Lesner vs. Mir 2 who wins?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Lesner vs. Mir 2 who wins?
POLL: Rematch
Lesner 55% (31)
Mir 45% (25)
Taylor8766
8/30/08 11:27:58AM
Just wondering who you think would win the rematch IMO Lesner would win the rematch, what do you guys think?
Twenty20Dollars
8/30/08 12:03:29PM
Well since Lesnar's striking is going to pass mir's striking. Lesnar would dominate this fight. Frank wont be able to take lesnar down and lesnar can dominate on the feet or in the clinch and prolly get a tko.
Chuteboxer
8/30/08 12:22:01PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Well since Lesnar's striking is going to pass mir's striking. Lesnar would dominate this fight. Frank wont be able to take lesnar down and lesnar can dominate on the feet or in the clinch and prolly get a tko.

I was thinking the same thing. There's no need for Lesnar to go to the ground and risk himself if he fought Mir again. He could easily stand with Frank and drop him repeatedly.

I'd say a second round TKO.
Basshandsome
8/30/08 12:28:23PM
It would be the same as the first fight. Mir Sub rd 1.
gartface
8/30/08 12:36:29PM

Posted by Basshandsome

It would be the same as the first fight. Mir Sub rd 1.

I wish this fight was happening so I could do a permanent AV bet with you.
Brock Lesnar and Cain Velasquez are the future of this division, and that's a very near future.
Franklinfan47
8/30/08 12:41:17PM
Unless Lesnar serious worked on his ground game, I don't see any reason why it would go different then the first fight.
jae_1833
8/30/08 1:50:49PM
Lesnar isn't that great of a striker and obviously has NO submission skills whatsoever. If he knew subs at all Heath would have been finished in round 1. Now when Lesnar gets to fight somebody like Nog your going to see him get owned. Nog would out strike him, and put him into a submission hold pretty quickly. I think Mir will go to his back every time he faces Lesnar and get the sub there. I also think it's sad when we all discuss the future of the division and don't include any (except Nog) of the top ten fighters in that weight class. Affliction is the only place to watch the big men collide any more!
TH3_SaAa
8/30/08 2:02:13PM
Just as i was expecting everyones riding the Brock Lesnar train...I personally believe Frank Mir would win again by another submission because his Jiu Jitsu is unbelievable and broke Tim Sylvias forearm (a man who clearly outsizes Brock Lesnar due to height) in the first round. People are claiming that Brock Lesnars striking is better than Frank Mir, well if that so Brock Lesnars would attempt to take him down anyways letting Frank Mir feel comfortable once again with his dangerous guard.
juanez13
8/30/08 2:58:35PM
I would say Brock by TKO rnd 1.
casey64
8/30/08 3:07:06PM
Lesnar.
gsquat
8/30/08 3:29:46PM

Posted by Chuteboxer

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I was thinking the same thing. There's no need for Lesnar to go to the ground and risk himself if he fought Mir again. He could easily stand with Frank and drop him repeatedly.

I'd say a second round TKO.

I'd like to see him do this, and I'm sure he'd win this way... but it's going to be his instinct to take his opponent down. I'm not sure he'd commit to the feet.
tepid55
8/30/08 3:52:15PM
Mir would win by first round submission again. He's still one of the best heavyweights in the UFC.
prozacnation1978
8/30/08 6:40:35PM
i picked mir to win back in feb but if their was a rematch i would go with lesnar
superfan
8/30/08 7:30:11PM
Brock would easily win he would of won the last fight if he didn't make the mistake of letting Mir easily get his foot
DJDark41
8/30/08 7:52:09PM
Brock learned his lesson in the first fight. If Lesnar was smart, he would take this rematch if offered and I think he would win. He should've known in the first fight to avoid the takedown at all costs, but in a rematch he would defend the takedown like his life depended on it.
JimiMak
8/30/08 10:01:17PM
It would go the same way. He's still a wrestler and still doesn't have the JJ to deal w/ Mir. Mir's never been a great fighter, imo, but he's great at certain things. Finishing a guy like Brock quick is one of those things.
roger
8/31/08 12:01:45AM
lesnar tko in the 2nd round

lesnar knows not to go to the ground with mir now and will stand and knock mir out
Mhunt1140
9/1/08 8:23:08PM
At this point I will still go with Mir by SUB. Honestly Lesnar's striking isn't all that amazing. He had one great shot against Heath but still couldn't put him away. Yes he did dominate this fight but I wasn't super impressed. He was throwing wild punches and terrible combinations. Also when he did knock Heath down he basically just laid on him and smacked him in the side of the head. Never once did he try to get to a dominate position or just let him up. All Heath had to do was give Brock his back and wait for the Ref to stand it up.

Mir will be able to take a few shots and wait for the opening for an armbar or something just like last time.

Until Brock can put together some decent combinations and develop footwork I still think the top HW such as Mir, Nog, Randy and Fedor will pick him apart. But mark my words, very soon Brocks hands will speed up and he will be able to hit an move with deadly accuracy. Once that happens look out because that man is a beast and he will destroy anyone in his way.
bls1919
9/1/08 10:07:38PM
I would give Brock a much better chance at winning the rematch than i did in the first fight. He would have to use his wrestleing skills in reverse and stay standing. thats a lot to ask of a NCAA natn'l champ. His bread and butter is his wresteling. He would want to take Mir down for some GnP. I still think Mir would win via sub but i wouldnt bet on it.
KYGUY07
9/2/08 3:03:41AM
I lean more towards mir cuz we havent seen brock fight another great JJ guy so we dont know how well he can defend sub attempts, yeah hes bigger and stronger but mir is calm under pressure, he showed that in his last fight with lesnar, i think mir wins again but prolly rd.2 or 3 this time by submission.