7:43:11PM
they are not letting him fight becuase he has 1 fight left in his contract, and they are negotiating a new contract, so if they dont come to terms in a new contract they wont let him fight his last fight, by doing that they are making him wait for a long time before his contract expires, so by that time the casual UFC fan wont remember him so when aother company signs him there wont be that much hype sorrounding him, unlike if he was to fight his last fight in the UFC, tha sign to another company where there would be alot more hype since he had fought recently........so if they dont come to terms in a new contract, its smart for the UFC to make him wait, rough but smart.....but from the rumors of his management it seems he will stay with the UFC
DangerousDjohn
12/26/07 7:43:52PM
I'd much rather see him fight than that fat lard Sylvia again. I cant stand him and I hope Big Nog Knocks Him the _ _ _ _ Out ...well a tap out will work
Kpro
12/27/07 2:09:08AM

I'll admit if i was a woman i would marry this man,

or if it were socially acceptable for you to do so as a man ?
CornishMMA
12/27/07 5:41:21AM
/\ LOL

AA is oddly still overrated, its kinda weird cos you would think people would of realised he really aint that good compared too all the PRIDE HW's that came over, i think he is exciting a good striker but his weak chin and his susceptibility to takedowns means he will never ever be a champ again

And he can fight if he wasnt so god damned greedy without any cause to be! he doesnt deserve a pay rise why he is asking for one is beyond me? if he wants to fight he canm fight but he clearly doesnt!
Purge
12/27/07 6:23:53AM
the contract rumor is bullshit, more then 6 months to negotiate 1 contract, yeah right
SmileR
12/27/07 2:24:44PM

Posted by Kpro

I'll admit if i was a woman i would marry this man,

or if it were socially acceptable for you to do so as a man ?

Yes... yes i would!
Kpro
12/27/07 2:40:48PM
me too.

I was just clarifying.
jgordon85
12/27/07 2:58:17PM
i want to see him fight. it is the perfect time for him to come back. the people who like arlovski over rate him and the people who dont like him under rate him. he is a good fighter with a future. there are some good and entertaining matchups right now if he comes back now.

the contract issues are very sketchy he says that he is not waiting for his contract to expire and wants to fight in the ufc. he also said that he wants the same pay and no pay raise. so i do not know something does not add up.
but he should come back if he really wants to fight.

GO ARLOVSKIYAAAHHHHHH
candynuts
12/27/07 3:09:09PM

Posted by DangerousDjohn

I'd much rather see him fight than that fat lard Sylvia again. I cant stand him and I hope Big Nog Knocks Him the _ _ _ _ Out ...well a tap out will work

I didnt know Matt Hughes was a member on this forum.
Welcome Mr. Hughes!
keith-hackney1
12/27/07 6:32:39PM

Posted by juanez13

they are not letting him fight becuase he has 1 fight left in his contract, and they are negotiating a new contract,

Thats right, and in the new contract AA wants all ufc fighters to wear tighter pants so their ****s look even bigger than they do now !!!
Purge
12/28/07 9:35:29AM

Posted by candynuts

Posted by DangerousDjohn

I didnt know Matt Hughes was a member on this forum.
Welcome Mr. Hughes!

LMAO "made in America".
Hurricane_Brad
12/29/07 2:04:22PM
Yeah, I don't know what the UFC's deal is. There's no excuse for keeping Arlovski out of the mix for so long.
jocksmall
12/29/07 3:49:33PM

Posted by juanez13

they are not letting him fight becuase he has 1 fight left in his contract, and they are negotiating a new contract, so if they dont come to terms in a new contract they wont let him fight his last fight, by doing that they are making him wait for a long time before his contract expires, so by that time the casual UFC fan wont remember him so when aother company signs him there wont be that much hype sorrounding him, unlike if he was to fight his last fight in the UFC, tha sign to another company where there would be alot more hype since he had fought recently........so if they dont come to terms in a new contract, its smart for the UFC to make him wait, rough but smart.....but from the rumors of his management it seems he will stay with the UFC

its unethical and when companies treat employees badly it always has an adverse long term affect on their business. guys will start putting timetables in their contract. arlowski will be remembered no matter where he fights. only tough fans believe all of the ufc propaganda. he was the best thing since sliced bread when he was in the ufc and he will be a big loser somewhere else according to the ufc. i think the ufc believes that its audience is ignorant and by reading some of the posts online at this site and others maybe they are right. because joe rogan or dana white says the ufc guy X is the best doesnt make it so. true mma fans know that we can argue over the order but their are plenty of top fighters in other organizations. its also funny how the ufc acts like a guy stinks then tries to sign him and if they get him hes great if they dont then they never wanted him and hes terrible
JimiMak
12/29/07 4:33:16PM
^^^ there are time tables. only tuf newbs who discover tuf isn't that good try to talk so harshly about telling UFC how to negotiate contracts when none of us really knows what's going on.

Is that a good response in the demeanor you were using? Fact is we don't know what is what, and i think it is irresponsible the amount fans are brought into what supposedly goes on behind closed doors. Everyone seems to tell dana how everything he does is wrong, yet there's only one major org that has stood the test of time.
HeadhunterRed
1/1/08 2:19:04AM
there pretty stupid for not giving arlovski a shot at Nog instead of sylvia, or at least giving arlovski another fight to fight the winner

i've heard that arlovski plans to renegotiate his contract or fight his last contracted fight and says "i plan on fighting soon"
hippysmacker
1/1/08 4:28:16AM

Posted by SmileR

I think the UFC should let him fight an if he wins give him the money he deserves, if not they have a better bargaining chip.

I may be bias but Andrei Arlovski is one of, if not the most exciting fighters of the past 10 years in mma!
I'll admit if i was a woman i would marry this man, but how can people say his fights are boring and he's past his prime!

His only losses in the past in the past 5 years are to Tim Sylvia (who admittedly picked him apart in the second fight, but passed out 3 or 4 times after their 3rd fight with a concussion after another boring decision, after Arlovski was hurt in the third)

If given the chance to fight he could seriously challenge for the HW title. With Couture's contract problems the HW devision is stagnating.

Come on who doesn't want to see Arlovski Vs Cro Cop, Gonzaga or Big Nog!

The point of this thread really is I want to see Arlovski fight!!!

Also he knocked out Paul Buentello in 15 seconds! I just thought i'd put that in.

I understand your points, and partially sympathize with the spirit of what your saying. . However, they gave AA a champions contract and he has been a co-headliner in 2 of his last 3 fights in which the fans booed. I do not wish to see him get rewarded for fighting in a way that looked scared and tentative to me .I don't know how long you have been into MMA, but this reminds me of the Pedro Rizzo contract. They gave him the biggest deal in the UFC , at the time of his rematch with Couture, and he did not perform well after. Sometimes people are in it for the money first. Other wise so many pro Foootball, baseball, baskeball etc. athletes wouldn't play their best in a contract year. I beleive AA is a prime example of this. I feel cheated by the way he has performed lately, and I don't wish to see him .rewarded for it. The UFC also rewards guys who over perform their contracts with huge bonuses, some as high as half a million, so I don't feel bad for AA in this case. To make it clear ,this is a case to case basis thing with me, and I think AA is undeserving.

telnights
1/1/08 4:29:13AM
I think its funny how some people are blaming the UFC. When truth is none of us have a clue why he isn't fighting really. Could be many reason. Maybe he wants a new contact signed before his next fight or maybe UFC wants new contract before his next fight. Maybe UFC wasn't happy with his last fight and is holding out. Maybe he is asking for way to much on his next contract and UFC his letting him sit for a while. Maybe he wants more money than the UFC is offering him and he is choosing to sit for a while. Could be that his management is stupid. But I can tell you one thing don't take anything that the UFC or AA says as truth. We all should have learned this from the hole Randy issue both the UFC and Randy were full of it.
HeadhunterRed
1/1/08 6:23:41AM
i have a hunch he'll be back to his old ways, look at the fighters hes looked bad against

Tim Sylvia...could make alot of good HW's look bad with his reach and striking, saying arlovski's chin is bad is asinine, if you get hit on the button you go down....unless your cabbage

Fabricio Werdum...werdum set the pace for that fight not being aggressive either, arlovski once again had to be tentative to the strictly ground fighter in werdum
...if you think he looked bad in the cruz fight your crazy he got the KO what do you want?

i noticed that the ufc was giving arlovski weird fights with ground fighters after his 2nd loss to sylvia WHICH HE SHOULD HAVE WON BY DECISION
theman209
1/1/08 8:33:32AM
I think it was contractual obligations. He only has one fight left on his contract. However, it's been recently reported that Arlovski will fight in the next couple of months. This might indicate he's inked a new deal. It's been quite a while since he last fought and it'd be nice to see him back in there.
DoctorKilljoy
1/1/08 5:50:36PM
if he comes back to his old way of reckless abandon he'll be champ again