Let's go ahead and get it out of the way

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Let's go ahead and get it out of the way
« Previous Page
POLL: Who won?
Henderson 32% (23)
Edgar 68% (49)
Kpro
8/12/12 12:39:53PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

I had it 49-46 Edgar.

I know for sure I won't have that score. I just finished the third round and have it 29-28 Henderson with the 4th round about to start.
Kpro
8/12/12 12:51:41PM
Why does Fightmetric even try. They just showed to start the 4th round that Henderson has landed 52 strikes to Edgar's 38 through 3 rounds. Fightmetric's website shows that they were at 34-34 after 3. They need better quality control on Fightmetric reports.
Kpro
8/12/12 1:00:53PM
I have it 38-38 going into the 5th.
Kpro
8/12/12 1:12:24PM
I scored their first fight 49-46 Henderson and this one 48-47 Edgar.

In a ONE FC scoring system I'd score both for Henderson as his strikes are noticeably much more powerful and damaging than Frankie's.

Either way, I'm glad we can move on to Diaz vs. Henderson.
Twenty20Dollars
8/12/12 1:28:44PM

Posted by sparky

Frankie clearly won that fight, I'm getting absolutely tired of bad decisions there happening more and more now. Can we just get a card with no fuckin mistakes

There was nothing clear about that fight, neither guy did much of anything to say either should have won hands down.
george112
8/12/12 2:41:06PM
I personally weigh heavier shots more then a lot of lighter shots. Of course I don't mean that if the margin is not reasonable.

Edgar won to some. Hendo won too some.

I'm just glad its over and done with already. I'm ready for the division to get rolling again.

Even though I don't think Diaz can win I think he's gonna put on a great fight
sparky
8/12/12 5:38:52PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by sparky

Frankie clearly won that fight, I'm getting absolutely tired of bad decisions there happening more and more now. Can we just get a card with no fuckin mistakes

There was nothing clear about that fight, neither guy did much of anything to say either should have won hands down.

Frankie won 4 rds in my opinion. I had him taking the fight 49-46 I understand if you have it 48-47 but to have Henderson winning I dont understand at all. To me thats a bad decision and it seems like every card now there is some questionable calls again that's just how I feel
Kpro
8/12/12 7:55:55PM
Wrong Thread......
pmoney
8/12/12 8:42:44PM
I still didn't get to watch the fight in any decent quality worthy of judging, but I do know this: Frankie landed better shots, had more control, and more sub attempts.

Oh and I found this:

infestructure
8/12/12 10:32:44PM
Loved Bendo's capoeira kick from the ground. Wasn't quite as good as the upkick from the first fight but it was freakin sweet.
All in all I thought Edgar won (I picked Bendo), but the stats and the judges say Bendo won. I also must say Benson landed better strikes.
I would have like to see them go for another couple of rounds.
I'm glad the division is finally moving, and I hope Edgar moves down.

Michael_Corleone
8/12/12 10:41:19PM
I was surprised when Buffer announced Henderson the winner. I thought for a second that it was going to end up a draw. I believe that if Frankie had fought this way in the first fight he would't have lost in Japan. Super close fight, but I think the best thing that comes from this is the extreme possibility that within the next year we will see ALDO VS EDGAR!!!!!
Kpro
8/12/12 10:57:02PM
I think that the high altitude did affect Henderson and he won't admit it. He said in the press conference that his corner kept telling him to push the pace in the last three rounds and he said he `easily could've but didn't, and felt he should've.` That sounds to me like he couldn't have pushed it more than he did but he doesn't want his cardio questioned. But unless he fights at a high altitude again like that, it doesn't matter anyways.
aussiemma
8/12/12 11:49:03PM
edgar's best chance of winning a title again is in the lw division, i just cant picture him getting passed aldo.
Kpro
8/12/12 11:52:02PM

Posted by aussiemma

edgar's best chance of winning a title again is in the lw division, i just cant picture him getting passed aldo.

I don't know, Aldo's cardio in the championship rounds is not that great. He may outgrow 145 by the time Frankie gets a title shot assuming his cardio issues are weight-cutting related, and if he doesn't, I wouldn't want to start running out of energy with 5-10 minutes left in a 5 rounder against Edgar.
aussiemma
8/12/12 11:59:44PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by aussiemma

I don't know, Aldo's cardio in the championship rounds is not that great. He may outgrow 145 by the time Frankie gets a title shot assuming his cardio issues are weight-cutting related, and if he doesn't, I wouldn't want to start running out of energy with 5-10 minutes left in a 5 rounder against Edgar.

yeah i agree with you about the cardio issue, but when i picture the fight in my head i see frankie getting ko'd early.

Pookie
8/13/12 1:45:23AM
Those leg kicks of Aldo's will do a number on Edgar, considering Edgar's lateral movement is what bewilders most of his opponents.
cowcatcher
8/13/12 2:08:02AM
I re-watched the fight today and instead of the 49-48 I originally had for Edgar, I thought he won 48-47, but it was so close that I'm absolutely fine with the decision. Totally different wavelength here, but my buddy said he'd like to see Dominic Cruz and Edgar fight and although it won't happen, I was pretty intrigued by the thought of that fight.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/13/12 6:05:24AM

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Kpro

Posted by aussiemma

yeah i agree with you about the cardio issue, but when i picture the fight in my head i see frankie getting ko'd early.

This. Frankie has a pretty notable history of getting rocked. Aldo is a fighter that will finish you when you're rocked. I like the idea of the fight, but I think Aldo will beat Edgar before Aldo runs out of gas.

Frankie tends to get stronger as the fight progresses. He's a slow starter. Not in the sense of his energy level, but more along the lines of momentum. Edgar has had shaky starts in at least his last 4 fights. I can't really remember his first two fights with B.J., but I think he did okay in those first rounds.

That said, he is lucky he wasn't finished in the first round against Maynard. His 1st round against Maynard in their 3rd fight wasn't all that impressive either. We obviously know how both 1st rounds against Bendo looked. That's not really a luxury you can afford with Aldo.
Kpro
8/13/12 6:39:06AM
Aldo couldn't finish Faber, Hominick, or Florian in 25 minutes. 3 of his 5 defenses have gone the distance and to lesser opponents so I'm not sure why anyone would assume that Aldo would finish him before he were to gas making it irrelevant. Sure it could happen but the odds are worse than a coin flip. I'd put money on Frankie still standing there to start a 4th round.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/13/12 6:45:33AM

Posted by Kpro

Aldo couldn't finish Faber, Hominick, or Florian in 25 minutes. 3 of his 5 defenses have gone the distance and to lesser opponents so I'm not sure why anyone would assume that Aldo would finish him before he were to gas making it irrelevant. Sure it could happen but the odds are worse than a coin flip. I'd put money on Frankie still standing there to start a 4th round.

Fair enough. I just question Frankie's ability to avoid a big shot from Aldo.
Pages: 1 [2]