Let's go ahead and get it out of the way

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Let's go ahead and get it out of the way
Next Page »
POLL: Who won?
Henderson 32% (23)
Edgar 68% (49)
FastKnockout
8/12/12 12:55:34AM
Close fight. Who do YOU think won the title?
kopower
8/12/12 12:57:55AM
I picked Bendo, but thought Edgar won a UD or SD. I don't see where Bendo took 3 rounds. As always, I would have to go back and watch.
tcunningham
8/12/12 1:00:02AM
edgar won. i was a little disappointed with bendo's performance. that last round should have lost him that fight. it seemed like he had much more killer instinct in the first fight, this fight was a "make sure not to lose" type of fight. bummer for edgar too. at least we can move on. diaz will at least bring some interesting drama into the next fight. i would like to see a sub by diaz.
FastKnockout
8/12/12 1:00:53AM
Hope none of the judges were paying attention to Joe. Henderson wasn't "shaking" Edgar's body with each punch. The kicks he was spot on about, obviously.

EDIT: Something else that annoyed me about Joe tonight.

(Henderson/Edgar 3rd round)

"Close round. Not sure who to give it to. Guess Edgar"

That's when you score the round 10-10.

aussiemma
8/12/12 1:01:36AM

Posted by kopower

I picked Bendo, but thought Edgar won a UD or SD. I don't see where Bendo took 3 rounds. As always, I would have to go back and watch.

yeah same, i gave it 3-2 edgar in the round count.

i think whenever a fight is as un-decisive as that it should always benefit the champ.
Twenty20Dollars
8/12/12 1:02:02AM
I hate LW.
Budgellism
8/12/12 1:04:55AM
Edgar should have won but he shouldn't have gotten the rematch in the first place. Have him fight The Cerrone/Pettis winner for the next shot after Diaz.
Franklinfan47
8/12/12 1:06:39AM
I personally had it for Edgar but cant get too upset over it based on how close it was.
Poor_Franklin
8/12/12 1:10:52AM

Posted by Budgellism

Edgar should have won but he shouldn't have gotten the rematch in the first place. Have him fight The Cerrone/Pettis winner for the next shot after Diaz.

i agree
kopower
8/12/12 1:12:16AM
I can see the argument for having to take the belt from the champ, but I thought that's what Edgar did. Bendo looked a little too relaxed, and let Edgar take the fight to him. I thought Benson would be more aggressive, and put a hurting on Frankie. Edgar seemed to be the one dictating the fight, and landing the better blows as the fight progressed.
KungFuMaster
8/12/12 1:17:57AM
I thought Benson won without a doubt.

I haven't seen the fight.
Chael_Sonnen
8/12/12 2:10:13AM
HENDERson won - - - AMEN!
tuvok500
8/12/12 2:24:48AM
I had edgar 49-46 like the first judge, i really think that Edgar should have his belt .

Bendo did less than in the first fight and what he did was far from winning 3 rds. I hate judges, except the one who score it correctly.
Pookie
8/12/12 3:53:17AM
2 rounds unarguably went to Edgar, 2 & 5
1 round unarguably went to Ben, #1

the other 2 could have gone either way, but personally i think it's a stretch to give Ben both of them considering he could have very well lost both of them and that's what won him the fight.

Edgar outperformed Ben and beat him. Hands down.

cowcatcher
8/12/12 4:19:41AM

Posted by Pookie

2 rounds unarguably went to Edgar, 2 & 5
1 round unarguably went to Ben, #1

the other 2 could have gone either way, but personally i think it's a stretch to give Ben both of them considering he could have very well lost both of them and that's what won him the fight.

Edgar outperformed Ben and beat him. Hands down.

Agreed, I thought Edgar got jobbed a little, but it was so damn close that I don't think it was total highway robbery. I agreed with the one judge that saw it for Frankie, seemed like a 49-46 to me with 3&4 being super close. At least the rematch phase at LW is finally over.
Aether
8/12/12 4:24:23AM
I was in a bar with a lot of distractions, so take it for what it's worth, but I gave 1, 3, and 4 to Henderson. I never try to argue a score unless I really paid close attention and had my judging hat on, though. I could easily see it differently with closer analysis.
Kpro
8/12/12 4:29:56AM
I missed the fight while watching football, now I'm going to have to find it. I didn't assume it would be close but it sounds closer than the first.
hashyandy4
8/12/12 5:03:14AM
I scored 49-46 Frankie. Excited for Bendo vs Nate though, should be an awesome fight.
prozacnation1978
8/12/12 7:12:33AM
Edgar got robbed
State_Champ
8/12/12 7:35:17AM
I thought Edgar won.

However, the numbers that the UFC displayed, along with the fact that the Judges scored it for Bendo, make me think I have misjudged the fight.
infestructure
8/12/12 8:28:24AM

Posted by State_Champ

I thought Edgar won.

However, the numbers that the UFC displayed, along with the fact that the Judges scored it for Bendo, make me think I have misjudged the fight.

Couldn't have said it better.
TeamDEY
8/12/12 9:27:35AM
I really thought Henderson won but it was close. What judge had it 49-46? That was ridiculous. I'm ready to see Diaz get in there and take the title.
TeamDEY
8/12/12 9:29:15AM

Posted by Aether

I was in a bar with a lot of distractions, so take it for what it's worth, but I gave 1, 3, and 4 to Henderson. I never try to argue a score unless I really paid close attention and had my judging hat on, though. I could easily see it differently with closer analysis.

I absolutely agree. 1, 3, and 4 (IMHO) were Henderson.
DancingDoll
8/12/12 9:53:21AM
I thought Edgar edged the win on this one.

I don't think it was blatant robbery when he didn't though - very close fight.
airkerma
8/12/12 10:05:00AM
I also thought Edgar won, more of a 48-47 score, but I made 600$ on Bendo so I'm okay with the decision. I flipped when Bruce said "And STILL..."
Kpro
8/12/12 11:30:43AM
I'm about to watch it, wish me luck.
sparky
8/12/12 11:36:03AM
Frankie clearly won that fight, I'm getting absolutely tired of bad decisions there happening more and more now. Can we just get a card with no fuckin mistakes
MALICE
8/12/12 11:54:07AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I thought Benson won without a doubt.

I haven't seen the fight.

Then you have two things in common with the judges.
FastKnockout
8/12/12 12:12:05PM

Posted by State_Champ

I thought Edgar won.

According to Fightmatrix it was a draw, but Edgar held the most significant strikes, takedowns, and submission attempts.
ChrisSabal
8/12/12 12:14:09PM
I had it 49-46 Edgar.
Pages: [1] 2