Lesson from UFC 100

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Lesson from UFC 100
tec52
7/14/09 8:53:28PM
If you talk trash, insult, ridicule, and mock your opponent before the fight MAKE DAMN SURE it's not Dan Henderson or Brock Lesnar.
mkiv9secsupra
7/14/09 9:25:05PM
im still in stitches from the laughter...

Bisping: "Im going to be the first to KO Dan Henderson"

but this probly shouldve been posted in the MMA Lounge
Twenty20Dollars
7/14/09 9:29:28PM
well bisping was true about one thing. Dan didnt take him down.
Jackelope
7/14/09 9:42:05PM
I just gotta say.. regardless of how you feel about the last punch- DAMN IT FELT GOOD TO SEE DAN SCORE HIMSELF A DOMINATING VICTORY AGAIN!

People didn't understand what all the Dan Henderson hype was about when he came over from Pride. He lost back to back matches to QJ and Anderson Silva and people lost faith in him. If you ask me, losing to those two is nothing to be ashamed of especially since in both of those matches there were moments when he was clearly in control.

Now that he's scored 3 big wins in a row his legacy is secure with UFC fans. Hendo- Olympic medalist, Pride Middleweight and Welterweight Champion, and just an all around awesome competitor.
Bowen50
7/14/09 9:58:59PM

Posted by Jackelope

I just gotta say.. regardless of how you feel about the last punch- DAMN IT FELT GOOD TO SEE DAN SCORE HIMSELF A DOMINATING VICTORY AGAIN!

People didn't understand what all the Dan Henderson hype was about when he came over from Pride. He lost back to back matches to QJ and Anderson Silva and people lost faith in him. If you ask me, losing to those two is nothing to be ashamed of especially since in both of those matches there were moments when he was clearly in control.

Now that he's scored 3 big wins in a row his legacy is secure with UFC fans. Hendo- Olympic medalist, Pride Middleweight and Welterweight Champion, and just an all around awesome competitor.

you said it Jackelope. it felt so good to see Henderson demolish someone again. Henderson will further cement his legacy with UFC fans after he takes Anderson's belt
telnights
7/14/09 11:20:30PM

Posted by Bowen50
after he takes Anderson's belt

K yes Dan looked good and did a great job in the fight but Bisping played right in to his style and his power hand. Plus Bisping isn't Anderson by any means. I like Dan and think he may stand the best chance right now at beating Anderson but I don't think those chances are very good.

breakdown5
7/14/09 11:30:15PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by Bowen50
after he takes Anderson's belt

K yes Dan looked good and did a great job in the fight but Bisping played right in to his style and his power hand. Plus Bisping isn't Anderson by any means. I like Dan and think he may stand the best chance right now at beating Anderson but I don't think those chances are very good.

I think you hit the nail right on the head. It was great to see Hendo crush someone again with that big power, but everyone but apparently Bisping realizes that you circle AWAY from the power, not drop your hands while stepping INTO the power. A valuable lesson has been learned, I'm sure.

prozacnation1978
7/15/09 12:56:21AM
yeah bisping and mir talked alot, and they both paid the price for it
Canadian-Pain
7/17/09 9:44:48PM
was never a bisbing fan. ..after he lost to (imho) Hammil and then started beaking on the mike i just disliked the guy (and im British) so glad he got smoked.

That 2nd shot wasn't really necessary buy Hendo, i am glad no real damage was done with it.